Rebecca & Allen/ Sept. 6, 2010/WP/Fantasmic DP/TOTS

Rebclay

I found my prince!!!
I'm Engaged!!! Now that everything is official, I feel like I can actually start planning...so here we go.

Name: Rebecca
Wishes/Couture or Escape: Wishes
Location of Wedding/Vow Renewal: It's up in the air at this point but right now it looks like the wedding pavilion in the morning, a brunch at Epcot, and a dessert party at lower UK.
Date: September 6, 2010

How we met:
Allen and I met at a game night that a mutual friend of ours invited us to. He said he was going to the beach the next day and invited me along. I thought we were going as a group because several of their friends said they would meet us there. Boy was I wrong. Come to find out it is a date when we are the only ones there... I found out after the fact that our mutual friend had basically set us up without me knowing it. I'm glad he did. :rotfl:

l_8d1e4efb7598c59b0e89b9aad85c6fd7.jpg

This was Allen's first trip to Disney... and the first of many to come. He loved it (otherwise I don't think we would be getting married there).

Engagement:
We just got engaged on Monday April 6, 2009 (exactly 17 months before the wedding). We had gone to the ring store on our two year anniversary (March 31) to make sure they still had the ring I picked out. He decided to go ahead and put a down payment on the ring. They ordered my ring and sunday night allen tells me he is going to be late coming home from work monday. Well that sure made it difficult to figure out what he was going to do. He got home and asked me repeatedly "You want it now?" I told him I can wait or he can give it to me now. He asked me to get something out of the room and when i come back he looks guilty. I looked over at my nightstand and turn to him. He asked me "Will you make me the happiest man on Earth at the happiest place on Earth?" It was perfect, very him. :love:

100B1420-1.jpg

Here is my engagement ring.

Theme: Beauty and the Beast
How Many Guests: I honestly can't tell at this point, I think 50-75. Which has made picking locations extremely difficult.
No planner or coordinator yet but i'm working with Bill as my sales representative.
Rehearsal Dinner: Possibly a Fantasmic dessert party.
Farewell Get-Together: Don't know yet
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party: Probably drinking around the world
Officiant: Rabbi Lefkowitz
Photography: DPS
Video: DPS
Floral: Disney
Honeymoon Plans: 3 or 4 day Disney Cruise depending on how many days we can get off of work.

That's all I got for now, but there's lots more to come, so stay tuned!

CONGRATS ON BEING ENGAGED!!!! Your ring is so pretty! YAY I love Bill he's great. Didn't you want the beauty and the beast venue before? Is everyone coming? Anyhoo I am so glad you finally started a PJ. The wedding pavillion is soo pretty! I can't wait to hear more about your theme.

CONGRATS ON BEING ENGAGED!!!! Your ring is so pretty! YAY I love Bill he's great. Didn't you want the beauty and the beast venue before? Is everyone coming? Anyhoo I am so glad you finally started a PJ. The wedding pavillion is soo pretty! I can't wait to hear more about your theme.
Yes, but it seems that it will be out of our budget. :sad1: If somehow we do come up with extra funds, I would love to have the ceremony there. I'm praying my grandpa decides to chip in some money here and there but i'm not counting on it.

Congratulations!!!!!! Your ring is amazing! Can't wait to read about all your plans.
Thank you, I love it.

Truthfully I really like the wedding pavillion - its so pretty. I can't wait to hear what you decide on for a reception site!

Choosing the reception location has become a thorn in my side. I'm not sure how many people i'm going to have and we could be above 50 or right at 50 which completely changes my reception options.

I really don't want a ballroom. If the group is under 50, ideally I would choose either the whitehall room or the american adventure parlor. I love the airy feel of the white hall room but don't know if my group is small enough. And the AAP is perfect for my Beauty and the Beast theme (I love this location :love: :love: :love:).

If it's over 50, i'm thinking the Atlantic dance hall but my df doesn't like the big stage area. My next choice would be LSS, but only because of the time of day and the number of people it can hold. I work at an aquarium and don't really care to have "my work" with me at my wedding.

UGGGHHH!!!
I wish i could send out invites now just to get a tentative number.

If anybody has any advice, i would love any help you guys can give. :)

1st off congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

Yay for a DFTW! I agree with your comment about it being hard to pick a venue. I had a tough time choosing mine, but my WC Stacey really helped narrow the choices down for us. We are using ADH because we are having about 150-180 people:scared1:... not my choice but oh well! But the other place I loved was the American Adventure as well! Such a bright airy space and I saw a disney special where a girl had her quincenera there and it was lovely.

Wherever you choose it will be amazing though! Good luck and let us know if you need any help:goodvibes

1st off congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

Yay for a DFTW! I agree with your comment about it being hard to pick a venue. I had a tough time choosing mine, but my WC Stacey really helped narrow the choices down for us. We are using ADH because we are having about 150-180 people:scared1:... not my choice but oh well! But the other place I loved was the American Adventure as well! Such a bright airy space and I saw a disney special where a girl had her quincenera there and it was lovely.

Wherever you choose it will be amazing though! Good luck and let us know if you need any help:goodvibes

Thanks Sam. BTW, I love your engagement pics. You and your df are too cute together.

I got to visit my mom the other day (she is paying for the wedding). I showed her the different options of what I want.... Well, I showed her my ideal sites for the ceremony and reception. She said that we should be able to afford my dream wedding!!!!

Here are my two ideal situations:
Option 1
1) Ceremony at the WP
2) Cocktail hour at the top of the Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast theater)
3) Dinner reception on the stage at the TOTS

Down side: The only thing that makes this a questionable choice is the maximum guest count of 50 and price
Up side: It would be the most amazing and unique wedding ever!!

Option 2
1) Ceremony at the theather of the stars (on the stage)
2) Cocktail Hour at the second floor of the ADH
3) Brunch reception at ADH

Down side: I really want a dinner reception
Up side: I get as many people as I want and it's cheaper

BB.jpg

This will be me and my DF if we take option 2 (he won't be dressed as the beast though)

I'm so happy either way. I emailed my sales rep and i'm waiting on a response to whether or not we can squeeze an extra five people on the stage at the TOTS. If not, option 2 it is. If it is possible, option 1 it is.

My guest count problem is solved either way!! I can either have 55 and I already have that list of who gets invited, or i can have more than that with option two and there's no problem with my numbers. I went through and made a list with my mother of who would actually show up if invited and it's just immediate family from both of our familes.

I'm so excited and just wanted to shair with everyone.

Oh eithier option sounds amazing! I am an ADH bride and if you end up ther you will not be dissappointed, it is gorgeous inside! And I will give you a piece of advice based on what I have learned so far in this process... people love disney. We ended up with more people RSVP yes then we ever imagined! It was really kind of bizzarre, I thought we would have a nice small guests list lol!

Where is the TOTS? I am not familiar with that one? HS? :confused3

Oh eithier option sounds amazing! I am an ADH bride and if you end up ther you will not be dissappointed, it is gorgeous inside! And I will give you a piece of advice based on what I have learned so far in this process... people love disney. We ended up with more people RSVP yes then we ever imagined! It was really kind of bizzarre, I thought we would have a nice small guests list lol!

Where is the TOTS? I am not familiar with that one? HS? :confused3

It's the Theater of the Stars. The Beauty and the beast stage show.

It's the Theater of the Stars. The Beauty and the beast stage show.

ahhhh now I get it, I was a bit confused sorry bout that. Wow that would be such a cool venue! I haven't heard of many brides on here who have used that so it would def be very original and unique! Eithier way you will have an amazing wedding, I can't wait to hear what you pick:goodvibes

wow what a ring!! congrats!!

i hope to have a nov 2010 wedding so mine will follow your wedding!!

I just have to say you bring back lots of memories when you refer to TOTS...I used to work at GMR :)

I love your ideas. We were torn on location too beause Df wanted an evening reception. We finally decided on a brunch because it lets us have almost everything we want on a smaller budget. Do you have pictures of what a ceremony looks like at Tots???

wow what a ring!! congrats!!

i hope to have a nov 2010 wedding so mine will follow your wedding!!
Thanks. Congrats to you too!!

I just have to say you bring back lots of memories when you refer to TOTS...I used to work at GMR :)

I love your ideas. We were torn on location too beause Df wanted an evening reception. We finally decided on a brunch because it lets us have almost everything we want on a smaller budget. Do you have pictures of what a ceremony looks like at Tots???

That's awesome. One of my best friends works at the backlot tour, so we use allot of the lingo.

I can't figure out how to copy the picture they sent me. I think it's in a pdf format or something and it won't let me copy the pictures. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. For now, here is the event concept they sent me. Ignore the prices and stuff on there cause believe me, they are NOT accurate, lol.

http://www.disneymedialab.com/dvm/concepts/Theater_of_the_Stars_Dinner-EC$$$.pdf

Good start to your PJ!
:thumbsup2

Don't worry about guest count, and don't make the mistake I made:

I worried about the guest count and only invited as many people as I had seats. Of 55+ invited only 27 guests made it. I think Mindy Weiss (renowned wedding planner) says for a destination wedding you can count on 30% of people dropping out.

Anyway...can't wait to see more. :goodvibes

Ok, I swear I read and posted on here last night or the night before, but obviously I didn't. I'm losing my mind.

just wanted to say hi and congrats. Everything is sounding great so far... can't wait to hear more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter