Rebook on board - need more staff/hours

ktjl92

Mouseketeer
I wish they had a second staffer for the rebooking desk. It seems there's always a line. I know I can (and have) filled out a form and have it dropped at my room -but that's not an alternative when you have a bunch of questions.

I found it hit and miss on our trip. During the first part, there were times I walked by and she was just sitting there. During the latter part of the cruise, there were often a number of families waiting, some of whom ended up having to leave. It would seem to make sense to perhaps provide an additional person on the last night of the cruise. Not sure if its cost effective though, unless they were able to cross train someone who had other duties.

I normally re-book early on in the cruise -- if I know she/he is going to be there at 1:30, I go sit in the chair at 1:25 -- haven't run into anyone else waiting . . .

I can't remember her name, but she is really nice and is good at remembering us repeat cruisers!

The secret is to get to them early in the cruise. If you get on the ship knowing you want to rebook while onboard, then stop by there the first day or two. That's worked well for us our last few cruises.

I agree they need a second person. I think they need someone to do the walk ups like there is now and someone you can make an appointment with (great for those who do not want to play the hit or miss game) and its good for those who are pricing a lot of options and have a lot of questions.

As above, the lines happen toward the end. Early on, you can drop off the form, or if you have questions, call the number listed and leave a voice message. Never had to wait in the first 1/2 of a cruise!

The problem is that she's not busy till the end, so it's not practical to have 2 people, computers, etc, available the whole cruise. Leslie and Jocelyn are both great. Tracey is new, but she's getting there....

We also had problems with this on our 3-day cruise in October. I tried the booking early in the cruise suggestion above and the rep had NO hours on the first day of the cruise. It came down to the last evening of the cruise after I had requested quotes from her and they came back higher than pricing I had taken with me. After waiting over 24 hours for a response from the rep on pricing, we had to wait it out on the last night of the cruise for over almost 2 hours. My husband and I had to rotate each other out to get packed and get the luggage outside the door. This is not at all what I wanted to be doing on the last night of the cruise. I was so unhappy with the process that I sent a letter to Disney Cruise Line at my travel agent's urging upon our return. I got the standard reply that they will take my feedback into consideration. This does not sound like this has gotten any better in the 4 months since our experience. I think 2 reps are needed on the 3 and 4-day cruises for sure!!!

I always go to the desk on day 1 or 2 of the cruise (we have only done 7-day cruises), and I get to the cruise desk about 5 - 10 minutes before she opens, so I'm first in line. This last cruise we did (1/30 eastern Magic sailing), I waited for 5 minutes before her desk opened (as soon as she arrived to her desk before she "opened" I just went up to her to let her know I'm waiting for her, so that way if someone else came up right when she opened, she would know I was there first), and I was the first person she was able to help after she opened, and I was done in less than 5 minutes.

And, I was glad I told her I was waiting when she was opening, because sure enough, as soon as she sat down at her desk and was officially opened, another person just went and sat down at her desk not realizing I had been waiting, and the travel agent very nicely told that person that I had been there first. The person was totally understanding, so there was no issue at all, but if i had not told her I had been waiting, she might have helped that other person first.

I think the trick is to book on day 1 or 2 of the cruise, and figure out her desk hours, and just get there before her desk opens and wait.... I did notice by day 5, 6, and even the morning we docked at Port Canaveral there were a lot of people in line all day long when her desk was open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!