Reasonable plan for an afternoon arrival in June

jtowntoflorida

Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney
We're going to be doing a Disney-SWW/Universal split stay in June. We'll be heading to MK the morning of June 7, and then will make our way over to Universal sometime later in the day. We'll be staying at HRH and will have 3 day park-to-park tickets, which we may upgrade to APs depending on how much we enjoy it. Orlando Informer has the crowds rated as "moderate" on the three days we'll be there.

Right now, my only real goal for the first day/half day is to get a wand at Ollivander's in Diagon Alley and do some of the interactive spells both parks, which will also mean a ride on the Hogwarts Express. Even with an late afternoon arrival, though, I'd think we'd be able to get more done than that. We have young kids--one is 5 and the other isn't very adventurous when it comes to rides--so we're not going to do most of the roller coasters. Is there any hope of riding either Gringott's or Forbidden Journey in the afternoon/early evening? Our 5 year old will be too short to ride FJ, I think, but will LOVE the queue, and he's tall enough for Gringott's.

For the non-HP rides, I assume since we'll have EP that we should be able to ride them with short waits.

I would think you could do FJ and Hippogryph at least, and then maybe you could head down to Seuss Landing for some of the rides there. SL runs into Marvel on the way out of the park, so you could wait for Spiderman and Storm Force Acceletron pretty easily as well.

When we went in 2012, we arrived on a drizzly afternoon in early June and walked on to FJ. I know weather was part of that, but I also understand that Hogsmeade is not as busy now that Diagon Alley has opened up.

We will be at the parks the same week as you this year, and I'm thinking that we can do Hogsmeade in the afternoon on our arrival day, then hop on HE, and do Gringotts after dinner. That's my plan at least.

We will be there the week before you. I *think* our plan is to do DA early mornings, and late evenings and do the rest of the park/parks in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter