Recreating Memories- Surprise Mother & daughter trip

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by princess&her4princes, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

How did I miss this TR?!?! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dancegrl624

Dancegrl624 DIS Veteran

Whew! I just got finished reading your entire PTR! Your plans sound so wonderful! I love your Mother's Day update. It looks like you all had a wonderful day!

4. JenAusty

JenAusty Mrs. Incredible

What a nice mommys day! You are lucky.. I hope when I have children.. we do wonderful things like that on MY day! hehe :goodvibes

5. Dylan_&_Blake's_mom

Dylan_&_Blake's_mom DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen! Wow, you got some GREAT pics! Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm so glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing.

6. princess&her4princes

princess&her4princes DIS Veteran

Thanks for everyone's nice compliments, Mother's day was such a NICE day....it's a nice little tradition to have, I'm happy we started it and look forward to it every year!!:goodvibes

7. princess&her4princes

Happy Friday everyone!!!:banana:

My ticker is now saying less that 4 months....not technically, but I'll take it!!:lmao: Things are moving right along.....

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, tomorrow is baseball for Ethan, yard work (assuming the weather holds off!) and Sunday is the BIG race! GULP!!:scared1: I'm very nervous about it as I haven't run since last Wednesday because of my shin splints, but I'm going into it with the right attitude, to just finish, even if that means I walk. I've been icing (when I remember or have a minute to sit!) them and my plan is to just do the best I can and have fun with it, Todd is running with me, so that will be nice. Although his stride is A LOT bigger than mine, since he's is 6'4" and I'm only 5'4" ish....lol!!:rotfl: We'll make the best of it. We got a sitter so we can do this together and when we get home we're meeting my parent to grill out and so Dad can help us build new deck stairs.

Nothing new on the Disney horizon (sorry!) but hoping next week the park hours will be out and I can start really planning. Or at least I hope that is the case!:rolleyes:

I hope you're all well and I hope you all have WONDERFUL weekends!!!
    ttys!
    Kristen:flower3:

ps- sent away for the Disney cruise line DVD, just got it in the mail, can't wait to watch it!!! Hoping and dreaming....

pss- Adam (my BFF hubby from my last trip, if you read it) and I are now harrassing each other with a "fake" countdown to our next trip to Disney together as families.....not sure when it will happen but our wheels are spinning.....but we have both agreed that it would be a lot easier to wait a couple more years to go with the kids with less "baby" gear....so we'll see.....but it's fun to dream!!!:cloud9:

8. lizet313

lizet313 A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

9. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have the perfect attitude going in to the race. Be sure you update this weekend and let us know how it went!

10. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Now, thats what I am talking about, your DH planning a trip. I need to find my DH a BFF that likes Disney. :rolleyes1

11. catherines_mama

catherines_mama DIS Veteran

Good luck with your race this weekend. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Come on park hrs.. Hurry up!

12. Dylan_&_Blake's_mom

Dylan_&_Blake's_mom DIS Veteran

Good luck with your race Kristen. I'm sure you will do great and like you said, try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Just completing it is a great accomplishment. I can't wait to hear how it went.

It is always so much fun to dream of vacations to disney, I hope we can do the cruise line sometime soon.

13. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Boston is such a beautiful City.

And yes! :rotfl2: Duts! :goodvibes

Good luck on your race on Sunday! You should be proud of your accomplishment no matter if you have to walk or not! Also, good luck on your real estate exam. I used to work for the Board of Realtors-I kinda miss it, real estate is really interesting, I was never an agent, but I had to facilitate the classes and all that-so I learned about anti-trust, mold, meth houses, and more! :laughing:

14. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Good luck with the race!!!! :goodvibes You'll do great!! :cheer2:

15. A's Princess

A's Princess Mouseketeer

Have a great race!!!

16. LaurenMic

LaurenMic LaurenMic

Hi Kristen!! Good luck today! That is great that Todd is running with you so you have some company! Enjoy the day, can't wait to hear all about it.

17. princess&her4princes

Hi Everyone!

Well, I did it, thanks to your support, I ran my 1st 5K and finished!!!:cool1: And in better time than I expected, too!!! :yay:

It wasn't easy for me, it was POURING down rain, but my shins did okay (thanks to resting them this last week!). Todd ran with me and was a great motivator and he even let me cross the finish line first since this was 'my' race, what a guy, I'm so lucky to have him!!:lovestruc I'm SO HAPPY that I did this and completed it and I'm looking forward to my next one (possibly late June!), just need to figure out this whole shin thing so I don't run into the same issue next time.

I'm very sore today but it was the first time I ran that far and outside, so that was to be expected for sure. Here are a couple of pics with our numbers, didn't get any at the race since we were both running and the boys were home with a sitter...just as well, we were soaked and I'm sure quite the vision!! LOL!:rotfl:

[​IMG]

Todd & Cole....look how much bigger Todd is!! LOL!!! Let's hope my boys get his height!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for everyones nice words and support, it meant a lot to me!!!!
    Kristen:flower3:

18. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Congrats!!! And in the rain as well??!! You really deserve a pat on the back!:goodvibes

19. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

WOO HOO! Yayayayayaya! :thumbsup2

20. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Way to go! :dance3:

21. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Great job Kristen! That really stinks that it rained on you. I'm so glad your shins held up and you were able to finish, thats got to feel good after you worked so hard to get there. :goodvibes