Angelrose's Journey

What wonderful stories about your babies. They are indeed special. You have every right to spoil them beyond rotten. I would do the same.

I try and keep busy. Either with housework or my dvd's. The strangest things make me cry. But I'm doing OK. One day at a time.

Next week, I'm going to have dinner and a movie with my cousin and also I'm having lunch and a movie with a friend. I'm really looking forward to that. And Saturday Chuck is coming over to do some chores for me.

And it's only 119 more days until I go to DW. LOL

Glad you are staying busy. When you get to Disney just stay until I get there. We can get a room with a sofa bed and you can stay with us. You'll have tons of fun with us and especially our nephews. ;)

:hug:

Hey Angelrose. How is your week going? Glad that you are staying busy this week.

We got our new kitten Friday night. They named him Mac but we aren't too sure about that name and we want to change it. But I was wondering if you could help us out. Do you mind? I'll post some pictures of him to help you see what you can come up with. I don't know why but I think you are the one who has the perfect name for him. With Galaxy I knew my friend Gretchen had the perfect name for him. Don't worry if you can't or don't want to.

100_4703.jpg

100_4706.jpg

100_4695.jpg

He has beautiful green eyes! We went weekend before last and liked him. This past Friday night we had dinner with my sister and youngest nephew (the 5 year old). I asked him if he wanted to go with us to pick out a cat. He didn't know we had already been and that we had been just before we met them for dinner. So he didn't know we had already picked out out kitten. So he thinks he was a big boy and picked out our kitten. It was interesting that without any guidance or pushing on our part he picked out the same one we had. He said this kitten looked like a zebra. Kids are so cute!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and not over doing it at the same time. I'm missing your updates. :hug:

Moon Shadow. LOL That's what came to mind when I saw his picture. I had a gray tabby like that many, MANY years ago. He was a stray that allowed me to feed him and pet him, other than that, he didn't want to be bothered.

But your kitty is adorable. I hope you find the perfect name for him.

I've had a busy week. Chuck came over on Saturday and did some chores for me. Then we spent a couple of hours chatting and talking about Disney. I found a notebook that Ron had put together with my two trip reports and some autographed pictures and some old Disney dollars. There was one picture in there with Mickey that was the last picture we had taken at Disney two years ago. That brought some tears. I went to the grocery store on Sunday morning. One of the girls there I hadn't seen since Ron passed. She put her arms around me and said she was so sorry. I had to tell her the whole story and I cried again. She said she knew it was going to be hard for me because we were always together.

Sunday afternoon Joan and I spent the afternoon in the pool and then had cheesestake subs at the mall and went to see Julie and Julia. It was a great movie and lots of laughs. I could see it again! Monday afternoon I went over to Joans' pool around 1:30 and she came home around 3. We spent another hour in the pool and then I went home. Today I knew she wasn't going to be home all day. But she told me to come in the pool anyway and enjoy it. I just stayed in the pool from 1:30 to 3:45. I came home pooped. Tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with a friend. I don't know if we'll go to a movie or not. I guess we'll play it by ear.

So I am trying to keep busy. Being able to swim even when Joan isn't home is a huge help to me. It's something to look forward to every day and keeps me moving. There isn't a whole lot more of summer left. I want to make the most of it.

It sounds like you are having a very busy but good summer. The pool sounds great. I bet it feels good. Glad you enjoyed Julie and Julia. That is one that I want to go see.

Do you have a scanner? Would you be willing to scan those pictures for us to see? I would love to see them if you wouldn't mind.

I'm sure it was difficult going through everything again with the girl at the store but at the same time it is somewhat healing. It is wonderful that you have so much support and so many supportive people surrounding you. It sounds like you live in such a wonderful community. You are one very loved Lady! Everywhere you go people can see how wonderful and amazing you are and people want to support you and love you.

That sounds like a great name to me and it fits in with Galaxy's name too! He's getting fixed tomorrow. We had to pick up our 5 year old nephew from "school" today and was trying to explain to him what the kitty is having done tomorrow. I was trying to explain it as something responsible pet owners do to try to keep from having too many kittens in the animal shelter because he has been there with us before. And I told him it was a way to keep them from marking everything in the house. He didn't understand that so I had to tell him that it would keep him from peeing on everything. Well you would have thought I told him the funniest thing in the world. :rolleyes:

Thinking of grocery stores, are you having a difficult time cooking for just yourself? I don't mean that to sound terrible and I don't mean to bring it up if you have talked about it before. Like I've said before, I have memory issues because of my migraine medicines. If you are having a difficult time finding things to cook for yourself I could do some research to find you some good websites for recipes. When I lived by myself I just didn't feel like cooking for myself because it didn't seem worth it. But you know it really is because then you can make yourself all kinds of treats. And if you make something really horrible no one else will ever know. ;) You can throw it in the trash without anyone else ever knowing anything about it. :thumbsup2 When you make something really great you can make extra and freeze it for when friends and family come over. So you win all the way around.

:hug:

Glad you liked the name. Yes I do have a scanner and I'll see if I can get a few pictures posted in the next couple of days. We did have such a great time. If you like I can give you the link to our last trip report. The pictures are teeny, tiny now though.

Well, duhhhhhhhhhhh. I forgot to answer your question. I don't have a problem cooking for one. Ron was mostly a vegetarian so making things for him was easy. I always made my own food. I would make a batch and freeze most of it just like you said. I do miss seeing his salad bowl full of tuna and veggies. I miss making him egg salad sandwiches. I just miss HIM.

Well, duhhhhhhhhhhh. I forgot to answer your question. I don't have a problem cooking for one. Ron was mostly a vegetarian so making things for him was easy. I always made my own food. I would make a batch and freeze most of it just like you said. I do miss seeing his salad bowl full of tuna and veggies. I miss making him egg salad sandwiches. I just miss HIM.

I know you do. HUGE HUG!!! I wish I could fix it for you, I really, really do.

Thanks for the link to the trip report. I'll have to read it later. We have to get to bed now. We have to get to bed now because tomorrow is a super long day.

I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and receive an extra special blessing that really brightens your day. :hug:

Angelrose

it sounds like you are having a wonderful summer-your friends and family sound like a blessing to you. swimming is such good exercise-you may give Michael Phelps a run for his money!!

Yep, I bet she could give ole Michael Phelps a run for his money!

Well, our newest addition got fixed today and we got a little surprise. He turned out to be a she. She is curled up on the little bed now resting. Galaxy won't go more than a few feet from her. As soon as he saw her he went to her said and hasn't left. He had to sniff her and lick her a few times. He is watching over her and "mothering" her. He was "talking" to her at first. I guess he was asking if she was okay. He is usually so loud but this time he was "talking" in a very gentle way. He's such a sweetie.

Angelrose I hope you had a wonderful day today!!! :hug:

Of course I could give Michael Phelps a run for the money. snicker, snicker HONEST! ;)

I did have a good day today. I had lunch at Applebees with my friend and she paid for my lunch! Her husband told her to. LOL He is such a dear too. We laughed and talked. After lunch we went to the mall and walked around a bit. We went to Hallmark and laughed at the prices of the Vera Bradley bags. I LOVE them, but can't afford those prices. I could do better on Ebay I think, but I'm saving all my money for our trip. We also went into the Disney store. She was being a good grandmom and bought her granddaughter a few outfits. I being a selfish biddy, bought myself a Tinkerbell and friends playset. We went to the foodcourt for a soft drink and a sit down (which I needed desperately) and chatted a while. Then it was time to go home. It was a great afternoon.

When I got home DS called me. He wondered where I was all afternoon. He's taking me to the Motor Vehicle on Monday to get the car transferred to my name. That ought to be a fun time.

I think tomorrow I will go swimming again. I really hate this hot and humid weather. I am SO ready for fall.

I think that is so cute that Galaxy is mothering the new baby.

Wonderful pictures, Angelrose! I like them all so much I cannot even chose a favorite.

I know it is day by day, sometimes hour by hour, and even with lovely supportive friends and family, it is a journey we must make alone in many ways.

Keep taking gentle care of you ~ and know your DIS friends are here for you anytime. We love you! xo

What can I say that already has not been said? I read this entire thread last night, and was in tears for most of it. Angelrose, I am so sorry that Ron had to leave you. I am so sad for you. I know the pain of losing loved ones but not my spouse. The part that is so hard about your story is that you two were truly soul mates and very much in love, that is so obvious. I really feel for you. I know that time will ease your pain but also know that doesn't make much difference right now when you are hurting. I loved seeing your pictures. Thanks for posting them and sharing your story. It reminds the rest of us to live each day to the fullest and to cherish our loved ones each and every day.

Hugs Angelrose. XO Stay strong!

What can I say that already has not been said? I read this entire thread last night, and was in tears for most of it. Angelrose, I am so sorry that Ron had to leave you. I am so sad for you. I know the pain of losing loved ones but not my spouse. The part that is so hard about your story is that you two were truly soul mates and very much in love, that is so obvious. I really feel for you. I know that time will ease your pain but also know that doesn't make much difference right now when you are hurting. I loved seeing your pictures. Thanks for posting them and sharing your story. It reminds the rest of us to live each day to the fullest and to cherish our loved ones each and every day.

Hugs Angelrose. XO Stay strong!

I echo your thoughts, Zalansky.

Angelrose, my thoughts are with you. You sound much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Keep surrounding yourself with loved ones.

Hugs to you. :hug:

Angelrose, thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos of you and your dear Ron. :hug:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I am so glad we have smiling faces to put to your names. This on going thread show us what a wonderful life and love you and your soul mate, Ron, were blessed to share for so many years. :lovestruc

You indeed remind us once again, not to sweat the small stuff, to live and enjoy each day to the fullest with our loved ones. Godspeed sweetie, may you be blessed with faith, hope, strength and courage, as you continue your journey one day at a time. May all your loving memories warm your heart in all your days, as your Ron smiles upon and helps guide you from above. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter