>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Can I refill multiple mugs at once? (like if I want to walk over to the main building with my mug and my dads mug to fill them both)

Can I refill multiple mugs at once? (like if I want to walk over to the main building with my mug and my dads mug to fill them both)
Technically, no, but, technically, yes. Each dispensing unit can do one mug at a time (there is only one sensing plate for each side). So you fill one, remove it, fill another, remove it, fill another, remove it, etc. When there is more than one dispensing unit (and there usually are at least two), you can fill the mugs simultaneously. But if there is another guest there, you'll probably only do one at a time.

I've seen several people comment about how they buy only on mug for their family and all use it. Thoughts??

I've seen several people comment about how they buy only on mug for their family and all use it. Thoughts??
If they don't mind waiting a few minutes between refills. We have one waterpark mug that we used to all share. But we didn't dump it into another cup, just shared the one drink. But the waterpark mugs were a lot bigger (at least the original ones were).

What I mean is- isn't each person expected to have their own? Aren't you buying a mug with the understanding that it is for one? I doubt that Disney is selling a mug for $15 and expecting an entire family to use it for 2 weeks. I have seen a cast member talk to a family about it- and another look the other way....

When we had mugs, we bought one for each of us. Other than the waterpark mug. I don't have a problem with people sharing as long as they aren't filling it, pouring into another container, filling again, pouring out, etc. If you get the dining plan, each person on the plan gets a mug. But if you are paying $16 a mug, I can see a larger family sharing, especially if they don't drink that much soda.

It's unethical to do that and if a cast member notices someone doing it, they'll probably approach them about it. The refillable mug was designed to be used for a single user only, not shared amongst multiple people.

If someone can't justify the price of a mug per person either due to a shorter stay or due to the fact that they may not drink enough soda, then it doesn't make sense to buy a mug for that person -- just pay for a single cup instead.

Nice, concise new thread, Lynne. Makes it easy. Might want to remind people that if they book the dining plan and have children under 3 who don't get dining credits, those children will not get a mug.
I plan on buying my 2 year old one.. its not too pricey

CBR had the old design and new design mugs when we started our trip on 10/29. By the time we left on 11/4 I only saw the new design available. Four colors available--Red, Blue, Lavender, and Green.

It's unethical to do that and if a cast member notices someone doing it, they'll probably approach them about it. The refillable mug was designed to be used for a single user only, not shared amongst multiple people.

If someone can't justify the price of a mug per person either due to a shorter stay or due to the fact that they may not drink enough soda, then it doesn't make sense to buy a mug for that person -- just pay for a single cup instead.
There really isn't any reason you cannot share a mug. But you really aren't supposed to pour it into another container and fill it again. If I'm getting as much as one person, but sharing it with someone in my family, I don't see it as a problem.

There really isn't any reason you cannot share a mug. But you really aren't supposed to pour it into another container and fill it again. If I'm getting as much as one person, but sharing it with someone in my family, I don't see it as a problem.

That's a difference of ethical opinion on the matter. If you fill the mug once and someone else has a few sips from it that isn't an issue. If you fill your mug, share it between two (or more) people, then in 5 minutes go fill it again and all drink from it, then fill it a 3rd time on your way out, my opinion is that this type of use is unethical -- you're filling the mug twice as often (or more) as you would if you were the only one drinking from it.

That's a difference of ethical opinion on the matter. If you fill the mug once and someone else has a few sips from it that isn't an issue. If you fill your mug, share it between two (or more) people, then in 5 minutes go fill it again and all drink from it, then fill it a 3rd time on your way out, my opinion is that this type of use is unethical -- you're filling the mug twice as often (or more) as you would if you were the only one drinking from it.

Whether someone is filling twice or more often by sharing is in the eye of the beholder. Some people get the mug and drink one soda a day. Another person may buy the mug and go get refills every 30 minutes while hanging out by the pool. Every person is different and you can't make a blanket statement that sharing with someone will equate to using it more than if drinking alone.

The mug is sold for unlimited refills for the duration of the stay. Which means I can just stand there and keep refilling every 2 minutes if I so choose. Frankly this would be a complete waste of time while in Disney- but I would definitely get my money's worth. Lol

I don't recall seeing it written anywhere that if you but a mug you CANNOT share your drinks with anyone. I don't care how people use their mug once they purchase it.

CBR had the old design and new design mugs when we started our trip on 10/29. By the time we left on 11/4 I only saw the new design available. Four colors available--Red, Blue, Lavender, and Green.

So excited about the lavender colored mug! Anyone have any pics of the new design? (I apologize if they were already posted...tried to make sure before posting this.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter