Recent Radisson Guests

M

magic cruiser

Can someone give me an updated report of the Radisson ? I'm hoping with the recent addition of Ron Jon's, that the Radisson is on their "best behavior". We've stayed there 4 times and have enjoyed it,esp the pool and the shuttle service to the ship. However, the last time we were there we had ants in our room and I just felt it wasn't clean. I'd love to stay at Ron Jon's but there are several families going together and I don't want to cause any confusion by switching.Also, I'm afraid the kids will have such a great time at the new RJ's that they won't want to leave early for the ship ! Hoping for the best at thr Radisson, but please be honest ! Thanks !:scratchin

Our room at the Radisson in Januarywas okay. It was a lot cleaner than in June 03, but still not the cleanest place that I've stayed. Ron Jon's wasn't open yet in January, so maybe now that they have some competition, they'll be on their best behaviour.

We stayed there in late April for the first time. The kids loved the great pool and the grounds are quite nice. The room was clean but certainly not luxurious. It was small and the furniture was a bit battered. The food was average. The hotel served its purpose (i.e., a night's lodging before the cruise close to the port), but I would not want to stay there much longer.

We were there this past March. The room was very clean, we had no problems at all.

Are there laundry facilities at the Radisson? We've booked at the Radisson for the night before our cruise too and I was hoping to wash some clothes between our visit to WDW and the cruise!

Also, how does the shuttle to the port work? Do you have to sign up in advance? Or do you just show up at a designated spot and get on the shuttle?

Thanks!

Also,

I would call and reserve it. We did not do so and all the early times were taken by the time we checked in. We took a taxi instead, which was no problem but obviously was not free.

You might check the Radisson web site re: laundry. I would guess they do have facilities but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the reply, Clam Catcher! I checked the website as you suggested and they do have laundry facilities (phew!).

And I will definitely call the Radisson and book the shuttle! I would have hated to arrive there and find that the early times were all booked!

Thanks again for the info!

We stayed there April 17th and the place was very clean. We took the 11:30 shuttle with no problems. I dropped the rental car at Budget and walked back to the hotel to meet my family in about 5 minutes.

::MickeyMo Thanks, everyone for your reports !

Lynda : When I called the Radisson to sign up for the shuttle
( 11 in our group ), they said the only way I could sign
up before checking in was to be on the "cruise pkg".
It was $10 or $15 more, I can't remember. It includes
bkf and parking at the hotel while you're on the cruise.
I didn't need the parking but thought it was worth the
extra money to get us all on the early shuttle plus we
get a full BKF.....Not everyone in our group had to be on the "cruise pkg" in order to get res for the early ( 10:30am)
shuttle...just one room.::MinnieMo

Magic cruiser, We're staying at the Radisson before our cruise, but I'd like to take a look at Ron Jon's. Do they have a web site?:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter