Recipe for cheese dip from the Mexican restaurants?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by cwnhokie, Jul 18, 2009.

1. cwnhokie

cwnhokie DIS Veteran

I've been looking for this recipe all over the web. My kids could eat it by the bucket. It's queso or cheese dip. White creamy cheese with just a tiny bit of spice. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mel63

mel63 Mouseketeer

What restaurant is it from? There are a lot of "copycat" recipes out there.:confused3

4. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

Try the greek cheese dip in my thread below wiht a bit of chilli:thumbsup2

5. Chris2597

Chris2597 DIS Veteran

I make quesa all the time. The whole family loves it on Sunday when we barbecue. I use:
    1 large block of Velvetta
    1 can rotell tomatoes (I use original recipe) Hot is very hot
    1 can cream of celery soup
    Cut the cheese into chunks, cover with rotell and soup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 1min. intervals and stir until completely melted. Be sure not to overcook as the cheese will scorsh.

A friend told me she uses the soup as it makes the cheese dip creamier and it doenst gel up...I though ick celery soup .....but it does work and makes the sauce just like the restaurants serve. Serve with nacho chips

6. millerwdwfans

millerwdwfans I work for Mickey Bars!

Oh, I thought I was the only one beating my brains out trying to find that elusive cheese.:upsidedow
    I searched all over the web looking for a recipe for the cheese dip you are talking about. I don't know why there doesn't seem to be any recipes for it.
    I finally stumbled upon a good subsitute in Kroger one day. They have their own store brand version of velveeta cheese. Right next to that they have queso blanco. It is in blocks like the velveeta. They have a plain one and one with chiles in it , I believe. I have only tried the plain one.
    You can cut it in chunks and add some milk to it and microwave until melted or put it in a small crock pot. Either way it tastes just like that yummy white cheese sauce from Mexican restaurants.
    HTH!:goodvibes