Real Life game/fun: Calling for a DisBoard Gamers DisMeet....first week Oct 2013

This trip falls exactly in line with why I bought BCV, to stay every two or three years during F&W, and it will be nice to be able to share that with friends.

This trip falls exactly in line with why I bought BCV, to stay every two or three years during F&W, and it will be nice to be able to share that with friends.

I bought at BCV to be sure that we got the dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens when we could go to WDW with our DGC's family. As it turns out, they have moved to Florida, and will be coming more on weekends and not for the longer trips that would involve plane tickets. Living in Florida, they have more opportunities for swimming, their community has a wonderful pool complex, and our DVC points are needed for quite as many on site stays with them as before. Otherwise, I most likely would have stayed at BWV standard view for the meet!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yeah, one of the College Program apartment complexes is Chatham Square. I did the program twice and lived at Chatham twice :)

Yeah, one of the College Program apartment complexes is Chatham Square. I did the program twice and lived at Chatham twice :)

Thanks! Is Chatham Square in Orlando? I never knew how people in the College Program could affort to pay rent, and so, if Disney has apt. complexes, that answers that question! I assume the rent is subsidized somewhat.

Yeah, it's near the Mary Queen of the Universe church. The Commons is right near it as well, and Vista Way is a little closer to Downtown Disney. The apartments are owned and subsidized by Disney, but are still pretty expensive. I was paying about $320 a month in an apartment with five other girls paying the same amount.

I bought at BCV to be sure that we got the dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens when we could go to WDW with our DGC's family. As it turns out, they have moved to Florida, and will be coming more on weekends and not for the longer trips that would involve plane tickets. Living in Florida, they have more opportunities for swimming, their community has a wonderful pool complex, and our DVC points are needed for quite as many on site stays with them as before. Otherwise, I most likely would have stayed at BWV standard view for the meet!

Both my VWL and BCV contracts ended up being double what I originally wanted. With VWL the contract I wanted sat online for about six months with no action. When I finally had money in hand and made the offer, turns out the company listing it wasn't really the broker and it was gone. At the same time, the Timeshare Store had a contract double the size for only 150% of the money, so we made an offer.

Then the announcement came that DVC contracts that closed after March whatever wouldn't have all the perks of other points. That morning I looked at TSS, after months of watching contracts in my UY slip through my hands as I waited to have the money one came up THAT day, but it was double what I wanted. Since time was of the essence, I took it anyways! :rotfl:

Now I can do silly things like use my points for the Disney Collection, rent points, willy nilly and that kind of stuff!

Yeah, it's near the Mary Queen of the Universe church. The Commons is right near it as well, and Vista Way is a little closer to Downtown Disney. The apartments are owned and subsidized by Disney, but are still pretty expensive. I was paying about $320 a month in an apartment with five other girls paying the same amount.

Wow, that is expensive. When we go to church, I'll see if we can find them.

So.....we seem to be set in the date and location.

Who's coming with partners/family?

It'll be me, DH and DS.

As of now, DH is passing on the meet! I'm betting that he joins me either before or after for a few days, since it is F&W time, and our DS's family will join us then, but for the meet, I'll be on my own. Maybe DSis will like to join me. She's met quite a few Disers and is usually ready for another Disney trip!

PS. franandaj, we bought some SSR, VB and HHI points resale before the new resale rules came about. We're finished buying points, just enjoying them now. We bought them just before the announcement. The HHI points took nearly 5 months to finally be ours, but even then we were in the other side of the rule change.

PS. franandaj, we bought some SSR, VB and HHI points resale before the new resale rules came about. We're finished buying points, just enjoying them now. We bought them just before the announcement. The HHI points took nearly 5 months to finally be ours, but even then we were in the other side of the rule change.

That's good that you got in before the "change". Since we're considering Tokyo, I'm glad that all of our points are the good kind. Unless they change the point values dramatically, rooms would be the same cost paying OOP or if I rented my points for $10pp. I'd rather use the points than rent them to someone I don't know.

For the meet it will just be me and Fran. Depending on how much we meet, she may or may not join us all the time.

DDiL & DS just smiled when I mentioned these plans for 2013! They're used to it, though. The cruise was over 18 months away when we booked, now we're down to just a bit less than a year!

My head aint that far yet. Its still in the clouds I get to go.:rotfl2: Not sure yet Dh has been really busy, maybe we can talk about it over labor day weekend when we go to Reno.

Just putting it out there, I might have points to rent if you're interested in staying at a DVC resort. There's time to talk but we have lots of points now and it may seem silly, but I'm not sure we'll be able to use them all each year, so I'm investigating options of people who I know to rent to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter