Recomendations if ohana not available

Lori S.

Mouseketeer
I want Ohana for our family (12 of us- 7 adults and 5 kids ages 14-4)
We are doing several great character meals, but I wanted one FUN location with great food (for the adults) but not a formal dinner, I want the kids to have fun. Ohana availability is limited to late and I'm afraid kids will be too tired. Other suggestions? Thanks!!

We are also eating at CM, princess storybook in Norway, and breakfast at tusker house.

One of our favorite meals on our past trip was Kona Cafe. It's right across from Ohana. We really loved both of these. The adults will really enjoy Kona as well as the kids. They will especailly enjoy the deserts, the Kona Cone is great for little ones! Ohana would be so much fun, especailly with a large group, but if it is indeed full, then Kona is a wonderful alternate. I hope this helps and I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Just a reminder to keep checking on line. I have been checking morning, afternoon & night for a few weeks now (DGrD really wants to do the O'Hana breakfast and I never have). Then we decided to try and get O'Hana dinner for the night we arrive. For weeks there was nothing and then suddenly some openings would pop up. Just last week I was able to get 5:30 PM for arrival day and 7:45 AM for departure day. Keep trying - people cancel and shift their reservations around as their trips get closer - at least I do!

How about Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge? Lots of fun antics, and we've really enjoyed our meals there.

For fun, I would also suggest Whispering Canyon. For fantastic food, I would suggest Boma.

Just a reminder to keep checking on line. I have been checking morning, afternoon & night for a few weeks now (DGrD really wants to do the O'Hana breakfast and I never have). Then we decided to try and get O'Hana dinner for the night we arrive. For weeks there was nothing and then suddenly some openings would pop up. Just last week I was able to get 5:30 PM for arrival day and 7:45 AM for departure day. Keep trying - people cancel and shift their reservations around as their trips get closer - at least I do!

Im beginning to give up I have been checking off and on for over a month for a character meal Dec 14th and Im not having any luck :(. I did manage to get a Teppan Edo for the 13th. Thats about all I have found in a months time.

How about Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge? Lots of fun antics, and we've really enjoyed our meals there.

for your group, this is my suggestion as well. Although Kona is one of my faves

I was totally forgetting wcc, we ate there last time and it was great. I'd still love to try for ohana, because it's different, but that's a great option. At kona, I know it's smaller and inside, is there anything 'fun' there?

Is ohana outside? I know they have the coconut races, what else is going on?

I second Kona. There are no "walls" per se, so you can see right into Polynesian's lobby. The food is fantastic as well.
Whispering Canyon was fun, but our family didn't care for the food.

I agree with WCC. Tons of fun for the kids, and the food is good-not fine dining, but Finger-lickin'-good BBQ. And great milk shakes and smoothies that you can get as your drink! What more could you ask for! :confused3

As far as Ohana, it's not outside. They have the coconut races, teach you how to hula, maybe something else too, I can't remember. But we love it there, and my hubby has a little crush on the Lady who sings! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter