Realistic Food Budget????

jenn22

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four (my husband and I, dd 5 and ds 1). Our plan is to eat at mostly counter service places and do breakfast in our room. We plan one character breakfast and one table service dinner. Our son will probably eat off our plates.

My question is....

Not counting the character meal and table service meal, Is $100/day for food a realistic number?

Thanks for you wise input!

It seems to me, depending on how many night you are staying, that you should consider the dining plan. Either quick service or regular dining. This way a snack is also included. The counter service plan for adults is roughly $30.00 per day and the regular dining is 40.00 per day.

I totally think $100 a day is doable. We are a family of 3 and that is what we usually budget. We usually stay offsite. Eat breakfast in condo, later lunch in park. get a snack, then pick up something to eat on the way back to condo. this works for us because we usually go in September when the parks are less crowded and close earlier.

If staying onsite I would definitely look into the dinning plan.

Most adult counter service meals will run about $8, or $10 if you get a soda with it. A kid's meal will be about half that.

I think that is a do-able budget. That was what we budgeted for minus our two character meals and one adults' night out at Citricos.

We ate breakfast in the room other days, lots of CS, and for myself I would order a burger minus the fries and drink b/c it was too much for me at lunchtime. We had one refillable mug, DH used it for coffee in the morning, and I used it for myself and DD for lemonade in the afternoon at the resort. Otherwise I don't think we bought soft drinks in the park, we had water bottles that we brought with us.

Take a look at the menus at allears.net and you'll get a good idea of what everything costs.

Have fun!

That sounds doable. Last week our family of 4 visited and spent about $30 per meal at CS (cheapest $26, costliest $36). Most meals we drank the free ice water. We ate almost all our dinners out of the World, around $35 per meal. We did snacks 3 of 5 days in the parks, at $8-15. So $100 in the parks sounds good.

But if I was going to eat all my meals in the park, I'd consider the dining plan. The CS plan would have run us $84 per day (2 adults, 2 kids), with more food at the meals and snacks every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts