"Ready Are You?" - Maintaining Rebel Challenge Legacy - A Continuous Journal - Update 5/29

Woohoo for both getting registered for Darkside. I'm excited to see how the courses end up as we're in for the Challenge too, it was nice with registration not being crazy nutso like Wine & Dine or when I did Dumbo last year it went in 20 minutes. Yoga looks nuts, I'm impressed with anyone who does it!!

This was definitely the most I've celebrated a birthday in years! I guess 30 is one of those you can get away with that. Next year will be a lot less exciting!

I have the Playful Pink one (I wore it for Princess) The skirts can get addicting. I have 7 now - 1 that is a race only skirt (White Linen w/ BB8 Embellishment) - the 3 Group Customs I just received, another Group Custom called WaveRunner, PurplePlaid, HighlandFling and the PlayfulPink.

With the size with them - follow their size guide! In most workout clothes, I'm pretty much an XL. For some reason, with Sparkleskirts, I'm a L. I had bought an XL for my first skirt (Fiesta) and it just didn't work well! It kept falling off my bum! I was able to sell it though on FB for a decent price.

You could always try to buy a used one through one of the groups online or their sale sections as they are expensive!

That is awesome mileage for far for the year! Keep it up! You are going to do great!

Thanks for the skirt advice! I hadn't even thought about buying a used one. I've never ran in a skirt but think they are super cute! I hope it won't bug me. Maybe I should buy a name brand to train in?! I'm also thinking the swing style for movement? I will definitely follow your advice for sizing too!

I totally admire your ambition with all these races! I feel like I can run a 5K and 10K all day long but training in this summer heat makes me so nervous for the half! I guess that's why I set a goal, right?!....to challenge myself! Ahhh!

I've been in rural upstate NY all summer running back roads and along the lake so I think I'm going to join a running club next month when I get home because I have no one but my treadmill to run with and I'm hitting the lengthy long runs 10, 11, 12 miles ugh! I'd hate to do that alone! Just rambling...sorry! Lol

Woohoo for both getting registered for Darkside. I'm excited to see how the courses end up as we're in for the Challenge too, it was nice with registration not being crazy nutso like Wine & Dine or when I did Dumbo last year it went in 20 minutes. Yoga looks nuts, I'm impressed with anyone who does it!!

I am wondering how the courses will end up. I just hope we don't end up with the death march area that is Mile 10 to 12 of Princess/WDW Half as I really hate that stretch of road! I find it amazing that the races still haven't completely sold out!

Yoga can look nuts but what I do like is that it can be as easy or hard as you want or need it to be for that day!

Thanks for the skirt advice! I hadn't even thought about buying a used one. I've never ran in a skirt but think they are super cute! I hope it won't bug me. Maybe I should buy a name brand to train in?! I'm also thinking the swing style for movement? I will definitely follow your advice for sizing too!

I totally admire your ambition with all these races! I feel like I can run a 5K and 10K all day long but training in this summer heat makes me so nervous for the half! I guess that's why I set a goal, right?!....to challenge myself! Ahhh!

I've been in rural upstate NY all summer running back roads and along the lake so I think I'm going to join a running club next month when I get home because I have no one but my treadmill to run with and I'm hitting the lengthy long runs 10, 11, 12 miles ugh! I'd hate to do that alone! Just rambling...sorry! Lol

I would buy one of the name brands for the skirts. Sparkle Skirts are the first brand I found that don't well, slide down my butt when I run unlike some other skirts I tried in the past. I own mostly swings and one vented slim. They work for me. Some people prefer slims or hikers. I think the hikers would be too long for me and would annoy me when running.

The summer heat and humidity is why most of my training lately has been on the treadmill. I just can't deal with temps in the 90s and 80% humidity unless I want to be well super gross and super lower.

Did you end up joining the running club? The running club here in Naples isn't super welcoming to us, well, slow runners. If you are faster than a 9 minute mile - don't bother trying to run with them. I actually stopped doing their races after a few times of feeling put out by them.

You will rock your half!

August Training Update

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 6.48.19 PM.png

Beach Yoga is therapy for my soul. I mean look at the view!

Ydup13H.jpg

Iaz36PB.jpg

When I got my 90 Minute Deep Tissue Massage on the 11th - It really shocked me how deep she went to work out knots I wasn’t aware I had in my trapezoids and spine. It became apparent I had some issues there. I’m glad the knots got worked out but I was in pain for the two days afterwards to the point I decided to skip the gym.

I did finally book our hotel package for Disneyland in January! We’re going to be at the Disneyland Hotel, January 10th to 17th. We only bought 3 day park hoppers as we are going to rent a car and do some other Southern California items this trip like the Warner Brothers Studio Tour and Universal Hollywood and not sure what else yet.

We got rear ended on the 14th in the evening - which left me with a slightly stiff back (my next massage on Sept 2nd should be fun!) so I took it easy on Monday. (We are ok - thank goodness for my husband’s tow hitch that took most of the hit - photos below!)

Xs8KITb.jpg

HRyAuhu.jpg

First week of Hal Higdon’s Novice 2 Plan went well when it started on August 16th for me. I did end up switching my Thursday Run & Friday Rest Day since my husband decided for us to go to dinner & the movies on Thursday evening to see War Dogs.

I had to travel for work across the northern part of the country during Week 2 of training. Left Sunday the 21st to go to Minneapolis for ASQ Training until Tuesday Night when I had to fly to Buffalo, NY where Wednesday, I met up with a coworker and drove over the border to visit a supplier (this got added into my trip on a last minute notice.) Flew home on the 25th. I knew this was going to screw with my training plan a bit. I moved Tuesday’s Run to Monday since I woke up at 4AM Minneapolis time and well there wasn’t much else to do at that time of day! I then ended up walking over 4 miles at the Mall of America Monday evening so that was something. Tuesday I wasn’t able to run due to the timing of things between trying to support the office, my training and then flying. I didn’t arrive at my hotel until 11:30PM where I had to get something emailed for work that was super hot and ended up not getting to bed until almost 1AM. I was meeting my coworker at 6:30AM for us to drive up to Canada so to say I was lacking sleep is an understatement. We had an almost 2 hour drive to our supplier where we spent the day there problem solving and doing an audit (aka mentally taxing) On our way back to Buffalo, it was still sunlight out so I had him drive to Niagara Falls since I had never been. We ended up walking a lot but I don’t know exactly how much (I think somewhere between 2.5 and 3 miles) We stopped by Dinosaur BBQ for dinner afterwards prior to heading back to the hotel. I had full intentions of heading to the gym and running. I called my husband when I got back to the room and his words to me, “You sound like s*** , like absolute exhaustion” I didn’t even realize it but I was. I slept for over 11 straight hours and woke up in time to meet my coworker downstairs for our flight back home. Missed my run! I got home on Thursday Night and once again crashed as I didn’t realize how worn out I was.

OcC3y0X.jpg

Sign at Chino Latino in Minneapolis

Rnoh5cg.jpg

My nerd self really enjoyed this class

O5plD1T.jpg

I go to Mall of America & all I buy are TsumTsums…

Niagara Fall Photos

uq97FoD.jpg

ghajWGV.jpg

91jlIcx.jpg

gmGLO4s.jpg

07KL6A9.jpg

l3yfLGB.jpg

yss3jC4.jpg

Vjksbb4.jpg

Dino BBQ

Week 3 started with well - a really bad work week. I won’t go into all the details but essentially I guess my ‘understanding’ of what it was going to take for me to get my promotion to the next grade level of my job was completely wrong as that is what I expected to get this year in my yearly review. So guess performance and accountability doesn’t really matter. This put me in a bad mood. I really didn’t feel like running on Tuesday but at least I did the bike.

August Miles Ran: 23.73 Miles
2016 Total Miles: 215.34 Miles

I think I'm going to buy a sparkle skirt very soon! That way I can wear it twice.
I have not joined a running club yet, but I did run 12 miles yesterday. Oh my knee! Ugh! I don't know how you run with an ankle injury! I hate it! I felt great until mile 10-11 and had to practically walk! I feel so ready for the half and then this pain! I'm going to try to take it easy until my race sept 24. Did I tell you I signed up for the diva half in my hometown before the wine and dine?! Well, I did! It's my practice half! Lol
Work travel looks exhausting for you, but Niagara Falls and dinosaur bbq look great! My husband and I went to college in Buffalo and we also really like Dino bbq!

My running stats:
Aug: 46 miles
Sept: 12 miles (so far)
2016: 263 miles

I think I'm going to buy a sparkle skirt very soon! That way I can wear it twice.
I have not joined a running club yet, but I did run 12 miles yesterday. Oh my knee! Ugh! I don't know how you run with an ankle injury! I hate it! I felt great until mile 10-11 and had to practically walk! I feel so ready for the half and then this pain! I'm going to try to take it easy until my race sept 24. Did I tell you I signed up for the diva half in my hometown before the wine and dine?! Well, I did! It's my practice half! Lol
Work travel looks exhausting for you, but Niagara Falls and dinosaur bbq look great! My husband and I went to college in Buffalo and we also really like Dino bbq!

My running stats:
Aug: 46 miles
Sept: 12 miles (so far)
2016: 263 miles

That is great to finally dive in on the sparkle skirt! I have some that are race skirts (aka my BB-8 skirt) but most of my others are work horses now and may end up used in costumes but I wear them for beach yoga and all running.

There is no shame in having to walk when you feel like you need it! Take care of that knee! I know how to handle my ankle at this point - I'm super cautious about it in general in day to day life - like I do not wear high heels ever - I will use a heating pad or ice pack as I feel is needed. Seeing as I have to carry my laptop and such to meeting upstairs at work - instead of risking tripping on the stairs, I will take the elevator even though stairs are 'healthier'

Smart move on keeping it easy until your race on Sept 24th! Enjoy your practice half and go in without expectations!

My work travel usually isn't that exhausting - it changed on me the week prior because of the supplier visit that had to happen. It also happened to be around the same time I had a lot of stuff going on with new programs, customers and other support needs. We're also understaffed at the moment and I don't have a true backup outside of my manager who will only handle the most major of issues. This made the trip way more stressful and exhausting than it needed to me. I'm glad I had at least some fun in the midst of all of it or else I would have gone completely insane.

I didn't realize you went to college in Buffalo! Dino BBQ is a nice treat. BBQ in Naples leaves a lot to be desired - there is one decent place but its way out of the way of day to day life so its hard to get out there regularly.

Good luck on race!

That is great to finally dive in on the sparkle skirt! I have some that are race skirts (aka my BB-8 skirt) but most of my others are work horses now and may end up used in costumes but I wear them for beach yoga and all running.

There is no shame in having to walk when you feel like you need it! Take care of that knee! I know how to handle my ankle at this point - I'm super cautious about it in general in day to day life - like I do not wear high heels ever - I will use a heating pad or ice pack as I feel is needed. Seeing as I have to carry my laptop and such to meeting upstairs at work - instead of risking tripping on the stairs, I will take the elevator even though stairs are 'healthier'

Smart move on keeping it easy until your race on Sept 24th! Enjoy your practice half and go in without expectations!

My work travel usually isn't that exhausting - it changed on me the week prior because of the supplier visit that had to happen. It also happened to be around the same time I had a lot of stuff going on with new programs, customers and other support needs. We're also understaffed at the moment and I don't have a true backup outside of my manager who will only handle the most major of issues. This made the trip way more stressful and exhausting than it needed to me. I'm glad I had at least some fun in the midst of all of it or else I would have gone completely insane.

I didn't realize you went to college in Buffalo! Dino BBQ is a nice treat. BBQ in Naples leaves a lot to be desired - there is one decent place but its way out of the way of day to day life so its hard to get out there regularly.

Good luck on race!
Thank you! No expectations!! Great advice!

Oh my gosh.....I got my skirt today and I LOVE IT!!! It fits perfect! So happy!!

Yep, we both went to school in buffalo. Hubby went to UB and I went to a small private school, Daemen.

Thank you! No expectations!! Great advice!

Oh my gosh.....I got my skirt today and I LOVE IT!!! It fits perfect! So happy!!

Yep, we both went to school in buffalo. Hubby went to UB and I went to a small private school, Daemen.

I'm glad you loved your skirt! It can become an addiction!

Hello! Loving all your reports! Just wanted to check in and I say, "I did it!" I finished my first half and with no pain

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you finished your first half and with no pain too! That is amazing! You did it!

@Dis_Yoda I am playing catch up on all journals this week and had to come by and say hi! I love your pictures of Niagra Falls and Tsum Tsums (my house is covered in tiny tsum tsums hiding all over the place...I find them in the couch cushions and under tables and every other place.)

Your food pictures are giving me all kinds of envy...especially those macarons. And I'm very impressed by your yoga moves :)

Congrats on getting into the star wars race and sorry that you are having an injury bug (I think I saw in the Wine n Dine thread that you are, but I've been reading so much random disboards that I apologize if I have that wrong.)

@Dis_Yoda I am playing catch up on all journals this week and had to come by and say hi! I love your pictures of Niagra Falls and Tsum Tsums (my house is covered in tiny tsum tsums hiding all over the place...I find them in the couch cushions and under tables and every other place.)

Your food pictures are giving me all kinds of envy...especially those macarons. And I'm very impressed by your yoga moves :)

Congrats on getting into the star wars race and sorry that you are having an injury bug (I think I saw in the Wine n Dine thread that you are, but I've been reading so much random disboards that I apologize if I have that wrong.)

Hi! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with TsumsTsums everywhere! The Star Wars ones are all in one place - the Marvel ones in another and the other Disney ones in another. My house is such a geek house - our bedroom has 4 pieces of Stitch Artwork + 2 Mickey Mouse Painted Cells + Display Ladder with my Lego Star Wars Builds, Vinylmations, some TsumTsums, Trader Sam Mugs and my husband's video game figures. Our living room/dining room has all our Star Wars Artwork. The Office has all the running metals which are mostly Disney!

You are right - I do have the injury bug. It sucks but such is life :( I just hope when I get back into the yoga/running - it isn't like starting over from square one again.

I got a new pair of kicks! Time to break them in for a 10K 10/16 and then W&D

That's awesome! I hope they work out well for you :)

September Training Update

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 8.50.18 PM.png

September Total: 27.87 miles
2016 Total: 243.21 miles

As I continued Week 3 of my Hal Higdon Training Plan - I switched the Thursday Run & Friday Rest again. Thursday I met my best friend for dinner at Naples Flatbread (so good!) and then I took myself to a special screening of Rob Zombie’s “31” It was mostly the only time it would be shown in theaters in my area of the country as when it has its ‘limited’ release, those usually don’t make their way to Naples. I also don’t mind doing that too often because back to back runs are important with doing the challenge at Wine & Dine! My 60 minute cross training was weird - this was the first time I ever lost feeling in my feet and started feeling it in my butt as well. I made sure I rested well on Labor Day - with using a heating pad on any of my sore areas like my left ankle, left upper thigh, and left shoulder (seriously, what did I do to the left side of my body for it to be in such rough shape 3 days after a deep tissue massage!?!?!?!)

For Week 4, I had a super migraine when leaving work on Tuesday and took a 90 minute nap in the time I should have used to run. Opps! Wednesday, the run in the morning went really well and yoga was good for my soul even if it wasn’t at the beach. Thursday I should have run but again a nap took place. Work is really draining me a lot lately more than usual. I’ve been good and trying to make sure I’ve been taking enough vitamins and iron to ensure it isn’t a deficiency which I don’t think it is. My husband thinks I’m on the verge of depression again but it doesn’t feel like that - it really just feels like overworked exhaustion. My ‘long’ run got cut short this week as I ended up getting rather ill (thank goodness I was on the treadmill at the gym and made it to the bathroom so no embarrassing situations)

I did at least have a girl’s night at Wine & Paint where I really didn’t drink much that night.

KNP3saS.jpg

h7aXNDL.jpg

TqCnd8V.jpg

I altered my plans a lot during Week 5 of my Training Plan for a variety of reasons.

Random Runner Thought: I think running is one of a few sports where it seems to be ok to talk about bodily functions.

to6QZ2g.png

It also it a sport where one has to yell at their significant others when they know better, especially when we live in Southwest Florida, know we have high heat and humidity and still go out and do 7 mile runs without hydration with them. I realize there is a chance it could be because of the walls of the bladder running together because of it being empty, red cells getting through the filters in the kidneys or myoglobin from muscle breakdown. I told him he needs to be better about the water, especially seeing as we have enough 2Ls of Sparkling Water that it never should be an issue.

I also had an opportunity to do yoga in a salt cave with my normal teacher on that Tuesday.

6MYFOo3.jpg

1sR8aTj.jpg

It was a very gentle class and totally worth it!

Beach yoga the next night was very worth it as well especially as the days are getting shorter and the class is now ending near the start of sunset.

KYcWqCR.jpg

I moved the long run to Friday morning before all the drinking I knew I would do that day at EPCOT.

Vf1VHdJ.jpg

I'm not doing a full trip report but rather a dining report for my trips in September & November. The link for that is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/i-...festival-trips-update-9-30-australia.3549889/

g674hqh.jpg

Week 6 Beach Yoga

Running during Week 6 didn’t happen for various reasons between work timing and then I ended up hurting my ‘good’ ankle on Friday. Kinda wish I hadn’t skipped the runs earlier in the week after that since I know I needed to rest that. Maybe it may end up turning out to be a good thing that I didn’t run though like my body was craving rest.

When I got home Friday the 23rd I noticed a sharp pain in my right ankle. I wasn’t sure what happened at first but wasn’t going to risk hurting myself more and I elevated it on the couch and had my husband put ice on it when he got home shortly after since I’m a brat and wanted to be taken care of. Saturday and Sunday - I pretty much didn’t do much overall other than watch all 4 movies of the Aliens Series and see Snowden in the theaters other than bringing my husband and his coworkers food for their physical inventory. Monday at work when I started having to really being on it again, I realized the pain hadn’t changed at all. I knew something had to be up. Luckily I was able to log onto the Blue Cross Blue Shield Website and find a Podiatrist who luckily could take me that afternoon. She looked at my ‘good’ right ankle (and ended up how shocked my ‘bad’ left ankle was) I was banned from running, yoga, all exercise for the time being. I was also fitted for a walking boot. She stated I had to get an X-Ray done before my insurance would allow a MRI. She believed I most likely had a stress fracture and those usually won’t show up on an X-Ray. It was no shock on Tuesday that she called it was negative and I needed to do the MRI. The MRI was on Thursday Afternoon (yay insurance waiting games and approvals!)

I still don’t know the exact results of the MRI and since it is late on a Friday night - it will probably be Monday until I know.

I’m going a bit stir crazy not being able to exercise and it has only been a week. How am I going to burn off my crazy or my stress now?

What I do know now is that Wine & Dine is out for me. I’m behaving to make sure Rebel & Dark Side Challenges are still on so I can maintain my legacy status there. Knowing me, if I end up losing my legacy for Rebel Challenge - my desire to run will pretty much leave the building.​

Oh my gosh, what a September! I'm sorry to hear about your ankle and sad to hear no Wine & Dine! I have such admiration for your ability to run challenges and hope to do one some day. Glad you're listening to your body and taking it easy. You're going to be fully recovered and ready for rebel and dark side!

The yoga looks fun! Love the wine and paint! Laughing at random running thoughts! I can relate....lol

P.s. I hope your mom and stepdad are doing well.

2016 total: 313 miles
September: 56 miles

I'm so sorry to read about your ankle issues. Crossing my fingers that you get good results on your MRI, and that the insurance company cooperates with you!

Your yoga sites look so cool. Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope the MRI is negative. I agree, red pee is bad pee!

Sorry to hear about your ankle! Crossing my fingers for you that its not a stress fracture! Injuries suck!!!!!! Its so frustrating. I understand what you're going through and I hope whatever it is, that you heal quickly!

Oh my gosh, what a September! I'm sorry to hear about your ankle and sad to hear no Wine & Dine! I have such admiration for your ability to run challenges and hope to do one some day. Glad you're listening to your body and taking it easy. You're going to be fully recovered and ready for rebel and dark side!

The yoga looks fun! Love the wine and paint! Laughing at random running thoughts! I can relate....lol

P.s. I hope your mom and stepdad are doing well.

2016 total: 313 miles
September: 56 miles

You'll totally be able to do challenges! Then again I did a challenge as part of my first half marathon but I'm dumb.

I am taking it easy - its so weird not doing anything. That's the hardest part in all this. We renewed Netflix after not having it for almost 2 years and now I'm binge watching Bates Motel! Since deferrals aren't allowed - I'm still picking up my bib for Wine & Dine and just going to walk in the boot (to ensure I'm properly supported) until I'm picked up. Not the decision I wanted to have to make but at least I'll get 2 of my 3 medals for my home collection and I have a story to tell about it.

Good for you for your mileage in September!

~~
My mother and stepfather are doing ok all things considered. The chemotherapy is still working to a point of not allowing anything to spread and the liver cancer did reduce in size but the pancreas is the same. I'm going up there with my husband next weekend so we can better access everything then. Hurricane Matthew also hit St. Augustine hard but they weren't too affected outside their backyard since they were more inland. That didn't stop me from being a nervous wreck for them Friday through this morning.

I'm so sorry to read about your ankle issues. Crossing my fingers that you get good results on your MRI, and that the insurance company cooperates with you!

At least my MRI let me know I wasn't broken - just torn! I'm hoping I'll get some money back from the MRI since I noticed they hadn't taken out the cost of the X-Ray from meeting my deducible with the MRI's charge but if they don't, we can survive without that extra money in the account especially since I'm having to be such a homebody this month and thus not spending money as much as normal.

Your yoga sites look so cool. Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope the MRI is negative. I agree, red pee is bad pee!

I do love my yoga sites! During this injury forced rest - yoga is the part I'm missing the most! I love my mental break!

My husband hasn't repeated his mistake since then at least. I think I scared him into taking better care of himself!

Sorry to hear about your ankle! Crossing my fingers for you that its not a stress fracture! Injuries suck!!!!!! Its so frustrating. I understand what you're going through and I hope whatever it is, that you heal quickly!

It was not a stress fracture! There is a nasty tear though in the Peroneus Brevis/Superior Extensor which well sucks. I'm keeping it immobilized for the most part during the month of October with my super awesome boot since I still have to walk at work and errands and well life. I refuse to wear the boot at home though but seeing as at home I'm pretty much spending my time on the couch resting when I'm not doing a household chore - I'm managing.

October Training Report

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 6.58.51 PM.png

October Miles Ran: 1.52 Miles
2016 Miles Ran: 244.73 miles

So - as you can see October was a bust. I took my recovery seriously for the tear on my good ankle and didn’t want to risk it. I did catch up on a lot of television and binge watched a lot on Netflix. I watched all 3 seasons of Bates Motel on Netflix along with Seasons 1 & 2 of Black Mirror. I like my creepy television :) The DVR is also cleared!

I decided to go with Hal Higdon’s Novice 1 Plan for Rebel Challenge rather than the Novice 2 since I did have 6 weeks off of running. It makes more sense to not try to over do it. I guess this means I will be slightly running during Wine & Dine Weekend before I ask them to sweep me.

So that is my October...here’s to a better November! Only 3 Days Until Disney!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter