• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

really looking at dining package and have ????

dawgfan

from georgia ya'll
I have looked at the posts here and never really checked things out very hard as to how they calculate. Recently I added things up in the dining plan. I checked package prices on Dreams Unlimited's site and used my own plan for reference in cost. I have always been told to beware of packages and I am. They usually include things that are profit makers for the company offering while providing ease of planning and convenience for the customer.

Dreams Unlimited offers a package for 6 days and 7 nights stay at a value resort with Park Hopper tickets with the plus feature for the length of stay. This also offer the dining package for that stay. It comes to $4707.00 for a family of four with two adults, one child age 10 ,and one child age 7.

Now when that same length of stay is calculated with the same tickets it comes to a total of $1557.31. Now all that would be left as a difference would be dining aka FOOD. That difference is $3150!!! That amounts to a whopping $450 per day on FOOD! Am I missing something here. The free dining plan was okay but this stinks. If I had to pay for it that is no deal at all. I looked at menus extensively and can do well on $230.00 a day with just food.

What am I missing??

They are booking into the the premium plam which includes cruises, crique tiks etc. The dining plan we have booked and paid for is $34.99/pp and $9.99/per child. For Our family of 3 really 4 but DD is only 2 the dining plan costs $480 for 6 nights. We easily spent this just on our table service meal and still had a CS and snack each day.
HTH
Tina

You really need to check prices again....the dining plan will add $115/day to your room and ticket price (3 adults at $35/day and 1 child @ $10/day)....so if you were planning to allow $230/day for food you would come out quite a bit better using the dining plan (even if you buy some additional food not included on the plan).

I think the price you saw on DU was for the premium plan which is WAY more than you need for a family trip....just go with MYW plus dining. (it is your room caost + ticket cost + MYW dining)....if you happen to be a AAA member, then DU can book through them for a 10 to 20% discount on the room portion of the package (tickets and dining are the same price).

Dining Plan prices are going up for 2006. You would have 3 adult plans at 37.99 per person and one child at 10.99 per person X 7 nights = $874.72 or $124.96/day. If you plan on doing nicer restaurants or character meals, its totally worth it.

I wouldn't get the plus premium stuff. I don't even get the parkhopper w/ plusses, b/c we don't do the water parks and Disney Quest. I do spend the little extra just to get the park hopper option, but that's it.
Have a great trip! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter