Recipes with soup

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Disney Ontario, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Disney Ontario

Disney Ontario Ontario Disney

Hi. I found a recipe on Kraft Canada- meatball caserole. It calls for cream of mushroom, can I change it to cream of chicken? Or what else- we don't like mushrooms?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. StregaNona

StregaNona Mouseketeer

How about cream of celery? cream of potato? cream of broccoli?

4. JandJ

JandJ <font color=darkorchid>If I close my mind in fear

Just to let you know, there really aren't any mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup and when you use it as a base for a casserole or a crockpot meal you don't even taste the mushrooms. That said, yes you can use cream of chicken or any of the other cream soups the PP mentioned. I hope the recipe turns out great!

5. cirquelovers

cirquelovers Mouseketeer

Personally I can still taste the mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup. So I prefer to use cream of celery or chicken instead when I make casseroles with soup bases.

Have fun experimenting and see what tastes best for you!

6. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

I usually cream of celery since I'm the only one in my family who likes mushrooms. Go ahead and change it, but it may taste a bit different than you intended. There are very few tiny pieces of mushrooms in the cream of mushroom soup so it may not be too bad if you decide to give it a try.

7. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

My boys don't like mushrooms but DH and I do - I've used cream of mushroom in the crockpot and they never even notice. But as others said it really won't hurt to use something else.