Recs for hotels near Universal Orlando plus some questions...

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by ilovetinks, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ilovetinks

ilovetinks Earning My Ears

So I think we are going to take a break from Disney after our trip coming up this Fall. So what I'm thinking of doing is a short cruise and then staying at a hotel near Universal Orlando/Seaworld for about 3 or 4 days. Any recommendations? Places to avoid? I'm also wondering what the best way to get from Port Canaveral to Orlando is? I'm finding this trip harder to plan as booking with Disney is so easy. Any help is appreciated!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Not sure about any of the Seaworld hotels, but the Doubletree, Hyatt Place Universal and Holiday Inn closest to Universal are all highly recommended.

4. macraven

macraven <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><marquee><font co

Drury Inn is good also.
    they have a free shuttle and free breakfast.

5. LMichelleee

LMichelleee "Let us step into the night and pursue that flight

We stayed at Hampton Inn on S. Kirkman for 5 days this past May and really liked it. The shuttle times to Universal were decent and it if we didn't feel like coming back from the parks early the cab fare with tip was only about $6. I think we got picked up 2nd and dropped off last. You'll have to call because they change the shuttle schedule every month. There was a gas station nearby and a couple restaurants within walking distance. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and the staff was nice. They provided an awesome hot and cold complementary breakfast with new stuff everyday. They also had free wifi, free mini fridge and microwave. The price was great too. We'd stay there again but after staying onsite, I don't think we'll ever stay anywhere else! :goodvibes

6. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Since this thread is not about onsite Universal resorts, it will be moved to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.

7. Katemaru82

Katemaru82 Earning My Ears

Are any of these hotels within a safe walking distance?

8. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

I think Doubletree is the closest to Universal and is about a 20 min walk or so. Safe, yes, relatively so. There are major roads with traffic, but you should be safe.

9. deej696

deej696 They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime,

The walk from the DT isn't too terrible, but I wouldn't choose to do it again if given the choice. Of course, I probably won't be going back to the Doubletree at Universal anytime soon, because I wasn't so fond of it last year...

A friend of mine stayed at the Hyatt Place and had a good experience for what that's worth:thumbsup2