Refillable cup? and opinions please. UPDATE post #19

zilp

Mouseketeer
One of the best tips I have picked up so far is to buy the refillable cups at SeaWorld or Busch Gardens. We will be going to both parks. I have a few quick questions:

1. Where is the best place to buy them in the park?
2. Are there adult and child sizes?
3. Is there a choice of designs? And if so, which park has the cutest designs (in your opinion)?

The reason I ask the last question is because my kids LOVE animals and I really think they will love the cups (me not so much as I will be the one carrying them, lol). I would like to find one with animals if possible.

The first park we went to was Seaworld so we bought them there. We bought two for our family of 6. They are huge and so every refill was big enough for us to share. A lot of the reason we only got two was just because of having to carry them around, of course if you are hoping to have souvenir cups at home then that may not work but it worked for us. We will take them back with us next time we go as well and get even more value out of them.

There are several design choices and several different animals on the cups at Sea World. I bet its the same for Busch Gardens but I can't say as I haven't been.

For the huge ones I'd get those at the drink carts, the stores I've noticed have signs posted in front of cups advertising the 99 cent refills but they're on small cups and it wouldn't make it worth it. I know there's still the Turtle Trek cup and I THINK there's still a Manta cup. There are probably 2 different Shamu cups, I noticed a cute purple one when I was getting ice and had it been the cheaper of the two prices I might have got it because we're still bringing in our Believe cup for refills and that has been gone for a couple of years now.

There aren't really adult/child sizes per say but now that they're advertising the 99 cent refils on the cups they sell in the store you could get a smaller cup, I noticed a table outside of the shop across from the sharks I believe that had small cups that looked to be about or less than 20 ounces. I'd stick with the huge cups though and share if you're concerned about a kid having a giant drink, unless you need variety in drinks.

zilp said:
One of the best tips I have picked up so far is to buy the refillable cups at SeaWorld or Busch Gardens. We will be going to both parks. I have a few quick questions:

3. Is there a choice of designs? And if so, which park has the cutest designs (in your opinion)?

The reason I ask the last question is because my kids LOVE animals and I really think they will love the cups (me not so much as I will be the one carrying them, lol). I would like to find one with animals if possible.

Either place has nice designs. At sea world I saw they have new ones with a handle. Might get a few of those this yr to replace our old ones. Can just hang from the stroller.

That was the one thing I liked about BGs they have a child size souvenier cup and refills were 75 cents. Sea world doesn't have that option.

it would depend on which animals you are looking for as to which place to get them.

With 8 of us we only bought 2 large cups. We loved it and it was more than enough. We got Turtle Trek and Shamu cups.

I read somewhere that the cups are refillable in Universal and IOA too, is that right? It doesn't make sense to me...

alvaroaze said:
I read somewhere that the cups are refillable in Universal and IOA too, is that right? It doesn't make sense to me...

They have their own cups that are refillable. I haven't heard of using SW or BG ones there.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I read somewhere that the group that runs the US and IOA bought the Anhieser busch parks back in 2009.

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to know that both parks have animal designs. I now have to figure out what size cups to buy for all of us- thanks Jamie25UGA for pointing out that they sell the bigger cups at the drink stands. I guess it depends on what type of drinks they sell...mostly Coke or Pepsi products I assume? My kids and DH all like lemonade/fruit type drinks and I am the lone diet soda drinker- so no one will want to share with me :drinking:. It's funny, but planning the food/drink beforehand will make my life easier. Once everyone starts getting hungry, morale goes way down with my crew, so a tasty meal and cool drink makes a big difference and helps us keep moving.

BTW, I read somewhere on here that you can get Icee/slushie drinks in your refillable cups as well-is this true? If so, I will be a hero for my kids- they just love those kind of treats!

Either place has nice designs. At sea world I saw they have new ones with a handle. Might get a few of those this yr to replace our old ones. Can just hang from the stroller.

That was the one thing I liked about BGs they have a child size souvenier cup and refills were 75 cents. Sea world doesn't have that option.

it would depend on which animals you are looking for as to which place to get them.

Do you remember where in the park you saw the cups with handles? I really like the idea of hanging them on the handles of our stroller.

I guess it depends on what type of drinks they sell...mostly Coke or Pepsi products I assume? My kids and DH all like lemonade/fruit type drinks and I am the lone diet soda drinker- so no one will want to share with me :drinking:.

BTW, I read somewhere on here that you can get Icee/slushie drinks in your refillable cups as well-is this true? If so, I will be a hero for my kids- they just love those kind of treats!

