Recall on Disney DVD Player Battery

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by GoofyforDisney3, Apr 17, 2006.

1. GoofyforDisney3

GoofyforDisney3 DIS Veteran

I know that many of us bought these DVD players when Target had them on clearance last fall. I found out one Mouseplanet this morning that they are being recalled because the rechargeable battery could possibly catch fire while charging. Here is a link on how to get a replacement battery pack:

http://disney.memorexelectronics.com/recall.php

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SpoonfulofSugar

SpoonfulofSugar DIS Veteran

Thanks for the infomation. I was so disappointed with this dvd player because the battery only last for about 1 hour when the box said it should last about 3. So I hope the new battery charge is safer, better and last longer.

4. thelionqueen

thelionqueen DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The Tag Fairy thr

Thanks so much for the post!! I got mine last fall on clearance @ Target, and would have never known about the recall. Thanks again!

To PP, you need to charge and recharge your battery at first to get it "juiced" up. The more you run it and recharge it, the longer the battery will last. I did not know this either, and my battery only lasted about 40mins at first. We would then let it run (not watch it) and let the battery completely run out, then recharge. We did this about 3-4 times, now our battery lasts over 3 hours, sometimes 3.5 hours.

Just a heads up, thanks!

5. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

well just ordered my two replacements. Anyone notice that the same models have the same serial numbers.? One of mine had the suffix A and one didn't. I hope it's not a problem to get two replacement batteries to one house. I own 2, I better get two!

6. mommyoftwinfants

mommyoftwinfants DIS Veteran

Can I ask how much they were on clearance at Target.. I just got mine off of ebay and paid 60.00

7. kleubanks

kleubanks Mouseketeer

I paid 32.00 for mine.