Recommended Swamp Air boat rides?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by CJK, Apr 30, 2013.

1. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

As a little girl, I remember taking a boat tour in a swamp and seeing lots of alligators. I'd LOVE to take DH on such a ride while in Orlando, but there seem to be a few companies to choose from and I was hoping some of you experts could make some recommendations? Price is important, but I also want the experience to be a good one. Thanks for any advice!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jsrj21

jsrj21 Frathouse

You know, we're doing the same thing this summer. We've never been on an air boat but I found this one outfit through a guy I met at Bass Pro Shops in Orlando last time we were there in 2011. I am sure there are more qualified people out there than myself but this is the place we're using when we go down in August. Hope it helps!

http://www.wildwillysairboattours.com/PHOTO_GALLERY.html

4. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Years ago, Corey and Julie of the Podcast Team went to the Boggy Creek Airboat company, and from what I remember, really enjoyed it. Here's a link to photos and a video they took of their experience. They also reviewed it on DisUnplugged, but I don't know the show number. Seems the photos were taken around March 26, 2008.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photos/bcairboats/index.htm

5. Disney Khi

Disney Khi DIS Veteran

6. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

7. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

I highly recommend Wild Willy's in St. Cloud. We did their one-hour tour on Boxing Day and had a fabulous time :thumbsup2 .

If you click on the link to my Christmas trip report in my signature, there's lots of photos and a full write up of our experience starting on page 5, post 73.

8. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

We did Boggy Creek a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. We haven't tried any others so I can't compare but we were pleased with our experience.

Make sure you visit their website or pick up one of the tourist coupon books when you are in town to get a discount.

9. cjlvsccm

cjlvsccm DIS Veteran

We've used Spirit of the Swamp twice. They give an excellent private tour, for a great custom experience every time! It was definitely worth the money. :thumbsup2