Recent returns--any goodies for good grades?

Shannon D

Mouseketeer
We are heading down very soon and want to take the kids' report cards because we received a postcard from Loews stating something to the effect of free drinks and desserts (?) as a reward for children who make high marks. Of course, I can't locate this postcard now, but I'm hoping the check in folks don't look at me like I'm crazy when I show them the report cards.

When I made the ressie the loews rep didn't have any info on it.

So has anyone done this recently?

Also, it states on their website that they have a small gift at check in for kids under the age of 10...anyone know what that might be?

Thanks for any info!

ok, I did do a search and can answer my own question...
looks like I should expect the kids to get a wristband for free drinks and maybe a pail filled with candy as check in gift?
Sounds good to me!

I'll post our experiences when we return.
:)

Hi...just back late last night after 7 nights at RPR.....O.K., I brought the kids report cards, CM ws familiar with the program but hotel was out of wristbands:( she filled out individual cards to Jakes restaurant and ONLY Jakes...so that was a bummer...pool side bar would've been better, for 2 drinks per day and a card for each kid to have a free brkfst buffet each day, but ONLY with the purchase of adult buffet!:eek: those are $15 apiece for adults...way too rich for our blood....so the kids did get ripped off, I checked each A.M. for the bracelets but never did get them....they were also out of the "gift"...finally gave them a shell necklace...o.k. for DD but DS was disappointed that there was not a boy toy. So take the cards and hope for the best....maybe your luck will be better than ours was. We checked in on the 4th and resort was completely sold out....I will post later about that....and on Wednesday was the big-wig Loews opening party for all the suits and travel people...so we could not use the pool, pool area, and Jakes was closed for private party...I can see this will be a major negative of it being a convention hotel....people were REALLY REALLY MAD about the pool closure...3rd one that week, 2 were due to children having"accidents" in the pool:rolleyes: rooms were really nice, employees were really nice and lifeguards went out of their way to keep kids happy and busy. Overall we would definitely stay there again...especially at the ent. rate!:)

Is there an age limit on the report card deal? Highschoolers ok? and what is considered an A-( my kids get numbers ) I am assuming anything over a 90?

Should I bring a report card with us when we goin Sept?? (The mose recent one of course)

Originally posted by FINFAN
and on Wednesday was the big-wig Loews opening party for all the suits and travel people...so we could not use the pool, pool area, and Jakes was closed for private party...I can see this will be a major negative of it being a convention hotel....people were REALLY REALLY MAD about the pool closure...3rd one that week,

I absolutely HATE that! I think it is so wrong to close a pool and the only pool at that of a resort to guests staying there. This has happned to us so many times at many different resorts. Why do people have to have thier private parties poolside, there are many other places to have them & why does the resort let them??? I am in the hospitality/convention business & I just can't understand this.

Does a Kindergarten report card count? They don't recieve A's, but +'s and checks and -"s.
Any one used this recently?

Bring the most recent report card....whatever the grading system is will work...there was no age limit specified nor were we asked. DD has letter grades and DS has s+'s....no questions were asked about that . A- is an A. No one seemed to be that specific about the type of A. I hope they have the bracelets for you all.

Bring the most recent report card....whatever the grading system is will work...there was no age limit specified nor were we asked. DD has letter grades and DS has s+'s....no questions were asked about that . A- is an A. No one seemed to be that specific about the type of A. I hope they have the bracelets for you all.

We stayed Saturday night at Portofino Bay and the kids each received a beach bucket (with shovel) that contained candy, a packet of mini postcards of IOA (actually not postcards, more like trading cards, but the pics on front looked like postcards)
There was also the keepsake plastic cup with straw for their free drink along with a bookmark and of course the Grade A wristband.

I think it is a wonderful program and the kids really felt like bigshots!

Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter