Angelrose's Journey

Thank you PrincessSuzanne and reelmom. He does make my heart happy.

Today started out great. Last night we got our hotel reservations for DW. We'll be staying at All Star Movies with free dining. Then this morning I got my plane reservations, Tiffany Towncar reservations and the local shuttle to the airport here and back. Then around 3:30 this afternoon I get a call from the fraud dept at Chase. EEEEKKK There was a charge for $99.95 to some place in Europe which they declined. Then while I was talking to them there was another charge which they declined for some charity for $250. The shut down my account immediately and notified the 3 credit places. Thank goodness for Chase. I'm not responsible for any of those charges and they will investigate them. Thankfully my charge for the airplane tickets went through before they shut it down. Now after I get my new card, I will have to contact all my utilities to give them the new number. RATS I just gave up my other credit card so I could have everything on this one. I feel so helpless without my credit card. This all happened this morning. I wonder if someone hacked my computer while I was ordering my plane tickets. Chuck is coming over tomorrow to check my computer to see if I have a virus or something hidden.

The man who called me was very nice and was very helpful. I knew everything was OK but I still broke down in tears. It seems everything makes me cry.

ry%3D400

Such a gorgeous little boy!!!:goodvibes I'm so glad you have your family and your disfamily to help you through this.:hug: I look so forward to your updates. Wishing you the best.:hug::hug:

Thank you PrincessSuzanne and reelmom. He does make my heart happy.

Today started out great. Last night we got our hotel reservations for DW. We'll be staying at All Star Movies with free dining. Then this morning I got my plane reservations, Tiffany Towncar reservations and the local shuttle to the airport here and back. Then around 3:30 this afternoon I get a call from the fraud dept at Chase. EEEEKKK There was a charge for $99.95 to some place in Europe which they declined. Then while I was talking to them there was another charge which they declined for some charity for $250. The shut down my account immediately and notified the 3 credit places. Thank goodness for Chase. I'm not responsible for any of those charges and they will investigate them. Thankfully my charge for the airplane tickets went through before they shut it down. Now after I get my new card, I will have to contact all my utilities to give them the new number. RATS I just gave up my other credit card so I could have everything on this one. I feel so helpless without my credit card. This all happened this morning. I wonder if someone hacked my computer while I was ordering my plane tickets. Chuck is coming over tomorrow to check my computer to see if I have a virus or something hidden.

The man who called me was very nice and was very helpful. I knew everything was OK but I still broke down in tears. It seems everything makes me cry.

Most of the time, you are safer ordering stuff online than face to face-always check for that little "lock" on the site you are ordering from. Make sure that you don't have to send anything written to the cc company to protect your rights.This will most likely be handled by the fraud department, but it's basically a dispute. What they will probably do is order a copy of the invoice from the merchan'ts bank and ask you to take a look at it, or sign an affdavit stating you didn't make the charges.

Don't worry, they will handle it all for you. If you have any quesitons, feel free to pm me or post them here. ( this is what I do at my bank job!) :hug:

Thank you sunnyday123. My son told me to always look for the little lock and I always do. I have ordered for years online and this is the first time I have ever had a problem. My son and dil had the same thing happen to them this year. It's a pain and annoying, but thankfully Chase does do all the work.

If I think of any questions I will ask them of you. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

Oh, my goodness, what cute little boy Jesse is! I'm sure he brings you much joy. (I'm still waiting for "grands"!)

And what a pain about your CC. We found out about fraudulant charges when we tried to pay a restaurant meal with the card that was hacked. Kindof embarassing! But at least we weren't held responsible for what we didn't charge. I'm sure it'll all work out for you. It just makes you feel vulnerable.

Jesse is adorable! No wonder he makes you so happy. :)

Sorry to hear about your credit card. My debit card had to be replaced last month because the number was stolen somewhere I used it. They never did say where though. They just said it was compromised at a retailer or something like that. When that happens I wish they would say where so we would know not to use it there anymore. The point of that is to say that it probably wasn't a thing that you did. They may have gotten the number elsewhere. It may have just been coincidence that the charges started hitting today after your air purchase.

Congrats on getting everything booked today!

:hug:

Sunday was both a hard day and a fun day at the same time. When I woke up I wished Ron a happy anniversary and kissed his picture. I started to watch a movie to keep myself occupied until Chuck called that they were heading out to pick me up. Jesse laughed out loud when he saw me. We stopped at BJ's and picked up a few things. Then we went to Walmart and by then we were ready for lunch. We stopped at the mall and got gyros. Jesse loved the rice. I gave him a purple Hot Wheels car to keep him occupied while we got our food. That car never left his hand. Karen put him down for a nap when we got home, but he only slept a little while and so did Chuck and I. When Jesse came downstairs we went down in the basement where his toys are and we played down there for a while. I gave him another little car and we played with that one. We watched it slide down the sliding board and then Jesse would slide down. I was laughing the whole time. We came upstairs while Karen made dinner and we watched part of Monster, Inc. Jesse danced and moved around every time the played "You've got a friend in me". It was so cute. After dinner it was Jesse's bedtime. He went to sleep immediately. We sat around and talked about our trip, doing a little more planning. I made it through the day only crying twice for a bit. By the time I got home it was close to 9 and I just watched tv until bedtime. I said goodnight to my sweetheart and so wished he was there.

Today I went swimming at my cousins pool. She told me some stories about when she went to school that I had never heard. When I came home I was getting some dinner ready and I thought "boy I can't wait to tell Ron". But I can't. Little things like that really get to me. But I am surviving. I guess that's all I can do for now.

You can't see it--but I am seeing baby steps being made.
You are stronger than you think..just keep doing what you are doing. Remembering amongst the tears and moving forward.
Ron must be so proud..:hug:

Oh I hope he is minnie56. I still keep hoping he will come to me in a dream to tell me everything is OK, but so far he hasn't. My cousin says that is because there is no "unfinished business". We have nothing to say "I'm sorry for", but I would still like to say I love you one more time to him. I do say it every day but it's not the same.

Undoubtedly he is.
And he is telling you he loves you right back..close your eyes and hear him say it, just like he always did.

I think that you are doing remarkably well for what you have been through. Surrounding yourself with family and keeping Ron's memory alive is the best thing. I pray that you have a good day today.

I haven't stopped by in a while. I think you are doing amazingly well, and Ron will be with you on the trip. You have a wonderful family, and that is no accident! I wish you peace as the days go by. :hug::hug:

Not a good day today. The weather is so hot and humid, it's unbearable. I had a few crying times today. I can't get past that he SHOULD be here with me and he isn't. I try and get through the day but it's not easy. I keep busy, but something will remind me that he isn't here and I cry again. Even when I'm with the kids or Joan, I have times when I can't keep the tears back. It seems so long since he was alive. So many happy memories that now make me cry.

I'm sorry for whining again. It was just a bad day today.

Hang in there Angelrose.

I see baby steps too. One day at a time. One day at a time. Ron will always be with you, in your heart, in your being.

Just try to remind yourself each day to take a moment to smile at him, for him and for both of you.

You are surrounded by people who care for you. I am glad you come here to express yourself.

do not be sorry for *whining* you are grieving, it is OK!!
You will have good days and bad days it is to be expected.
((hugs))

Oh bad days are so expected..ups and downs. Soon enough there will be more that are okay than those that are not.

Keep that chin up..you have had a huge life change. It's all new and so different from the journey you have been on. Forgive yourself and allow yourself to have just a sad day...it's okay:hug:

I don't think anybody thinks that you are whining, nor do you need to apologize for your emotions. We are here for you, good days and bad.

I just wanted to stop in and tell you that you are responsible for me telling my hubby each and every day that I love him. I so ache for you and what you must be feeling. Everytime I see this thread, it's a reminder of just how precious life is, and how quickly our lives can change.
You are still in my prayers and thoughts, and I hope your pain starts to ease some, and your days become eaiser.
Doris

My dear friends, I have some sad news tonight. My dear husband passed away peacefully last night around 11pm. The dr called Chuck and told him and then Chuck called to tell me. I had hoped there would be time to say goodby one last time, but that was not to be. I can't say enough about the nurses and the drs at Atlantic City trauma center. They have been so thoughtful and caring to Ron and all of us. The nurse even called us today to express her condolences. I thought that was so nice of her.

I had hoped that Ron could be a donor so that he would live on in someone else. But that was not to be. He had been in the hospital too long and there was too much deterioration.

We made the arrangements today and his viewing will be on Saturday and the cremation will be on Monday. We didn't want anything on Fathers Day. Chuck and Karen will have luncheon catered at their house after the viewing.

There was one bright note to today. While going over Ron's baby pictures, we found one of him when he was about 5 years old. His face is EXACTLY like our grandson Jesse. Even Karen commented on it. So my love will live on in our grandson. I know that Ron will be Jesse's personal Guardian Angel.

Thank you all for your prayers and support through all this. Hug your loves again tonight for me.

I just found this thread again now.. I am so sorry to hear of your darling DH's passing.. :sad1::sad1: I know all too well how painful that was for you.. Try to hang on to the good memories - and please take care of yourself in the days, weeks, months, and years (yes - years) ahead.. It's going to be difficult, but your family will help you along with this heartbreaking journey..:hug::hug:

I wish there was more that I could say to comfort you, but I know that there really isn't..:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter