Recommendations for steam cleaner at good price?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by gasman61, Sep 2, 2008.

1. gasman61

gasman61 Mouseketeer

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and several areas of our carpet that have pet messes! I am getting tired of spot cleaning by hand and am hoping to get a steam carpet cleaner for my birthday this month.

Does anyone have a brand of steam cleaner they would recommend? Where are the best prices found for these?

Thanks so much.

Oh, I do have a bissell little green machine, but I am looking for an upright model.

2. Momma2dakidz

Momma2dakidz Mouseketeer

I have tried them all........ for a dog loving family get one with 2 different containers, not one with a bladdder that goes into the dirty water thing. Those are disgusting and hard to empty.

I bought the middle grade hoover. It cleans EXTREMELY well. But it sucks in terms of durability, i have already had to have it repaired. (there warranty is awesome! and covers parts and labor!!!) If i had to buy another it will be another hoover. (bissells just dont cut it in my 5 dog rescue house)

Good luck!

ps i purchased mine at walmarts. had it serviced at a fancy hoover only shop.

3. DMickey28

DMickey28 <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br>Comes from a very

I have a middle of the road Hoover as well. I love it ... I have a dog, two kitties and a baby!! I really like it. It does not steam (not many do) but I just load it up with HOT water and it's great. I pre-treat pet stains with Natures Miracle and then use the cleaner. Mine heats as it sucks up the water and takes NO time to dry.

I have this one and paid $150 at Walmart. I did a ton of research and this one fit what I was looking for with a good price.

[​IMG]

4. Karalea

Karalea Mouseketeer

I have the same one as DMickey 28. I just got it at Walmart a month or so ago. It was a roll back for $136 something:thumbsup2

I love it!! I have 2 dogs (1 a puppy who is still not quite housetrained) and 3long haired cats. I was shocked and amazed but the amount of yuck that came out of my carpet.

The only thing I don't like is that the tank needs to be emptied alot. Maybe 3 or 4 times a room. Or maybe my carpets are just that bad:rotfl: