Recent Experience for Lunch at BOG?

cinderella'smommy

Mouseketeer
Hello! We will be in the Magic Kingdom this Friday ( :hyper:); and want to have lunch at BOG. I am just wondering if anyone has been there now that the Christmas crowds have died down some; and can tell me how the lines are currently? I am kind of expecting the whole experience to take about an hour--it seems like from what I have read that the longest waits have been about 45 minutes.

TIA!

I'm curious to know what the lunchtime wait is now as well! We're going in a few days so I'll report back!!!

and the wait was around 45 minutes to order our food. Once we ordered, the process was pretty quick. There is a tremendous amount of seating in the three dining rooms so the real hang-up is getting through the ordering process. We all enjoyed our meals tremendously!

What time do they open for lunch? Is it worth getting there right before they open if you want to have lunch here?

This isn't recent, but perhaps it will help put your mind at ease. We went to BOG for lunch during Thanksgiving week, yes...the week it opened. Our wait, even with those HUGE crowds, was not bad at all. We ended up waiting about 25-30 minutes, most of those outside and we entertained ourselves by taking pictures and talking to the CMs. Once we were inside, our wait was very short. I think that the key is getting there early.

Once we ordered our food, we barely had time to sit down before it arrived.

What a lovely experience! Before we went, I was not excited *at all* about the menu and was kinda "eh" about the theming, but this ended up being my absolute favorite CS in WDW. My entire family agrees! I hope the wait for you is not too long.

I'm not sure on the time they open but we got in line at 10:40am and the wait was already up to 45 minutes at that point. I have had other friends say that they got in around 10:00am. If you want to have lunch around a 'normal' time, I would suggest getting in line by 10:30.

I ate at Be Our Guest for lunch today. I got in the line at 10:55. I was at the very end of the bridge. At 11:12 I walked through the door of the building. At 11:19 I received my 'magic rose' GPS device and was directed to a cashier to order my food. If you were paying with a credit card or the dining plan you were directed to a kiosk, but for cash, directed to a live cashier. At 11:22 my food was ordered and I went to find a table. The restaurant was fairly crowded but I found a nice table in the quieter room with the rotating statue of Belle and the Beast dancing. All three rooms were open, but the West Wing was waayy too dark and creepy and the main ballroom was just too noisy. By the time I found a table and got my silverware and beverage my food was being wheeled to my table. My food was on the table, piping hot at 11:27.

I ordered the braised pork and the chocolate cream puff. The pork was served with mashed potatoes and green beans and was heavenly! The cream puff was good, but the pastry was a bit on the tough side. I probably would try a different dessert next time.

I will definitely be dining here again.

Linda

Thanks for the information, everyone! Sounds very doable. I just hope my DH doesn't have a heart attack when he sees the line!

:goodvibes

I ate at Be Our Guest for lunch today. I got in the line at 10:55. I was at the very end of the bridge. At 11:12 I walked through the door of the building. At 11:19 I received my 'magic rose' GPS device and was directed to a cashier to order my food. If you were paying with a credit card or the dining plan you were directed to a kiosk, but for cash, directed to a live cashier. At 11:22 my food was ordered and I went to find a table. The restaurant was fairly crowded but I found a nice table in the quieter room with the rotating statue of Belle and the Beast dancing. All three rooms were open, but the West Wing was waayy too dark and creepy and the main ballroom was just too noisy. By the time I found a table and got my silverware and beverage my food was being wheeled to my table. My food was on the table, piping hot at 11:27.

I ordered the braised pork and the chocolate cream puff. The pork was served with mashed potatoes and green beans and was heavenly! The cream puff was good, but the pastry was a bit on the tough side. I probably would try a different dessert next time.

I will definitely be dining here again.

Linda
We had a great meal too. But DS had the same complaint about his cream puff. It should have been crispier.

If we can get in for lunch I definitely want the West Wing. Dark and creepy suits us! (Two older adults, romantic but slightly morbid senses of humor!)

Katie

Thanks to the poster and people who responded here! We leave for Disney a week from tomorrow and I would REALLY like to try to sneak over to BOG for lunch. We have seen some of the new Fantasyland stuff already (just took a trip in November) but none of the shops or restaurants so I'd like to focus on that for this upcoming short trip.

I'll definitely report back myself on our wait and food if we can make it happen! :)

I was there Saturday for lunch. We got in line about 11 (line was all the way over the bridge) and we were done with our meal and on our way out by noon. (And that included some time just sitting at our table talking and enjoying the atmosphere.) I'm glad we took the time, and if you look at it as a table service meal rather than a counter service the wait doesn't seem bad at all.

I was at BOG Jan 2nd and the park was absolutely swamped. They were telling people 45 min. but it ended up only being about 25 min before I ordered. The tables were fairly full and I needed to wait for them to finish cleaning a table up. It took a little while for them to bring the food. I don't know if this is normal or only because it was busy but they had a CM at each of the kiosks as well as the cash registers helping people move through the ordering process quickly.

We were at disney jan 3- jan10. Ate at BOG on the 4th and the 9th. We waited about 25-30 minutes both times and we got in line about 12:15ish. The line moves quickly & waiting on the bridge gives you a beautiful view of the beast's castle!

We had the pork and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake-both were delicious! The atmosphere & attention to detail in the restaurant are amazing!

Definitely my favorite QS lunch in wdw!!!!!

Thanks so much for all the informative responses! I am greatly relieved, because it seems like the lesson here is "Don't be intimidated by a long line at the Beast's Castle!" That's pretty much what I was wanting to know.

I will report back after our visit on how it went for us--

Thanks so much for all the informative responses! I am greatly relieved, because it seems like the lesson here is "Don't be intimidated by a long line at the Beast's Castle!" That's pretty much what I was wanting to know.

I will report back after our visit on how it went for us--

Hope that you have a GREAT experience! Safe travels.

Hello! We will be in the Magic Kingdom this Friday ( :hyper:); and want to have lunch at BOG. I am just wondering if anyone has been there now that the Christmas crowds have died down some; and can tell me how the lines are currently? I am kind of expecting the whole experience to take about an hour--it seems like from what I have read that the longest waits have been about 45 minutes.

TIA!

I'll be there on Friday, too! And as you can see, I am also from Illinois. Maybe I'll see you there!

I'm planning on getting in line at 10:20 or so. And I don't care how long the line is, it's my birthday trip and I AM eating there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter