Ready, Set, Let the Games Begin! - Link to new PTR/TR!

Subbing :)

I love the timber floors in the apartment. Were they under the carpet the whole time or are they newly laid?

WOW! The differences are huge! The tile looks so nice in the bathroom and the kitchen and the laminate (wood?) floor in the bedrooms/living room look so comfy. Great job!

I'll be back to respond to you all individually but we ain't movin in on first street.

Although they didn't dis allow our addition, they did not allow the one we submitted. We can "work" with their committee to find a solution, but after the hearing tonight, we don't want to live on 1st street . Evidently Fran's father burned so many bridges that we don't even want to live there. The people hate us so much we would rather send in renters than live there.

Nice job on the remodel and having the second apartment rented.:thumbsup2

Next time we see you I'll tell you the story of what happened to the pink toilet from our house during our 1993 remodel, lets just say it ended up in many little pieces before going to the dumpster.:rotfl2:

Ugh. You folks wouldn't believe the HATE that went on at the commission. Evidently her father did a lot of un approved improvements and these people seriously documented them. I HATE them. They totally held them back until tonight. I think we will rent these units to viable tenants with bit dogs who are not so good about cleaning up. ALSP BEING in a rock band will be key!

I am so sorry! You would think that people would realize that wasn't you guys....

I mean what in the world were the improvements that would cause that kind of reaction? Sounds like you were blindsided and that's just horrible. I am so so sorry.

I'm SO sorry Alison! My heart is breaking for both of you. :hug:

Hey, I'm glad that before we put a bunch o money in here we know the feeling towards us. We are mor likely to rent to a less than you know what family or one with a big *** dog.. In fact we are likely to do that!

I wouldn't want to stay either and I can't stand backstabbing people. It always amazes me how people seem to think they have the right to control other peoples lives, and if they protest it all should go their way. Be patient and the right place will come up for sale and then you can put your personal touches to it.

I am so sorry! You would think that people would realize what wasn't you guys....

I mean what in the world were the improvements that would cause that kind of reaction? Sounds like you were blindsided and that's just horrible. I am seven o so sorry.

Even beyond the "his Majesty" problems we were going way beyond what they would have allotted. We were asking for a 50% increase and no one told us that was not allowed. We could turn the whole thing into a home, but after the people who talked tonight, we don't want to be their neighbors, Thank you.

Good night!

Hey Alison and Fran. Sorry that the meeting didn't go well but maybe you dodged a bullet there. Like you say you want to live in a nice house and with nice neighbours. Not these narrow minded judgemental lot. Fancy judging you two on your FIL's behaviour. Omg I imagine having to live in the legacy of our parents!

So I am sorry but mostly for the neighbours because they have missed out on a lovely couple living in their street who would have increased the house prices because the changes they made to the house would have been awesome.

You will find your chocolate box cottage as say in England ( dream home ). I you will be glad you didn't buy that one. They will sit there and get more and more bitter. Like a beer getting warm in the sun.

Alison - I'm so sorry for you and Fran. I know you'll eventually come to terms with it; but it must really really hurt right now to experience the bile that must have been there in the committee room. You and Fran have invested a bit of time and energy into those plans and I wish it all worked out for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Alison and Fran. Sorry that the meeting didn't go well but maybe you dodged a bullet there. Like you say you want to live in a nice house and with nice neighbours. Not these narrow minded judgemental lot. Fancy judging you two on your FIL's behaviour. Omg I imagine having to live in the legacy of our parents!

So I am sorry but mostly for the neighbours because they have missed out on a lovely couple living in their street who would have increased the house prices because the changes they made to the house would have been awesome.

You will find your chocolate box cottage as say in England ( dream home ). I you will be glad you didn't buy that one. They will sit there and get more and more bitter. Like a beer getting warm in the sun.

:thumbsup2

Oh Alison! Opened my computer just to see your news. They definitely missed out on a lovely couple - that's for sure.

Do they have any idea what kind of potluck heaven they missed? ;) :flower3: Do they?

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So bloody frustrating. alsdfjkadsklfjldsfjldskfjskldfjadsklfj!!!!!!!!! That was for you and Fran.

Paula said it perfectly - bitter breeds and it's not your sh!t to carry.

Hey I was wondering if we could meet up with you guys? I see you are in MK on 30th September. Day before my birthday! Would we be able to perhaps do a quick meet and say hello? Sadly I'm not able to commit to much time as my health is bad and I get very tired but I cherish the time I do get with lovely people andI just know we are gonna love you and all on these thread. I would love to meet you. Let me know if this is possible. Maybe sometime in the afternoon. I can't generally eat with folks too many dietary requirements but I can do coffee's/teas / sodas etc. or just a meet and greet! if I could intrude on your valuable time that would be an honour. Paula and Jo xx

Alison, I am so very sorry that the meeting went poorly and that you basically got ambushed. I can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking. :hug:

I know you and Fran will be able to build the home you want in a far more accepting and wonderful neighborhood. It's THEIR loss, not yours! They have no idea on what fantastic people they're missing out on.

Aside from actual house plan being too much to add on, what an unfair situation!

If I had to carry the sins of my folks, I'd be living on an island somewhere. ;)

So sorry. :grouphug: Hopefully this turns out to be a blessing in disguise and you can get a house in a great, accepting neighborhood. You all are much too nice to deal with the narrow-minded, vindictive neighbors.

Jill in CO

Alison and Fran I am so angry for you I could scream You know I have recently experienced the way people can treat us so unfairly Its despicable

All I can do is tell you let it out anyway you can, go drive to a beach or something and just scream or pound your fist in the sand or take a gallon of paint and throw it on a tarp or go get some cheap dishes and smash them all into a garbage can

I certainly can relate to the thinking you want to retaliate by putting less than stellar tenants in there That's the emotions, well founded,
talking and that would only come back and bite you You have worked too hard to have it get thrown away

I know the stages of emotions you are going to go through with this, its cyclic like the stages of grief Just when you think the anger has subsided it will return It will take time

In the meanwhile come to grips that it happened If they hold this much hostility from the past with Fran's father that is where it has to be left ..in the past

These are small minded people that are going through life with small mindedness and prejudices When you find your forever home you will look back and see the blessing that this was that you did not have to live on 1st street I know that sounds easier said than done

Anger can, and will, eventually make you physically ill I have done that to myself more times than I would like to admit Some weeks I have to remind myself of that on a daily basis

Look at each other, feel the love You have each other and you are blessed with a life full of opportunities and experiences Take pity on the ones that have hurt you They have no power over the life you have..don't give it to them by being upset and miserable Then they win

It will all work out Remember the best revenge is success !

Ugh. You folks wouldn't believe the HATE that went on at the commission. Evidently her father did a lot of un approved improvements and these people seriously documented them. I HATE them. They totally held them back until tonight. I think we will rent these units to viable tenants with bit dogs who are not so good about cleaning up. ALSP BEING in a rock band will be key!

Alison, I am so sorry to see this. I have no idea what to say, except you are better off not being around them and dealing with them and their hatred. I am glad you found out before you moved in there, how they felt.

Hugs my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter