1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Recommendation for Hotel at DTD?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by mamommy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mamommy

mamommy Earning My Ears

Can anyone recommend one of the non-Disney hotels at DTD? DH and I are doing a quick drive through visit, and I can't really justify the cost of a disney resort room for one night (I would pay it, but dh is too practical). We will be going to DTD, and would like to stay at one of the hotels across the street - I just can't decide on which one. Thoughts?

TIA!

Elizabeth

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. michelle1

michelle1 DIS Veteran

The Hilton and the Wyndham are very close to DTD. We stayed this summer at the Wyndham and paid $76/night...it was clean and comfortable and good for a night or 2. If we were to stay there again we would try the Hilton as the Wyndham is pretty old and needs some touch ups although the pool area is great.

4. jennib5426

jennib5426 DIS Veteran

I stayed at Doubletree suites in DTD in July for $109 and got a 1 bedroom suite with fridge, microwave, living room.
    It was nice big room, great bed and flat screen tv's.

Did have to pay $10 to park if you have a car.

If you want to go down the street by the outlet mall there is the Marriott village with Fairfield, Springhill and Courtyard. Those are usually $79-$99 with free parking.

5. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

OP what date do you need a hotel for?

6. mamommy

mamommy Earning My Ears

Oct 9th

7. Darkside

Darkside Mouseketeer

Here is my problem with the nickel and dime resorts at DTD. Why not post a rate that includes resort fees and parking fees. I just hate that kind of deceptive marketing. Swan and Dolphin does this junk too.

8. Elfstar

Elfstar Guarded by Dragons, Gargoyles...and Figment!

I agree - give us one price - I found what I thought was a good price for one of the DTD hotels - and then found out that there were four additional fees to the tune of another $40 per night. Needless to say, I booked a different hotel, same area, NO fees! And same area, same quality. So look before you book!

9. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

The doubletree was very nice. You get extra room a fridge and microwave. My sister stayed at the royal plaza and she and her kids had free breakfast that she said was good. The room was not fancy but the price was right.

10. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire