Recommended restaurants near Windsor Hills?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Jotul, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Jotul

Jotul Earning My Ears

We're arriving in Orlando late evening on a Saturday and staying at Windsor Hills. We'll need to go to a grocery store to set up our house, as well as a restaurant, since I know I'll be too exhausted to cook a proper meal.

Any recommendations for a family of four for a decent restaurant? Would like to avoid the major chains that will probably be overly crowded on a Saturday night. Would like a nice in-an-out place with decent-to-good food.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gqchicago

gqchicago Formerly someone else..

There's the Dennys, Perkins, etc, for a lower end, fast kind of restaurant. On 192 there's a great Italian place called Carabba's we ate at last trip that we all loved, and an Outback Steakhouse that wasn't all that crowded for a weekend (meaning we had zero wait to get a table). Another option, Giordano's is famous Chicago deep dish pizza and has a restaurant there on 192 right near WHR, and they deliver to Windsor Hills, so if you don't want to eat out just call and order a pizza for delivery to the house! We usually do this our first night there and let the kids swim, they love it!

4. isla bonita

isla bonita DIS Veteran

Take some good advice order a deep dish pizza from Giordanos and a salad believe me one will be plenty. Let the kidos go swimming and you will be their hero.

5. PistonsFan

PistonsFan Mouseketeer

There's a chinese place in the Formosa Gardens shopping center that has really good carry-out. Sorry I don't know the name of it, but they do deliver to WH. If you had a phone book in your cnodo you could probably find it, or maybe someone else knows the name.

6. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

That's good to know, because the Chinese place in the Orange Lake shopping center with the Publix is positively horrible.

7. aquaticmom

aquaticmom Go Pens!

I've searched Giordano's website for their hours but can't find it listed. Does anyone remember how late they stay open on weeknights? We won't be arriving at WH until aprrox. 11:30 PM next Tuesday and I would like to order pizza and pick it up on our way past.

8. gqchicago

gqchicago Formerly someone else..

Giordano's
    www.giordanos.com

7866 W Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy
    Kissimmee, FL 34747
    (407) 397-0044

Open Daily 11am-11:30pm

9. aquaticmom

aquaticmom Go Pens!

Thanks!!