Do you remember where in the park you saw the cups with handles? I really like the idea of hanging them on the handles of our stroller.[/QUOTE]

You can get powerade/gatorade, I seen lemonade, and *I think* I seen that you could it with slushies but we didnt have the cups at that time, we bought them an hour later and I forgot about the slushies by then.
We were there in December and I don't recall seeing the ones with handles but didn't lok for them either. We rented a stroller at SW and they had 2 big cupholders for our 2 refillables.

From what I know the cups are all the same size. Now it does depend on design but they are all the same. The one with the handles I saw in the restaurants but I wasn't looking at the drink stands so they could have them too.

There is a sluchee icee it has a different cup and refills are 2.99 I think. Don't quote me on it but it is more. They serve coca cola products but also have fruit punch too. And apple juice. If you do all day dining refills are covered under your drink choice. Only for fountains drinks. I haven't asked about the icee but I don't think it is covered. If it is boy that is a win win.

The Icee refills at BG are about half the price as they are at SW. I think they are in the 4+ dollar range at SW. My kids also like them alot but they are so expensive, I tell them to wait until we can hit up 7-11 on the way back to the room. At bg they are about $2 so reasonable.

For our kids, I take two cups from home then fill both from one refill of the refill bottle. That cuts the refill cup cost in half. The other item that has paid off for us is the popcorn bucket. They also offer refills on those too.

I have never heard about refillable cups at SW. How much are they and how much are the refills? Is it just for soda or for coffee as well like at WDW???

the_princess said:
I have never heard about refillable cups at SW. How much are they and how much are the refills? Is it just for soda or for coffee as well like at WDW???

It is the large souvenier cups with a lid and straw. They are $6.99 to buy the cup. Refills are 99 cents. Unless you have all day dining then its included (refills only). The drinks are fountain drinks but they also have fruit punch too.

During the winter they have insulated mugs for hot drinks. Those are 4.99 and I don't remember what the refill price was but I did ask if refills were included in all day dining and she said yes. I had never seen the hot mugs before so not sure if it for the christmas time only. They also had hot tea and hot chocolate.

There is also the insulated chiller ones that are for the icee/slushies.

It is the large souvenier cups with a lid and straw. They are $6.99 to buy the cup. Refills are 99 cents. Unless you have all day dining then its included (refills only). The drinks are fountain drinks but they also have fruit punch too.

During the winter they have insulated mugs for hot drinks. Those are 4.99 and I don't remember what the refill price was but I did ask if refills were included in all day dining and she said yes. I had never seen the hot mugs before so not sure if it for the christmas time only. They also had hot tea and hot chocolate.

There is also the insulated chiller ones that are for the icee/slushies.

Thank you so much... I remember seeing those the cups with straws, I just didn't know they had refill. :goodvibes

We're thinking of adding on Busch Gardens to our Discovery Cove passes too. If we buy the refillable cups at SW, can we use them at BG too? Or are they each park specific?

This is actually true. Unless it has changed in the last year or so. I actually have a few of the refill cups, we didn't realize we could use them year to year. As much as I hate to admit it, I use a fanny pack at the park, I usually take my DC laynard, loop it around the handle of the cup, and through my fanny pack and it kinda hangs down a little on my hip. This way I don't have to carry it. Works wonders for me.

cruisin'Mike said:
We're thinking of adding on Busch Gardens to our Discovery Cove passes too. If we buy the refillable cups at SW, can we use them at BG too? Or are they each park specific?

Yes you can use the same cups at the parks. They accept both SW and BG cups.

Update:
We went to BG and SW and saw the cups. As mentioned previously, they are 6.99 +tax. Soda refills are .99 cents and slushie refills are 2.99$ (+ tax), same at both parks. We did see the childrens refillable cup and they were a bit cheaper, but they were really small maybe 8-12oz while the refillable cups are much larger maybe 32oz. Slushie refills in the kids cup were only a dollar cheaper, but you got much less quantity. Not sure how much soda refills were for the kids cups. Plus, I only saw them at BG.

Both BG and SW also offered fancier/insulated refillable mugs for 8.99$, same size as the 6.99$ version.

If anyone cares, BG had a yellow Cheetah Hunt cup and a pink/purple Iceploration cup. SW had an orange Shamu cup and greeen Turtle Trek cup. I preferred the SW designs, but we had already bought the yellow cup at BG, since that was our first stop.

Oh, and we never saw the cups with handles. We wound up bringing a stroller that had cup holders, but that sure would have been handy to hang on an umbrella stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter