Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by minniebeth, Oct 15, 2010.

1. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Did anyone watch the premiere last night?
    What did you think and will you watch this new series?

I didn't get a chance to see it last night, but I dvr'd it~
    I'm interested (why not, I watch all the others :goodvibes) because I loved, loved, loved, Kim Richards when I was a child. I loved all the movies she was in and loved watching "Nanny and the Professor".
    And...I had no idea she was Paris Hilton's aunt.

Should be interesting!:happytv:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jrmasm

jrmasm <font color=blue>Last time I checked, it was still

I would like to thank Kim Richards for reminding me that its ok to care around a few extra pounds. You need a little fat to hold up your face. :lmao:

4. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

Its funny, I knew she was Paris Hiltons aunt because she is sisters with her mom Kathy, that was the only reason I DIDN'T watch the show. I figured I get enough of these kind of people with the Kardashians, I didn't need a Hilton over load! DD watches all the E! shows so we get lots of the Kardashians!!!

5. Xcited4Disney

Xcited4Disney DIS Veteran

I saw it. I think I'm going to like this season a lot! Much better than that snooze DC housewives.

6. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

I thought it was a hoot when Camille said she had 4 nannies and then quickly added, "Don't judge me!"

7. Bella_Tink

Bella_Tink DIS Veteran

Oh man I missed it!!! I will have to catch it when they replay it. The only "Housewives" shows I like are the Orange County and New Jersey ones. Hopefully I can add Beverly Hills to that! :)

8. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

I enjoyed it surprisingly. The women were all, what you see is what you get.

Which housewife was talking about surrogates so she didn't have to experience pregnancy? I thought that was selfish.

9. brittsmum1998

brittsmum1998 <font color=blue>just a shallow excuse to subscrib

I think it was Camille (kelsey Grammar's wife).

I loved it. I only watch NY but I am looking forward to this one. They were all on "Watch What Happens" w/ Andy Cohen after the premiere.

10. malibuconlee

malibuconlee <font color=red>OOH - I think I've finally figured

Nothing was said about it in the episode, but I believe Camille used a surrogate due to health issues. Not just because she didn't want to be pregnant.

11. Cinerbelle

Cinerbelle Mouseketeer

It was Camille, while they were on the plane.

The fact that she has 4 nanny's sounds crazy to me for 2 kids...

12. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

I watched. I think it is better than DC. Are two of the housewives sisters?

13. Cinderelly5507

Cinderelly5507 DIS Veteran

Yes, Kyle and Kim Richards. There is a third sister--Kathy--who is Paris Hilton's mom.

14. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

Ok, that is what I thought. I had taken my night time medicine which includes a sleeping pill and pain reliever so I was sort of out of it

15. Molliday

Molliday Mouseketeer

I watched it! Kim Richards was a huge snooze fest.

16. njprincess601

njprincess601 DIS Veteran

I watched! I liked it but not as much as the OC Housewives. I think those shows are going to be compared a lot considering they are within an hour of each other. I think this show is going to be really good and much better than the DC Housewives.

I really liked Kyle Richards. She's my favorite as of now.

17. RUDisney

RUDisney <font color=teal>Mom to Ivan & Kristina<br><font c

Isn't it just as selfish to want a baby so much that you go through IVF? What difference does it make how someone constructs their family? Everyone makes their family the way they want to make it happen.

BTW, I adopted my kids so I wouldn't have to experience pregnancy. I guess I'm selfish, too.

In every case, including being pregnant yourself, it is a roll of the dice that everything will work out. A surrogate could change her mind and not want to give up the baby, IVF may not work and adoptions can fall through. Why would you judge someone who wants to grow their family in the way that they see as the best fit for themselves?

18. Anjelica

Anjelica Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

I think the way they portrayed it wasn't the whole truth. They made it seem like she did it for vanity reasons and not due to health, etc. I think that may be the confusion some folks are having with what she stated and even Taylor's remarks afterwards - at no point did they state it was due to health reasons.

19. mhsjax

mhsjax DIS Veteran

I think they made it sound like she didn't want to carry the baby for vanity reasons and yes that is selfish. IVF, I don't think is selfish, you are still carrying the baby and maybe that is the only way you can have one. As for you, and adopting, I don't care for what reason you do it, adopting is never selfish. But having someone else carry the baby to term because you don't want to damage your figure, then yep that is maybe not selfish, but way beyond any definition of vain.

PS And with the editing of these shows, I bet that is wasn't for vanity. She probably had some type of health reason for it.

20. SunnyP4Disney

SunnyP4Disney Mouseketeer

The money these women have put the OC and Jersey Housewives to shame. These chicks have bank and their homes are to die for!

21. HonnyDipp

HonnyDipp DIS Veteran

I recently started watching the RH shows. I started off with NJ, DC and now I'm getting into Atlanta. But last night, I couldnt get through the first 15 minutes of BH. Those chicks are TOO fake! When Camille Grammer said she had 4 nannies, for 2 kids, I was done. Does she even have a career? I get it, she's a dancer, but seriously, 4 nannies? For 2 kids? I can't do it, I immediately deleted it from my DVR, can't do it!