Reason's for a split stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by klepton, Jun 13, 2013.

1. tiggerlvr27

tiggerlvr27 Mouseketeer

Do you have to do a "hard" checkout or do they do that for you??? My DH does not know we are switching....:scratchin

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Winky65

Winky65 Earning My Ears

I understand the appeal of seeing different resorts. I was all for that until we rented DVC points and stayed at the Boardwalk. While not the "best" hotel IMO, the convenience of being able to walk to 2 parks far outweighs just about anything else. We did a split stay last time because we could not get the first 3 nights at the Boardwalk. Moving day went fine, and we were able to do the DxDP for the first three nights, and regular for the rest of the trip, which was nice. But I would not do a split stay by choice. While the differing themes are very nice, we use the room to sleep and are not there much during the day. So standard view is perfect for us. And our kid loves the Boardwalk pool, so we are set. Now if they add DVC at the Polynesian I could be convinced to switch.

4. Carrie in AZ

Carrie in AZ DIS Veteran

I think we just leave! LOL! Pretty sure they put the folio under the door or you can check out via video link on the TV or just call the front desk....can't really remember but I know for sure we didn't approach the front desk to do a hard check out. We never do that anywhere any longer.

I specifically remember at the CR we handed our luggage to the bell gentleman as we were on our way out the door to the bus stop headed to BB! EASY business!!