Angelrose's Journey

Good morning ladies!

Angelrose - don't beat yourself up - you'll get back on track. But you're right - with fruits & veggies being free, we need to remember to fill up on those!

Weather here is supposed to be dreary for the holiday weekend. We have a full slate of A's/Yankees games (ugh! - there are always more Yankee fans at our ballpark than A's fans!)

We are finally going to move back into our bedroom this weekend. The new carpet gets put down this afternoon, and the new bedroom furniture gets delivered late this afternoon. New mattress comes tomorrow! We'll move out of the cramped guest room after 2 months. We love our new bathroom. The overhead rainshower is wonderful. 2 new windows in the bathroom and 2 new windows in the bedroom. All other windows get replaced in a few weeks. whew! - we're getting there!

I lost 2.4 of the 2.8 that I gained in the last two weeks. So I am getting there. I think being off the water pill part of my high blood pressure meds had something to do with the gain too.

snappyd, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. LOL A pound is a pound no matter what you are weighing. How depressing is that? But I have been adjusting my diet to less protein and more fruits and veggies. I think it's working.

But now I have a barbeque to go to this Sunday and then on Monday the kids are taking me out for my birthday lunch at Red Robin. heh heh heh I am going to eat my usual bacon cheeseburger with onion rings. That is all I usually eat all day except for a light breakfast. I'm too full for any dinner after that except for an apple of an orange. The barbeque I can eat light I think. I'll have to see what is available.

I have been doing that 5 mile workout almost every day of the week. I usually take one or two days off. I'm still lifting my 8 pound weights every day and doing 30 situps and 10 pushups. I don't do them well, but I do what I can. Pretty soon I will be able to swim. I can't wait for that. But that is at least two weeks away.

minniecarousel, you bedroom and bathroom sound wonderful. Almost sounds like a luxury hotel, but better because it's all yours.

snappyd, we've had rainy days and gloomy days most of the week. Now it's getting hot and humid. ICK!

I just got done reading Eon. It's a fantasy/syfy about a girl masquerading as a boy who sees dragons. It's a fascinating story and very exciting. I can't wait for the last one to come out called Eona. I do love fantasy books. Love dragons and unicorns and all those magical beasts. I think my dragon would be pink! :rotfl:

Hello my friends. Well today was the day that my sweet Ron fell and hit his head three years ago. It doesn't seem that long in some respects and feels like forever in others.

I'm ashamed to say that even though I knew this day was coming all week, I forgot about it today. I ran and did some grocery shopping before Chuck came over with his friend to pick up some rocks and minerals to surprise his wife on her birthday. His friend's wife loves all that kind of stuff. They were here for a little over 3 hours. It was fun showing him our collection and telling him stories of our adventures collecting in the late 60's and 70's.

Then after they left it hit me. I didn't cry or anything. I just felt so sad that he isn't here with me. He would so love seeing someone else appreciate his collection and tell them all about it.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have supported me through these three years. I know June 16th will be hard for me. I will be in the pool thinking of how much we loved to swim every summer and talk about Disney World and what would be our first ride. Haunted Mansion of course. So many wonderful memories.

I didn't want that to be such a downer before the Memorial day holiday.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Happy Memorial Day to all.

Angel! :hug: :hug: I'm sorry, I don't have computer access on weekends, and it was a long one.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already - you have come so far. I know Ron is always smiling down on you and the kids, you make him so proud! Just keep thinking about the next trip with the little ones, they are so precious.

I probably won't be on the computer much til next week, have to go back to NJ for some chores tomorrow til Sunday.

Just want you to know you are an inspiration to so many of us, I hope if I ever have to go through what you did I will have the same strength and courage :hug: :hug:

awww, Angelrose - I'm sure that Ron would be proud of you! How far you've come in 3 years. You are an inspiration to so many of us.

And congrats on the weight loss! Keep at it.

:grouphug:

Just reading this AR and want you to know how much your Dis friends admire you, your strength, wisdom, and how far you've come in last 3 yrs :flower3:. Know, that your dear sweet Ron is never far in spirit and always smiling upon you, the kids, and grands, as you all carry him in your heart and soul forever :angel:. Keep up the good work sweetie, dear Ron lives on through all of you, stay strong ~ one day at a time, for you are indeed an inspiration for many. :hug:

party: PS - Belated :bday: from all your Dis friends....know you enjoyed w/your wonderful family! :grouphug:

THANK YOU snappyd, minniecarousel and 4nana. I wouldn't have survived without your support and prayers. You all gave me the strength to go on with my life.

Thank you for the birthday wishes 4nana. We celebrated yesterday. They took me to Red Robin (my choice). As usual I was a little piggy. I had my usual bacon cheeseburger with onion rings instead of fries. YUMM I also had a kid sized milkshake. OMG it was heaven. It's a new one called salted caramel. It is the best thing ever. I'm glad I only got the kid size though. I didn't have anything for dinner except an orange because I was so stuffed.

Before we went to lunch, Chuck brought in a rocker/slider that they don't use anymore. It's to replace an old recliner that doesn't work anymore. The kids like to rearrange the magnets on my refrigerator. Chuck went down in the basement to take some tools that he wanted. The kids got tired of the magnets and went to play on my organ.

You should have seen that. Zoey was so funny. She loves to push all the buttons and bang away on the keys. Of course grandmom has to sit next to her and bang away too. I had so much fun. Jesse wanted to watch tv on my recliner wrapped in my blanket and had some stuffies to hug.

Then he wanted to play on the organ too, so the three of us sat there and banged away making a horrible racket, but was so much fun.

It was hard to get them away until we said we were going bye bye to get something to eat.

After lunch they brought me back home and I got in my jammies to relax the rest of the afternoon.

Then my doorbell rang. It was my pool man. I was so surprised. So I opened the basement door, moved my car and let them go at it.

I got dressed in case they needed me for something. I wanted to see the water after they took the winter cover off. It was a bit cloudy but you could see the bottom very well. Not as many leaves as in previous years. However there were a couple of mouse nests on the deck. ICK! I asked them to get rid of them. The pool man said there was a mouse in the water. One of the men got it out for me with the skimmer. He said, "OK Jerry, here you go" and flung him over into the bushes. I'm sure some animal will take care of it.

Within an hour they had completed everything and put my solar cover on. The rest is up to me.

Today it was so hot that I got in right at 8am. The water was 72 but felt a bit chilly. I vacuumed up all the gunk and the leaves and put in some more ph+ and some chlorine. That took about two hours. Then I hopped out, got dressed and went to the pool store to get some stabilizer and clarifier. I got home and had my lunch and was back in the pool to swim by noon.

I swam around for an hour and a half and then I was done. I just couldn't make two hours. I have to get my stamina up.

I came in and grilled up some turkey burgers, boiled up some corn and steamed some broccoli for the week. Then I did my weight lifting, situps, pushups, and squats. The rest of the evening I sat in my recliner and watched tv.

My cousin Butch called to sing me happy birthday which went like this, "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday you old lady, happy birthday to you". :rotfl: I am 67 and he will be 64 in September. I can't wait to see him at the family dinner next week. I plan on smacking him one. :lmao:

Ron would be so happy to see me laughing and having fun. He had such a wonderful sense of humor and a great laugh. Sometimes I can almost hear him. Just almost.

Thank you snappyd. I think the best part of my birthday besides being with my family was my cousin Butch singing to me over the phone. He is such a nut. But then again, so am I. No wonder we get along so well.

I just spent the last few days reading through this thread and wanted to let you know that You and your family are in my prayers. :hug:

It has been an inspiration to read about your journey through these past couple years and get to see how well you are doing. I have gone the past 2 years watching my MIL go through much the same things you have gone through, (my FIL passed away 5/14/10) adjusting to having to do things on her own and I know how difficult it has been for her and you but like my MIL, you have a great family and friends to support you.

I also have to say that your grandbabies are really cute, too and I have enjoyed the pics you post of them. :)

I have read and enjoyed your TR's that you have posted as well and am about to go start reading the newest one.

Thank you rndmr2. I appreciate your support. It's very hard for me this time of year. But like your MIL I have a wonderful family to lean on. I am truly blessed.

Glad you liked the pictures and my trip reports. I do enjoy writing my trip reports. I go back and read all my older reports too. That way I can relive each moment again.

We had our family dinner on Wednesday night. We all had such a good time. We laughed the whole 3 hours. The food was excellent. I thought I would share the picture. I make sure I get a picture each time we get together.

ry%3D400

That's me in the center in green. To my left is my cousin Joan and behind her is her husband Mark. Next to me is Charlotte and her husband Walt behind her. Behind me is Gail and her husband Ralph, who is Joan's brother. Next to Ralph is Don who is my cousin Butch partner. Last on my right is Joann who is Charlotte's sister. Joann lost her husband last year.

So that's the whole motley crew. We are going to get together again in October.

The "Cousin's Get-together" - right? From what you've said, they sound like a great group. Nice that you all get together a few times a year.

I can't believe that I missed your birthday! So - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

We're getting so excited for our Disneyland trip - Carlsland will be opening just a few days before we get there. It'll be crowded, but we're prepared. We'll take it slow and easy. Older son & daughter-in-law are going with us. We'll be staying at our DVC home at the Grand Californian - it's so close to the Parks.

The new windows are here - 2 went in today. I hope they can place the rest next week. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until we're back from Disneyland.

Thank you minniecarousel for the birthday wishes. Yes it was the Cousins get together. We always have so much fun. I think most of us need a few hours of good laughter a couple of times a year.

Oh have a wonderful time at Disneyland. :yay: I want detailed reports when you get home. I've never been to Disneyland so I have to rely on TR.

This says "really need prayers", but it was started back in 2009. Does the OP still really need the prayers? I'm just wondering if the title should change :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter