Rebooking ONboard a PREVIOUSLY book cruise?

dharma517

Mouseketeer
DH and i are considering a Sep 04 cruise and we are already booked for a Sep 05 cruise with 2 cat 4 staterooms thru DU...we got the rebate of like $75 with each room. What happens if while on our Sep 04 cruise we want to rebook those rooms for 10% off each room and $200 stateroom credit for each room? Is this allowed? Do we have to cancel before we get on the ship because I would hate to lose our rooms that are adjoining? And if we are allowed will they consider the lower DH price as the starting point? Thanks!
Jennprincess:

Hi, We did exactly that. We rebooked a prviously booked cruise when we were on board and received the 10 percent discount plus the $200.00 onboard credit. We kept our original room too.
Our original cruise was booked through DU. Very nice, for about 10 minutes worth of waiting we got about $500.00 back all total!!:Pinkbounc

As long as you are at least 60 days out, they will cancel and re-book it at the same sitting...allowing you to keep the rooms and get the better deal.

We did this too through DU. Once we got back from the cruise our DU TA took care of everything! We got our room with 10% and the $200 onboard credit.

The only thing was that when you book onboard you have to put down the deposit again. I was refunded the amount that went over my cruise (it was already paid off) by DU once everything was transferred.

DJ

We tried to do that but no luck working with Donna on the ship.

We cruised the western in March 03 and rebooked 3 rooms while on board. (2 for our family and 1 for my cousin) My DH's parents (was their first cruise) was with us. Dh and I new right away we wanted to cruise the Eastern for our March 04 spring break. We ask dh's parents over and over while on board if they would like to go with us in 04 and they just weren't sure. So we booked just the 3 rooms.
As soon as we got off the ship and before we even got to the airport they decided they would like to go agan.

SO as soon as we got home we called and added another room for them. There was no way that DCL would give us the $200 stateroom credit and we said okay.

Well Dh & I decided to take a short 3 day for our anniversary in October 03 and while on the ship we asked if we could cancel and rebook dh's parents room so that they could get the stateroom credit. Donna told us no way cause the price had went up over $500 for their stateroom and we would have to pay the new price to get the credit:(

We already felt bad cause they wouldn't let us add their room to our reservation less then 48 hours after we got off the ship. But DCL has rules and we understood. BUT to not let us rebook the room and get the credit on a room that we already had didn't seem right.
Glad it worked for some of you. Not sure it doesn't work for others.:confused:

Sounds like she would have let you 'rebook' the room, but when you rebook you do pay the current price. What you are doing when you 'rebook' is booking a new room and then canceling the old one (when the old one is canceled the room number is put onhold until the TA can then assign the newly open room to the newly booked reservation).

So when we 'rebooked' onboard, we were given a new room number and then when we got home our TA took care of canceling the old reservation and getting our room assigned the new reservastion.

If the price had gone up on that catagory, we would have had to pay more for it too. It hadn't gone up at that time (we sail in September, and those prices don't change that much because it is an off season time).

So what I am trying to say is that she didn't say 'no' to you. She would have done what she did for us, it is just our room prices didn't go up so it was worth it to us to go through the process. She was pointing out to you that if you did this, you would be paying more than you would be saving by making the new reservation.

I had a friend that also tried to book after sailing with no luck. They are VERY firm about this. The first year we sailed, they gave us 30 days to book with the onboard credit deal, but now they want you to do it before you leave. I wish they would go back to the 30 days thing so you don't have to use valuable onboard time to book your next cruise.

Oh well...
:rolleyes:

DJ

Got It!:D

Understand.

On our first cruise a fews years back they had the 30 day window for rebooking. I wish they would bring that back. It takes some people a few days for the whole trip to sink in. Like in the case with my DH parent's. Only for them it was walking off the ship when the wanted to turn around and get back on.:D

We all sail soon and credit or not we will have fun.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I can rebook the rooms directly onboard...the same exact rooms and will not have any problems unless the room is not the same price as it was when I booked it originally?? (it is in September so I don't think it will be a problem AND we are rebooking it 1 year in advance even then). For example...we have 2 cat 4 rooms...on is $2860 - the DU rebate of $75 which makes it $2785 and the other was $2279 minus the DU rebate of $75 which makes it $2204. As long as the base price is still the same will they take the 10% off the price with the DU rebate? And I can book both rooms in my name and still get the discount and stateroom credit for each room? Will they just move my deposit money over or do I have to shell out the deposit again and then have it refunded? I will then transfer it to DU again. How does that all work? Sorry...but I feel like I have more questions now! lol
Jennprincess:

Jenn.....

Wait just a minute here. DCL will re-book the room(s) for you at the then current rate less 10%, AND give a $200 per stateroom credit. Period. Total. That's all you're going to get from DCL. NOT 10% off the DCL rate minus the DU discount. 10% off the $2860 and $2279 IF the rooms are still the same rate. They could have gone up or down by the time you sail again.

THEN, after you get home, you "transfer" your reservation to DU or any other agency you choose. That agency can then give you any discount or rebate that THEY are giving (which is coming off their commission, not coming from DCL). IF you booked the cruise you are sailing on thru an agency and want to use the same agency, Donna can give them the booking directly while you are on board. All you have to do to "transfer" your reservation is to contact the TA telling them that you wish to transfer the reservation to them. They will take your reservation number, name, etc. and do the leg work for the transfer.

You can only get one "deal" thru DCL. However, you CAN get a deal thru DCL AND a deal thru a TA.

You will have to pay the deposit again and get it refunded....since you must put a deposit on the new reservation and then cancel the old one, then change the rooms from the cancelled reservation to the new one. It is a complicated process, but that's how it works.

Make sense?
Kathryn

for that detailed response!! So I currently have the reservation thru DU. I will make a new one with Donna (or whoever) and let her know I have it currently with DU? She will then contact DU and do that legwork for the transfer or do I contact DU after I get home? You said that Donna gives them the booking directly...does that means she calls them while I am standing there and I talk to them? Since I originally had it with them anyway...sorry...why am I so confused? lol I understand now however that I will have to shell out the cash again...how long does it take til I get the original refund from DU? Wish there was some way they could apply my original deposit...since it is $1000! But I guess I could charge it to my CC and then it would get refunded hopefully the same billing cycle? lol
Oh BOY!
Jennprincess:

Jenn

Is the $75. you are talking about from DU a discount or an onboard credit. These are different and will be handled differently if you change to a deal from DCL while onboard.

DCL will only allow 1 onboard credit per room - so if the DCL $200 credit is applied any onboard credit from DU would not be able to be applied.

But - any discount DU would be giving you could still apply to the reservation - but that is between DU and you - DCL has nothing to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter