Refillable mug...pushing the rules

I understand the rules. VBR is a little different in that they don't sell a dining plan so they can't tell you to buy the plan if you want to use your included mug early. If the split stay is reversed you can use the mug there so the question wasn't out of line at all.
Definitely not out of line, but even a split stay at the same resort where the 2nd part is with the plan, you still cannot access it.

I did not "hear" it as tongue in cheek, but rather another example of someone aggressively "working the system" in a negative way. And when that happens enough, Disney implements changes that do negatively impact my vacation. When you have been around for awhile, I think you will see that here.

Asking to get a refillable mug that she has paid for a few days early at a Disney owned property does not seem like "aggressively working the system." No matter what angle I look at this situation I can not fathom a possible way her request will have ANY impact on your vacation.

Disney on the other hand "aggressively works the system" to squeeze every last cent they can out of their customers (most of whom will happily hand it over). I don't think even if by some miracle a staff member gave her the free refill cup that Disney is going to feel that loss, and neither are you.

Let me make sure I understand - if the trip stay had been reversed she could use the mug the entire time, but because it's not she can't, but had the "nerve" to ask if she might be able to? Why the outrage? Ok obviously not real outrage. My point is if she pays the same amount of money and the trip were in a different order I'm guessing it would be ok. Plus if she did want to do this, she would have to ask a CM anyway, right? So it would be up to Disney to say yes or no, so it's not like she would be "stealing" without permission. I'm not one to say stealing is ok b/c it's "just a few sodas". but really, if she asked permission and it was granted - I wouldn't consider that stealing.

Let me make sure I understand - if the trip stay had been reversed she could use the mug the entire time, but because it's not she can't, but had the "nerve" to ask if she might be able to? Why the outrage? Ok obviously not real outrage. My point is if she pays the same amount of money and the trip were in a different order I'm guessing it would be ok. Plus if she did want to do this, she would have to ask a CM anyway, right? So it would be up to Disney to say yes or no, so it's not like she would be "stealing" without permission. I'm not one to say stealing is ok b/c it's "just a few sodas". but really, if she asked permission and it was granted - I wouldn't consider that stealing.
Yes, if the stays were reversed, it would be no problem. That's just the way the rules are. Even with our split stay at Pop last year, we could not gain access to our dining credits until we checked in for that package. However, we had no trouble getting our package tickets two days early. Their rules are very clear. We purchased a mug before our package began, because that's just how it works. As mentioned, Vero has no way to access any part of the OZp's dining plan, even if they wanted to. Therefore, there is no way to "pay" for the mug. Essentially they would be giving OP a free mug and then OP could "buy" a second one when they checked in for their stay. Mugs are not that expensive. You either buy one if you want it or you don't, but asking for a free one is just silly to me. YMMV :)

Speaking of pushing it, I people using their mugs at Earl of Sandwich today!

Since they are not a Disney owned restaurant, that would be classified as out and out stealing in my book.

Asking to get a refillable mug that she has paid for a few days early at a Disney owned property does not seem like "aggressively working the system." No matter what angle I look at this situation I can not fathom a possible way her request will have ANY impact on your vacation.

Disney on the other hand "aggressively works the system" to squeeze every last cent they can out of their customers (most of whom will happily hand it over). I don't think even if by some miracle a staff member gave her the free refill cup that Disney is going to feel that loss, and neither are you.

Nobody said it had a big impact on their vacation. So let's try putting it another way, you don't mind shoplifters in Walmart or Target because it doesn't affect your shopping? It doesn't affect YOUR or MY shopping, just the price you and I are paying.

Last edited:

Since they are not a Disney owned restaurant, that would be classified as out and out stealing in my book.
Unless they were getting water, it would be theft even if it was a Disney owned restaurant. Lol! Resort mugs are for use at resorts only, with the exception of water. Water is free, so if they were getting water, that's no biggie.

Unless they were getting water, it would be theft even if it was a Disney owned restaurant. Lol! Resort mugs are for use at resorts only, with the exception of water. Water is free, so if they were getting water, that's no biggie.
No it was soda, I was watching because I was curious!

No it was soda, I was watching because I was curious!
Maybe they paid for a drink and offered to use their own mugs instead of taking an additional paper cup from the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter