Rebel Hangar Lounge Report (with reviews of 12 menu items, pics of all 12 centerpieces & CHEWIE!)

tigger1972

Mouseketeer
Just back from SWW with DH and DS. The Rebel Hangar Lounge was our very last Disney experience before catching our plane home, and what an experience it was! What follows are detailed pics of every centerpiece, every poster, every display, each page of the menu and pics and short reviews of nearly every menu item (food-wise we ordered everything except the Lightsaber Bites).

P1110277.jpg

The Centerpieces

First off, our ADR was at opening which was 4pm Monday, May 19th. Because we were one of the first parties seated, essentially every table was unoccupied. So DH gleefully took the time to take pictures of every table's centerpiece. I'll be honest in confessing that DH and DS helped me out in identifying who all these characters and ships are. Each centerpiece was attached to its respective table. A CM told us they did that so that the centerpieces would not start "walking out of the building".

P1110280.jpg

Here's our table with a Rebel Snowspeeder.

3.jpg

The Millenium Falcon.

4.jpg

An AT-ST.

5.jpg

The dreaded AT-AT.

6.jpg

A Tie Fighter Pilot.

7.jpg

Our favorite scoundrel, Han Solo.

8.jpg

Red 5 himself, Luke Skywalker.

9.jpg

That lovable astromech droid, R2-D2.

10.jpg

Arguably the most feared bounty hunter in all the galaxy, Boba Fett.

11.jpg

Kanan!!! (DH and DS freaked out when they saw him.)

12.jpg

A Jedi Starfighter.

13.jpg

The Droid Tri-Fighter (DS had to help us out in identifying this one.)

Last edited:
Rebel Displays, Posters and Gear

We placed the first part of our order (which will be discussed in the last section below). DH and DS were still totally freaking out about all of Star Wars "all around them", so they got back up and starting taking more pictures, this time of literally every corner of the restaurant (Again thanks to DH and DS for helping me identify everything). We were still so lucky that the place was still nearly empty, so thankfully DH snapped all of these pics with nary a disturbance in The Force.

14.jpg

The tables across from us, with some pretty inconsiderate (if you're Imperial) Rebel graffiti.

15.jpg

Some Rebel gear, we assume transported over from Endor.

16.jpg

Rebel Snack Bar.

17.jpg

Some more Endor gear.

18.jpg

A Mandalorian helmet and packs.

19.jpg

A Tie Fighter Wing. So cool!!!

20.jpg

A couple more defaced Rebel trophies.

21.jpg

Those poor Mandalorians (and Jango).

22.jpg

DH told me that DS totally busted out laughing when he saw this display.

23.jpg

Some more Rebel keepsakes and trophies.

24.jpg

I did begin to wonder if DH and DS were ever coming back to their seats about now.

25.jpg

Some cool Star Wars Rebels-themed stuff.

26.jpg

A little Imperial propaganda (why is this one not defaced?)

28.jpg

Alright, that's more like it!

29.jpg

A little Rebel Alliance dry cleaning.

27.jpg

Finally DH and DS made it back to the table. DS screamed "Ghost!!!" when he saw this design right before sitting back down for a nice Rebel meal.

Last edited:
Surprise!! It's Chewie!!

Before our first round of food came, my jaw literally dropped as I saw a welcome visitor saunter by our table. DS and DH had not seen him quite yet, but their heads whipped around just as I exclaimed, "Oh my goodness! It's Chewbacca!!" We were all understandably beyond excited as we patiently waited for him to get to us.

Every table Chewie visited -- a few more parties had been seated around us by now -- we heard the exact same thing: "Oh my Gosh! It's Chewie!!" We did the VIP Tour the day before, so we had not had the time to meet Chewie then. What an awesome surprise indeed to meet Chewie today!!

30.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen DS so happy to meet a character in Disney World in his life!

31.jpg

Next up, a couple of Jawas appeared. I know I sound like a broken record, but DH and DS were just overjoyed by this point. When DH told DS to check his pockets as they were leaving, one of the Jawas seemed to take great offense at this snide remark and starting scolding DH and demanding he resume eating. Hilarious!

33.jpg

Next up, a couple of Storm Troopers strolled into the place. They were both so cool and suave. They actually reminded me a little of Boba Fett; not the business-like and uptight Boba Fett of Episode V, but rather more like the debonair Boba Fett we see in Jabba's Palace in Episode VI.

32.jpg

Finally a Bith pilot came into the lounge, a being the same race as Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes, the band in the Cantina in Mos Eisley. The Bith seemed especially excited when DH said, "You're a Bith pilot aren't you?"

We heard that Greedo came by a little after we left, but we were all so jazzed about everyone we did get to meet in our experience in the Rebel Hangar Lounge. Next up we'll get to the meat of it all, the menu and our food!

Last edited:
Menu Pics and Reviews

Alright, here we go. On to arguably the most important part: The Food! We ordered every food item on the menu except for the Lightsaber Bites. Here's a few pics of the menu:

34.jpg

37.jpg

36.jpg

35.jpg

First of all, let me say that our waitress and waitstaff were among the most courteous, friendly and enthusiastic CMs we have ever encountered. Everyone there seemed to be big Star Wars fans as well. Our waitress in particular said she had no prior knowledge of which characters would be arriving, so she was equally as enthusiastic as we were when Chewie appeared. In her words, every day at the Hangar is "random" when it comes the characters.

All of the CMs seemed determined to make sure our experience was the best it could be, answering any and all questions we had. One of our first questions was regarding TiW. Our waitress confirmed that TiW is not accepted because this was a "Popup" Disney experience. Also, whenever a character opportunity arose, a CM was always there to quickly and happily grab our camera to take pictures.

I don't mean to bore anyone, so on to the menu items:

P1110328.jpg

First off, what's a Rebel Hangar Lounge without beverages? On the upper left we have the non-alcoholic Odwalla Pomegranate Limeade with a Falcon glow cube for DS. He loved it, and even got a refill free of charge!

Next to that is a Diet Coke (DH always orders a diet soda with his alcohol, don't ask me why!). On the upper right is my Tatooine Sunset with Death Star glow cube. I was in the mood for something coconutty and sweet, and this drink really fit the bill. Just enough alcohol made it very refreshing indeed.

Finally on the bottom right is DH's Dagobah Swamp Juice, I assume with Luke's water-logged X-Wing glow cube. DH loves any drink with sour mix, and he downed this one faster than Luke's X-Wing could sink into such a "slimy mud hole". He highly recommends it!

P1110354.jpg

Here we have the first and cheapest food item on the menu, Pilot's Pommes Frites, french fries with a little Chewie theme. I must say these are among the best french fries we have had in Disney. Just the right combination of salt and pepper seasonings, and EVERY fry was nice and crispy while not being greasy (No Droopies!!). The garlic sauce was good, but I still prefer ketchup. Highly recommended!

P1110356.jpg

Ensalada Naboo. Oh my gosh, this salad was so good! I'm kind of going out of order in how we ordered stuff -- just listing things in the order they are listed on the menu -- so I was actually getting kind of full at this point in our meal. But let me put it this way: DS does not normally like salad, but he nearly finished this after I had had my fill. Again, Highly Recommended if you are in to some healthy eats for a change!

P1110355.jpg

The Dark Fried (chicken and waffles).

P1110360.jpg

A Vader waffle DS filled with syrup. I did not try this dish, but DS loved it! He said the chicken tenders were among the best he has ever had. As for the waffles, DS described them as "Mickey Waffles shaped like Darth Vader". He scarfed them all down, so I can only assume they are Highly Recommended for kids.

P1110332.jpg

Chips and Sith. Believe it or not, DH and DS agree with me that this was our favorite thing on the menu. DH gobbled down Darth Maul's horns (Bugles) and we wound up eventually finishing the entire thing. DS especially had fun "defeating Darth Maul". If you're not in to hummus, you may not care for it, but we all loved it!

P1110333.jpg

Trio of Thermal Detonators. But the time this came out -- we quite obviously ordered in stages -- DS and I were getting a little too full. DH polished these off himself and really enjoyed them (they are "pork wings"). He said that they were very tender and tasty and the cole slow was perfectly mild enough to counter some of the spiciness. Recommended by DH!

P1110330.jpg

The Sith and the Jedi. These beef and chicken barbecue sliders were delicious and tender (absolutely no grizzily bits). The beef barbecue was a little more robust than the chicken, just the way DS likes it. DH commented that the barbecue chips were "amazing". Highly recommended!

P1110329.jpg

Ilum Fruit and Cheese Sabers. DS demolished this offering off nearly singlehandedly. He ate nearly all of the fruit and loved the cheese. Our waitress said the raspberry skewer was the Sith saber and the blueberry skewer was, you guessed it... the Jedi saber. A delightfully fresh choice if you are the fruit and cheese type.

At this point in our meal, DS said, "What HAVEN'T we ordered yet?" which got lots of laughs from our waitress and waitstaff. We decided to end off with one of each of the desserts because... Why Not?

P1110365.jpg

Yoda Key Lime Cake. I know to this point it seems like we all have just adored everything on the menu, but we all agreed that this Yoda cake was our least favorite. DH and I love key lime pie, but this cake was just not tangy enough. That key lime flavor has to be the right proportions of sweet and tangy, and Disney did not get this one quite right. Loved the blueberries on the side, though.

P1110363.jpg

Trio of Star Wars Mini Cupcakes. DS and I were too full to eat another bite at this stage. DH somehow got all three of these down and really enjoyed them. He said it was the perfect portion size if your tummy was just reaching capacity. If this was the only thing you ordered, you probably would be left a little unsatisfied. By hey... they do say Mini Cupcakes, so I guess there's not much room for complaints.

So that's it! We all agreed that our stay at the Rebel Hangar Lounge was the perfect way to end off our SWW trip. We enjoyed the Star Wars-themed offerings and loved meeting the characters. Also, we really connected with the CMs, who always seemed eager to please.

Lastly, one CM who seemed especially chatty hinted that next year we may see something a little different; perhaps an Imperial-themed lounge? Here's hoping!

Thanks for making it this far. And May The Force Be With You!

Last edited:

Thank you for the detailed review! I made an ADR when I found one available for June 2, but was considering canceling it. But the positive reviews and chance of Chewie have me leaning toward keeping it. DH is the SW fan in our house, but I think my girls and I will enjoy RH as well.

Love this review!! I plan to show my husband later, and our plan for next year's SWW will probably be set in stone, lol!!

Great review! We are stopping in for drinks and maybe a small bite to hold us over till a late Jedi Mickey dinner! Your review makes me really excited I caved and made the reservation!

Great review! I do have a question regarding the mini cupcakes. Do you get to keep the Han container?

Thanks for the great review. Question--I've heard conflicting reports. Were you able to keep the Han Solo Popcorn Bucket?

Thanks, Everyone! Yes, we were able to keep the Han Solo bucket. It actually served as a great carry-on for our pins, magic bands and DS's JTA certificate for the plane ride home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!