Ready to start Atkins

Muppet

Yes this is what I look like.....
Ok.

I asked for advice on starting Atkins a while ago. I've since bought the book and read it about 3 times. I've read all through the threads with Atkins on here and checked out the recommended websites. I have about 100 printed sheets from the internet including recipies etc.

So I think I'm ready.

Induction, meat, eggs and some cheese not too much. Loads of water and maybe just one can of diet coke a day. Some veggies.

So a few q's

Flavoured rotissery chicken from supermarket. Is this ok to eat,I do like the barbeque one.

When I have my little salad, do I put full fat dressing on it in the induction phase? and is the blue cheese dressing ok?

Do I eat three meals a day only? Or can I have a meaty snack if I get hungry?

I also thought since all your sucess stories were what triggered me in to trying this diet I would give you updates to see how I'm doing as without your info I wouldn't know where to start.

Shelley, going in to unknown territory!

Shelley,

Welcome to Atkins!!! LOL

As to the rottisierie chicken, only the un-flavored straight chicken will work, the BBQ has LOADS of sugar in it!

Full fat dressing is fine, only the CARBS matter, Marie's makes a delicious ZERO carb bleu cheese.

You can eat as many meals per day as it takes to stay on plan, just watch the carbs. The doctor says in the book to never go more than 6 waking hours without a meal.

It has worked wonderfully for me so far, and I hope you find success as well!!

:D

John answered your questions beautifully. I just wanted to wish you success. I love this way of eating. :)

DH and I just discovered Ken's Creamy Ceasar Dressing with no carbs and no sugar and GREAT taste!!

Beware of sugar it lurks everywhere! Even when using botteled seasonings!

Good luck!!

Good luck Muppet! Make sure you get your WISH clipart! :) I hope we see you here often and that you post about your magnificent weight loss results so we can share in your victory!!!!!

Hi Muppet, welcome to WISH. Grab your clipart and join us.

I'm hoping you won't have any carbohydrate withdrawal. I didn't but my husband did.

This is the easiest eating plan I've ever followed and we got really quick results.

I'm so glad you decided to join us here on WISH. Visit everyday, it really helps keep me motivated to visit WISH.

Katholyn

Thanks for all you kind words. I had chicken (plain thanks John;) )
for lunch. Tonight I'm having beef with broccoli and cauilflower.

Good job my office is close to the toilet. I feel very slushy from all the water I've drank.

Hi Shelley aka Muppet,

Another Shelley here. I started Atkins on Monday and was afraid to post. The last time I did I only made it two days before going off and felt a little ashamed. This time, like you, I did more research and really planned for it. From the lurking that I've done here on the WISH board, the support I've seen has been wonderful.

SO....{holding nose and jumping in} here I go......

I think I'll go get my WISH clippie. Many thanks to those who have posted all their Atkins wisdom and recipes....please keep it coming!

Here's to the losers!!

Hi Shelley

I don't feel a 100% clued to it yet BUT Rhonda did some sample menus so that was a big help. Still a bit confused on the amout of carbs in things. But the more meat fish and eggs etc is the better and hopefully these nice people will tell where not to go wrong.

My chap is soo happy about me doing this diet as he deems it as proper food!

Muppet - remember that it's very important for you to get your 3 cups of salad veggies a day! (Or 2 cups of salad plus 3/4 cup other vegetable). You won't stay healthy if you skip this! This is where you will get most of your 20 carbs from during Induction. It's important to get 20 carbs! A lot of people start out thinking that if they stay under 20 carbs it's better - but it's not! You will lose faster if you get the recommended amount of carbs, and you will also feel better!

Good luck! :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter