Reassure me on LTT

miss_deville

Earning My Ears
I have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern in August, but several of the reviews are giving me second thoughts. Has anyone had a good experience there recently? Or should I try to change my ressie to Crystal Palace, where we had a great experience last October? I wanted to go to LTT because it is table service and not buffet and because I thought my DD, 5, and mom would like to meet Minnie and Mickey. What does everyone think? Thanks so much!

While it is table service it is family style - but all you can eat. When we went last year we didn't see Mickey - but saw Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Minnie. This was actually the only meal we were disappointed in - the meat was dry. Salad, mac-and-cheese, and cobbler were good.
We loved Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. You will see Mickey and Minnie at Chef Mickey. Food was outstanding and service was great.

Going back this year and we are trying Chef Mickey, Le Cellier, Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose, Crystal Palace, San Angel, and Concourse Steakhouse.

We have been to LTT before and loved it. I thin it is Minnie, goofey Pluto and Chip and Dale. I am pretty sure Mickey is not there. The food was very good exp this sirloin that cut in strips. We loved the food and wanted to go back in Sep but other things prevented that.

I think you will like it a lot.

I find cindy not worth 2 meals if you are on the plan.

If you want a princess go to Stroybook in EPCOT

We ate there in December '05 at MVMCP. We loved it all. It seemed a bit more subdued than Chef Mickey's....maybe because the atmosphere. We will be going again in January.

Anne

We ate there for dinner last week and all enjoyed it. Of the two character buffets we did(1900 Park Fare was the other), I think we all enjoyed LTT more. The characters were outstanding. They posed for pictures with all of us and really played around with my 7 month old nephew. The food was also good. As others have said, it's comfort food. Le Cellier it isn't, but it tasted fine. I'll start a dining review later this week after I'm fully settled.

We are going to LTT in August also and I feel the same way miss deville. Reading alot of negative reports about LTT has got me thinking also to change to Crystal Palace. Hope we can get some good feedback soon. The dining rep. I spoke to when I made our ADR's said this was her favorite restaurant, she said the food was good there and we should enjoy it. I sure hope she is right.

We ate at LTT on Easter Sunday. I thought the food was good and the character interaction was great. We also had the best server at this meal of our entire trip. The food was perfect and I would gladly do it again.

The characters there were Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Pluto.

We went back in February of this year---had a wonderful time, wonderful dinner! I'm looking forward to going back next month. :love:

You'll get the bad reviews with the good on any place. Sci Fi seems to bring out the negatives in a huge way but it's a family favorite of ours. Knocking on wood, we've never had a bad meal there.

In the end, you'll be at Disney--how bad can it really get? :cool1: :rotfl:

We were there in September...and this was hands down our favorite meal at WDW!

As someone pointed out...it's not gourmet...but we loved it! I had heard it's like Thanksgiving dinner...and that about summed it up for me. Just plain old comfort food.

We ate at California Grill the day before and were VERY disappointed (and that usually gets RAVE reviews). Every restaurant gets bad reviews sometimes.

It depends what you are really looking for. The character interaction is fabulous! Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale...they came around several times and we got great pictures and wonderful "conversations".

DH has determined we must eat there every time from now on!

We loved our dinner there this past March. The atmosphere was really relaxing and the food and characters were great. We would do it again and would choose it over Crystal Palace any day. We went to CP in September with another family and none of the 8 of us liked it at all. I know we are in the minority, but that just proves how greatly opinions vary.

We went there last August and were lucky enough to be chosen for a magical moment. Everybody loved the meal and we saw all the characters. We also had bad reviews about sci-fi but we loved it. Try ltt theres no harm in trying things lol

I am feeling alot better about this restaurant. :thumbsup2 You are right, you need to try things out for yourself, we all have different tastes. One restaurant can be good for a person and cruddy to the next. Glad we'll be giving it a try. ;)

Thanks, everyone. I am feeling much better. You are all so helpful!
We are big fans of turkey, so I think that will help us enjoy LTT. Thanks for setting me straight on which characters are there. As several people have pointed out, it's amazing how opinions can vary on Disney dining. I promise to post dining reviews when we get back to add to the confusion! ;)

Enjoyed our meal and characters back in Nov. 05, and have booked June 06, food was very good as well as the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter