Recommend a Poly Garden View

polineedyan

DIS Veteran
So today, my wife, the planner that she is..., said " so I noticed we have a garden view room. You know, like it was soo special..Uh hem..Well, we're going next week and I thought I would fax in some room requests, and see just how special I can make it..Basically, Im looking for recommendations for our family of 6 (smallest being 2) as to which building with a garden view. I suppose that distance to the TTC is important, as is the distance to the pools, lagoon, etc..(but thats what EVERYONE says..) I just want my wife to be able to wake up and go outside, first thing, and have a GREAT view, while still staying "garden view" category. I know to ask for first or third floor..I suppose I should also consider the GCH, so I can get back to her quickly with the coffee!!
Thanks in advance

My family and I went to the Poly last year and in 2004.
Both times we requested the same thing. :) FIGI!!!!! Third floor facing the marina!
We love it! :cloud9: It is about a two minute to the boat dock. and about a three minute walk to captain cooks/lobby.
plus it is really close to the volcano pool.
the view cant be beat. you get the marina, and get to see the boat coming in from MK. and you can also see the comtemporary resort in the background.

here is a picture of our view: (hope it works)

10gn487.jpg

We were in the Fiji building, right by the main house and the marina. Second floor with a nice water view but no balcony

thanks for the replies! I went over to tikiman's and it was helpful, too. But I liked tokelau, north end. Now Im LIKING what y'all suggested, because Ive had a pic of the marina on the desktop for weeks, and all the kids say.."can we go THERE!!" and we say " maybe next year" they have nooo idea..

For our first stay in September we were in Samoa facing the quiet pool :goodvibes. I had requested volcano pool side, but it wasn't available when we checked in. They offered to move us the next morning, but we decided to stay where we were assigned and it was wonderful....the quiet pool view was nice and peaceful ::yes::. Everything seemed to be very convenient from our building :). Good luck and I hope you get all your requests met :cutie:.

We stayed in Tokelau and were very pleased, pretty central to everything...FIJI looks great though, the only downside si you are farther from pools and TTC, but if you don't mind the walk WHAT A VIEW!

thanks for the replies! I went over to tikiman's and it was helpful, too. But I liked tokelau, north end. Now Im LIKING what y'all suggested, because Ive had a pic of the marina on the desktop for weeks, and all the kids say.."can we go THERE!!" and we say " maybe next year" they have nooo idea..

We stayed in Tokelau (3rd flr) during our april trip this year & really liked the location, right next to the quiet pool, short trip around the Hawaii bldg to the main pool & the pool bar, not too far to either the TTC or the GCH. Also since it's a newer bldg the rooms are a smidge larger than the older bldgs, which might help w/ 6 in the rm.

It's all personal preference really, I don't think you can really go wrong at the Poly. :thumbsup2

I don't stress alot about location here, I just request a balcony. The resort is not that large. We were in:
DSCF3049.jpg

Upon checkin at around 0800 they had several rooms for us to choose from, we chose this one.
DSCF3259.jpg

This building, 1 of 3 that is the farthest walk to the TTC. We strolled a very leisurely pace due to the 2 yr old insisting on walking and I doubt it took more than 10-12 minutes from TTC to our building door.

Most people like a balcony to sit on in the AM and drink that cup of coffee that their SO other went to get.

Another Fiji vote there! We must have been just below the room SnowWhiteDancer had! I think we may have been one over to the left, but we had 1st floor...it was great! Now picture this as you open your drapes in the morning....the glistening of the water creating shimmer art on your ceiling and walls, you rub your eyes, look to the left and see Space Mtn across the lake, look ahead to the volcano pool and marina, look up just a bit into Ohanas...who's that I see in the window? PLUTO! And Mickey! AND Lilo and Stitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DS LOVES Pluto...on our very first morning he looks over and says what'a that building with all the glass windows...MOM!!!!!! It's Pluto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Cooks was being redone when we were there, but it is right below Ohanas and the walk from Fiji to there is short and sweet! The beache is right outside your building door if you'd like to play there and sit on the swing, this view isof the GF...also GV!
aAt first I was concerned over boat noise/fumes...but it was never a problem. While we were on the first floor, it was still was very private as the bushes are just the right size. Loved to sit there with my coffee in the am.
Now, this is the only time we have stayed at the Polynesian so it is the only room I can comment on...to be honest as we walked around we could see good points to just about every building! Enjoy your trip..we LOVED the Polynesian...and we paid rack rate (free DP that trip) best trip ever, deluxe accomodations and deluxe TS every night...man, have a great time!

Pam

We really loved our garden view from 3rd floor tokelau-over looked the quiet pool with a side view of cinderella castle

polycastleview.jpg

quiet pool
polyquietpool.jpg

fireworks from the balcony
polyfireworks.jpg

hth--:goodvibes

We've stayed in tokelau twice and loved it there.
Central location and larger rooms.
It's very quiet there which is important to us as we usually are ready to rest when we hit our hotel room.

We went last year and were in Tahiti and thought that was a wonderful location because you are a short walk from the TTC. We also had a gardenview on the 2nd floor. You could walk around the building and you were on the beach with a perfect view of cinderella's castle. You could see the fireworks perfectly.

You do have a coffee maker in the room...we thought it was pretty decent, just in case you are not directly adjacent to GCH.

I am also unsure of what room to request...we are traveling with our 2 kids (dd's 5 & 7). And my parents. My mom needs a room that is handicap accessible and a view of a pool, any poo, we just want the pool close since she is in a wheel chair. Any suggestions? Dh and I paid for a MK/ lagoon view. I thought Tahiti would fit that request...all the pics that have been posted are amazing so I would guess we can't go wrong with any longhouse.:)

We stayed in Tokelau (3rd flr) during our april trip this year & really liked the location, right next to the quiet pool, short trip around the Hawaii bldg to the main pool & the pool bar, not too far to either the TTC or the GCH. Also since it's a newer bldg the rooms are a smidge larger than the older bldgs, which might help w/ 6 in the rm.

It's all personal preference really, I don't think you can really go wrong at the Poly. :thumbsup2

We also enjoyed Tokelau, facing the quiet pool. I had requested a balcony but was offered a patio in order to also have connecting rooms. My family was happier with the patio, it was secluded by the foliage.

I get to go (finally! :hyper: :cloud9: ) for a few days at the end of our Sept. trip and am asking for a balcony or patio in either Tahiti or Tokelau. I think those locations look the best for us (ok, me! :hyper: ), although Fiji and Aoterea do look very tempting! I really don't care what I look at as long as I get to sit outside and drink coffee. I am soooo looking forward to that! :yay:

Another vote for Tokelau! I think I had the same exact room as lov2b@disney. It was an ideal location! We've stayed in Tokelau three times and loved it!

We also stayed in Tuvalu with a Garden View. It was pretty. We were on the first floor, near the beach end. It was nice to go out and sit on the beach at night!

We had originally requested garden view Fiji, but ended up in garden view Aotearoa. This is from room 3226 :

Yet another 3rd floor Tokelau vote here. :thumbsup2 Our gardenview room overlooked the quiet pool and looked just about the same as the photos posted. They're all great (absolutely favorite is concierge Hawaii). Have a great time.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter