Real Housewives of New Jersey

I am surprised she went with the puffier skirt, she lost a ton of weight. But the dress is beautiful. Caroline looks beautiful too.

Anyone watch the Teresa Checks In special? Thoughts?
I haven't seen the show yet, but saw the commercials for it. Everytime I see Gia, my heart just breaks for her. I guess it's because my own daughter is her age. What a tough thing to be going through at her age. So unnecessary that her parents have done the things they've done to affect their children in this way. :sad2:

The commercials made me a little sick.....exposing the kids-making them cry on camera
I like the HOusewives...but this is a new low
not watching

I watched. Joe seems to have stepped up to take care of the girls (as he should). The relationship with the Gorga's still appears strained but cordial.

They talk on the phone every day up to 300 minutes a month and email is unlimited I believe. Visits are on the weekends.

It is expected Teresa will come home December 23rd and Joe will begin his sentence in mid-March.

Last edited:
I saw it as well. It was very hard to watch Gia. She is holding up well, but you can tell she is struggling without her mom. Teresa seems to be doing very well and is doing everything she can to stay connected with her family. Joe must be happy Teresa will be home soon, but it will be short lived since he will be going shortly after. They don't seem to have much contact with Melissa and Joe.

I was on twitter last night during the show and I couldn't believe how many people were saying how bad they felt for Joe and Tre. They broke the law. They knew they were breaking the law (I don't buy Tre's story about not knowing what was happening!) and they knew while they were breaking the law that they had 4 daughters at home. It didn't seem to bother them then. They had no regard for their family. It's those girls who are suffering. Their illegal antics have forced Gia to grow up faster than any kid should have to. The only ones that anyone should feel bad for is those girls.

Speaking of Gia, I thought the whole 8th grade dance thing was waaaayyyyy over the top. The makeup and outfit in my opinion was not age appropriate for a 14 year old. I have a 14 year old who went to an 8th grade dance this year. We did hair and makeup but not makeup that would be done on a bride. Just my opinion. A lot of people on twitter were saying they thought she looked cute.

I watched and it was just mindboggling to me. they are supposed to be paying restitution and joe is talking about having to pick up whatever work he can get "to keep food on the table" but they can afford the decorations, food, flowers, hair/make up artists (and was the necklace a gift from Teresa behind bars to go along with the dozen roses? she must be a major couponer behind bars since she's reported to just be earning $1 per day)....for an 8th grade dance????? (and then turn around and do similarly a few days later when she graduated from 8th grade). the comments just floored me-joe talking about how he can't do flipping projects right now because he has to wait till he can put his name on loans and "things" (does he really think he's going to get approved for business loans in the future given the basis of his felony convictions???), how the prison is like a low level spa, their ATTTORNEY saying Teresa is like a mob boss in prison and laughing about it??? joe and Teresa don't take the prison sentences seriously and their attorney seems to back them up on it.

the two youngest girls seem to still be running wild (waiting for one of them to fall off the banister while sliding down) and the behavior:scared1::scared1::faint:

I don't think there was one scene joe didn't have a drink in his hand for-and it continued on for the wwhl segment. he looked pretty sloshed.

someone needs to give joe notes so he keeps his 'comments' consistent-on the today show he said he feels responsible for Teresa's incarceration, on wwhl he blamed joe gorga (LOVED andy cohen's reaction when joe kept going on about it and getting angrier and angrier-would have loved to seen what transpired when they cut to commercial), on the show he/others say the younger girls don't know mom is actually in prison but on wwhl he fesses up that all 4 know the real deal, on the show he says he doesn't want to/cant bring himself to sleep in the marital bed without Teresa but on wwhl he says that he went back to the marital bed b/c the tv broke in the room with the sofa he was sleeping on:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:(his love to Teresa comes second to nothing-except his love for watching television:crazy::crazy:) my god he's a publicist's nightmare.

anyone else floored by what I guess is a memorial to joe's dad in the back yard of the house? I understand he was close to his dad, but his dad passed when all the s-storm was occurring and the writing was on the wall as far as losing that house-so are they going to leave it there when it's foreclosed on?

just like the prosecutors of their criminal case watched the show and got lots of dirt to prepare for their case I have to imagine prison officials at Danbury along with prosecutors/irs who would like to pursue further charges are watching this 3 part special b/c these people don't know when to shut up and keep a low profile.

Yes, Joe Giudice blaming Joe Gorga for Teresa being in jail was crazy. He was mad because Joe Gorga said he blamed Joe Giudice first.

Yes, Joe Giudice blaming Joe Gorga for Teresa being in jail was crazy. He was mad because Joe Gorga said he blamed Joe Giudice first.

Exactly! Who else is there to blame? I'm sure Teresa would agree with her husband and will blame it joe and melissa. Which is ridiculous. It was rather uncomfortable watching that on WWHL. Joe Guidice is crazy if he doesn't think people are going to blame him. I wonder what Teresa's parents really think of him.

One part actually made me laugh out loud. When Joe was talking to Rosie about how he could only visit Teresa twice a month because he is a felon, he said something like, "I guess you gotta follow the rules, know what I mean?" All I could think was that if he HAD followed the rules he would not be in this mess!!! I don't know how Rosie could keep a straight face.

As for the roses, I am sure Bravo bought them on Teresas behalf to try to make Gia cry.

Exactly! Who else is there to blame? I'm sure Teresa would agree with her husband and will blame it joe and melissa. Which is ridiculous. It was rather uncomfortable watching that on WWHL. Joe Guidice is crazy if he doesn't think people are going to blame him. I wonder what Teresa's parents really think of him.

His reasoning was so odd. Something about being on the show so it was her brother's fault. I couldn't even figure out what he meant.

Melissa said on the show, she offers to drive the kids to school and pick them up. Then she made a comment that she does this often. I think I read somewhere that things are a little better between the families.

His reasoning was so odd. Something about being on the show so it was her brother's fault. I couldn't even figure out what he meant.
I never understand anything he says because he can't complete a sentence without saying "whatever" or "know what I mean".

I'm just glad her summer house near my parents' summer house was foreclosed upon and the whole trashy family is outta there. Hopefully property values will go up with the riff raff gone.

I know someone who went to a couple Theresa events- book signing and a "Nightclub appearance' where admission got you a pic with her. This person went WITH Theresa's cousin and remarked how snobby and unfriendly Tre was at these things.....this was a couple years ago before the financial scandal/

I just saw a promo clip for the upcoming season of RHNJ. It was of Teresa coming home, after getting out of prison. I understand she's a reality "star", but it makes me a little sick that what should have been ONLY about seeing her children, was filmed for a stupid TV show.

I admit I watch all the Housewives series, except Atlanta (because I just couldn't take all that screaming over each other anymore), and they are my guilty pleasure. But I know I will not be watching the new season of New Jersey.

I just saw a promo clip for the upcoming season of RHNJ. It was of Teresa coming home, after getting out of prison. I understand she's a reality "star", but it makes me a little sick that what should have been ONLY about seeing her children, was filmed for a stupid TV show.

I admit I watch all the Housewives series, except Atlanta (because I just couldn't take all that screaming over each other anymore), and they are my guilty pleasure. But I know I will not be watching the new season of New Jersey.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear ya'! For some of these ladies, this has been their lifeblood and a substantial paycheck from what I've heard. For Teresa this has especially been the case, and her family is most likely desperate for money in the face of legal bills and her husband off to prison. As awful as the reunion of mother and children seems, it is just another paycheck for her. And there will be plenty of people ready to watch it.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear ya'! For some of these ladies, this has been their lifeblood and a substantial paycheck from what I've heard. For Teresa this has especially been the case, and her family is most likely desperate for money in the face of legal bills and her husband off to prison. As awful as the reunion of mother and children seems, it is just another paycheck for her. And there will be plenty of people ready to watch it.

This is my thought as well. She is going to use this situation to benefit and make money. My FB feed is full of articles and excerpts from her book that she wrote about the whole experience. It is coming out soon, if it isn't out already. This is her job, she is a reality star. I can bet that episode will be very highly rated. She is going to strike while the iron is hot so to speak and do what she can to make as much money as she can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter