Rebook on the boat

kkelly32

Earning My Ears
I hear alot of people say they rebook their cruise on the ship and got a lower rate. What does that mean? And how do you do that?

If you rebook onboard, you generally get 10% off plus and OBC ($200 for 7 night cruise). Since you can easily change or cancel your reservation, many folks will go ahead and rebook one or two cruises while on the ship, and then move their dates once the plans are met.

I believe the reservation desk for re-booking is on deck four (to the side above the atrium). There will be information in your navigator as to when the person is available to make reservations for future cruises. On your second to the last night you will receive a brochure with information on future sailings. I hope this helps!

If you do decide to rebook onboard don't wait until the last evening as the line to rebook can be very long.

MJ

If you rebook onboard, you generally get 10% off plus and OBC ($200 for 7 night cruise). Since you can easily change or cancel your reservation, many folks will go ahead and rebook one or two cruises while on the ship, and then move their dates once the plans are met.

The 10% discount only applies to cabin categories 4 - 11. Categories 1, 2, 3 and 12 do get the OBC, just no discount.

This may be a stupid question - but what if you have a reservation booked -say when rates first are released - can you do anything on board with an existing reservation for the OBC?

This may be a stupid question - but what if you have a reservation booked -say when rates first are released - can you do anything on board with an existing reservation for the OBC?

You can check the price of your current reservation. If the price is the same, you can rebook while on board and get all the benefits. If the rate has gone up, you have to decide whether it is worthwhile to do this (usually not.....)
I was told that we'd have to book while on board and then cancel our existing reservation, but that ended up not being true. The booking agent on the ship was able to e-mail my TA at home. The TA at home agreed to "release" the deposit, and it was rolled over to the new reservation (which went to the same TA).

In all fairness, the TA knew when I booked that I intended to rebook while on board if the price hadn't changed.

Do your TA research in advance as DCL has now reduced the commission paid for transferred ressies except those transferred while on board (supposedly due to certain TAs going after transfers when they couldn't generate new bookings)--so if you want your TA to be able to give you the full OBC you need to name them when you book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!