Real Life game/fun: Calling for a DisBoard Gamers DisMeet....first week Oct 2013

She is but also nervous I think. She needs to figure out something to do with her free time. Her retirement package is pretty good... I think she gets like 80% of what she made before... but with all that free time she will be wanting to shop and stuff so she has to find things to do!!

Parts of it is scary, but we're ready for this next part of our lives! We are thinking of booking DCL's Westbound Panama Canal cruise in May 2014 while on this Transatlantic cruise later this month.

We already have a RCCL cruise in January, and we also want to do Princess Holy Land cruise in the fall of 2014. So, that will make 3 nice cruises next year. After that we will concentrate on a few National Parks in the Pacific NW that we haven't stayed at yet.

Parts of it is scary, but we're ready for this next part of our lives! We are thinking of booking DCL's Westbound Panama Canal cruise in May 2014 while on this Transatlantic cruise later this month.

We already have a RCCL cruise in January, and we also want to do Princess Holy Land cruise in the fall of 2014. So, that will make 3 nice cruises next year. After that we will concentrate on a few National Parks in the Pacific NW that we haven't stayed at yet.

Which Royal cruise in Jan? We will be sailing Royal in Jan as well...

Panama Canal... LUCKY!!! Those long trips are too tough for us... our Hawaii trip will be a one-off! Usually I can only get away for a week

Which Royal cruise in Jan? We will be sailing Royal in Jan as well...

Panama Canal... LUCKY!!! Those long trips are too tough for us... our Hawaii trip will be a one-off! Usually I can only get away for a week

For a lot of DH's working life, he only had 2 weeks vacation. He got much luckier in years 30 to 50 of full time work. (Not all for the same company of course, but with 50 years of full time work behind him, we are SO GRATEFUL that he is able to retire now.)

We are on a 6 night RCCL out of Miami. It's on the Independence of the Seas beginning on January 26th. How about yours?

For a lot of DH's working life, he only had 2 weeks vacation. He got much luckier in years 30 to 50 of full time work. (Not all for the same company of course, but with 50 years of full time work behind him, we are SO GRATEFUL that he is able to retire now.)

We are on a 6 night RCCL out of Miami. It's on the Independence of the Seas beginning on January 26th. How about yours?

It would be something if you are all on the same cruise :goodvibes how cool would that be ??

50 years?!?!?! He DEFINITELY deserves to retire!!! I sure hope I don't have to work 50 years total... since I went to grad school I didn't start working til age 25!

We are also leaving on Jan 26th! But it's out of Port Canaveral on Freedom of the seas - DARN!!!! Where does yours stop?

It would be something if you are all on the same cruise :goodvibes how cool would that be ??

It would be so cool!!! Too bad :sad:

In oyr line of work, I don't ever see us retiring, unless we sell our buildings, but then we wouldn't have a place to live!

Bobbi your pkans sound awesome!

DH began working full time right out of high school, (1962) he began a tool die making apprenticeship after working as a machinist for a year or two. He began working as a tool die maker for a major corporation in 1974, before that, it was all small job shops and went to college p/t and earned a BS in Engineering in 1989. Since then he's been doing supervisory work and has been in charge of work place logistics for manufacturing.

Our itinerary on the Independence includes, Falmouth Jamaica, Georgetown Cayman Islands and the private island Labadee Haiti! There are 2 days at see. We've cruised the Western Caribbean at least 7 times and never made it to Jamaica, so that was the draw for this cruise. Sorry we miss you, Tiffany! That would have been wonderful to cruise with you, too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Ooooh I haven't been to Jamaica either!

On our Jan cruise we will stop in St Marten, San Juan (first time!), and CocoCay, Bahamas (another private island?). Probably won't be swimming in the bahamas in Jan...

OH and we are cruising in the Ben & Jerry 'Sweet'!!!

Ooooh I haven't been to Jamaica either!

On our Jan cruise we will stop in St Marten, San Juan (first time!), and CocoCay, Bahamas (another private island?). Probably won't be swimming in the bahamas in Jan...

OH and we are cruising in the Ben & Jerry 'Sweet'!!!

We have been to CocoCay and enjoyed it very much. I think you are right about not swimming in the Bahamas in January. I was on the DVC Member Cruise this January, and on CC we enjoyed a bike ride and the cook out then went back to enjoy the ship!

Wow, Ben & Jerry "sweet!" that's great! I'll have to look it up, since I don't really know what it is.:lmao:

I like the idea of the benefits, and would certainly give it a try! Did you know about the designation when you booked?

I like the idea of the benefits, and would certainly give it a try! Did you know about the designation when you booked?

Yes I did. I wanted that room very specifically and wanted to go to San Juan. I told my TA that I *only* wanted that room and if it wasn't available (I had checked online before but it could've been taken at any moment) then to let me know and I would book a different cruise. I booked well over a year out to get it!

Yes free ice cream and free happy hour all for the cheapest room on the ship!! :cool1:

Yes I did. I wanted that room very specifically and wanted to go to San Juan. I told my TA that I *only* wanted that room and if it wasn't available (I had checked online before but it could've been taken at any moment) then to let me know and I would book a different cruise. I booked well over a year out to get it!

Yes free ice cream and free happy hour all for the cheapest room on the ship!! :cool1:

SMART woman :thumbsup2

Lol thanks!

I am so excited for it. Back in 2009 I was planning a cruise for June 2010 for my bday and wanted to go on freedom but it was kinda $$$ since it was new. Fast forward and I am *so* excited to finally get to go! Excited to see a new ship and San Juan... Everything else is icing!

I'm not sure I could handle an inside cabin. On our last cruise I started to get a little queasy. We were going FAST and I think the water was pretty choppy. Going out on the balcony and breathing fresh air really helped. The fact that all I had to put on was my skimpy robe was good too.

That is cool though that you have the cheapest room and concierge privileges!

I don't think I'm going on a cruise anytime soon. Its the only form of transport that I get sick on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter