"Ready Are You?" - Maintaining Rebel Challenge Legacy - A Continuous Journal - Update 5/29

I am sorry that you had a tough race. They can be very..well..tough. It sounds though that you have come such a long way that even though you know it was tough, it does not deter you. I am sorry you got sick. I did that ~80 yards from the finish of a half. It was a terrible half, I went out so fast, I was running 7:30-8:00 mins miles for the first 8 miles and I thought I was going to kill my PR. Then it hit me and I was struggling the rest of the way, stopping, walking, holding back getting sick, until I couldn't hold it any longer. I still finished under my goal of 2 hrs, but it was awful and I learned the power of pacing. Now I know, the crappy happens with the good. I am so proud of you for continuing on despite how you felt and for looking forward to what is next. That is the inspiration in what you do, moving no matter what!

I was recently criticizing myself for my race photos, but then when I looked closely I saw a person who fought and beat cancer, is stronger inside and out, and is doing something that is benefiting her health. That in and of itself is beautiful So when you see those race pictures, put on a new lens and see someone who fought through a difficult time and is stronger for it! You are beautiful even if you ugly cry at the end of a race (which I have done).

Good for you for resting and getting a massage. My yoga has taken a back seat to running, CrossFit, and Spinning. I was just thinking that I need to work at least 1 day in there. It may be that I start doing it at lunchtime at work.

I'm sorry your half wasn't super magical. I really enjoyed the course (it was only my second Disney half so I'm still in the honeymoon phase) but can see how it could be rough in some spots if it wasn't your day. You should feel great that you mentally won out even if the physical race wasn't your best. Keep at it!

What's next for you runDisney wise?

I'm totally looking forward to running into you sometime too. No pun intended! Lol

I'm sure the girls weekend was a blast. Sorry to hear her wedding was called off...eek!

Today I ran 8 miles. My longest distance yet. It was on the treadmill (which totally sucked) because of the cold rainy weather...ugh. I just wasn't into it at all! I kinda follow Galloway, but I can't find my groove! I run 30 mins on Tuesday and Thursday (usually a 5K) and whatever the long is on Sunday. I never know if I should walk/run from the start or run until I'm tired and then walk/run? I guess there is no right or wrong answer! My knees started killing me today and walk/run definitely allowed me to finish. Idk....I'm still so new to this! Regardless, I ran 8 miles, my pace was 10.48 and it took 1.26hr. It seemed painful at the time, but still a great pace.

March: 50 miles
April: 42 miles (2 weeks off)
May: 8 miles

No pun taken ;)

Its probably a good thing for the wedding to be called off rather than it end in divorce! That is awesome you ran 8 miles on the treadmill! It sometimes is hard to find a groove. I've been playing with my intervals in the few runs I've done this month - I keep going between 10/20 or 15/30 now and it seems to be helping my pace when I keep it it. That is a great time for 8 miles! Keep it up! You are doing some great monthly mileage!

I've read Hal Higdon plans are good, although I'm terrible at actually following any plan, but it seems to get good feedback. Building that base up is so important, some of my local friends that sign up for a half marathon don't get that & try to cram train and then complain, I'm like duh. Hope you find a plan you like! Yeah, Darkside will be cool, I want to be a sarlaac pit, hat!

I'm also terrible at following plans despite the best intentions...I looked at Hal Higdon plans and I like them. I think its what I'm going to end up using going forward as it stresses the importance of cross training unlike Galloway's Plans...

I have friends that have done the same and I'm just like what? One of them ran the Naples Half Marathon in 2014 and made the office smell like Menthol for a week as she was in bad bad shape!

Being a sarlaac pit would be really cool! You should totally go for it!

I am sorry that you had a tough race. They can be very..well..tough. It sounds though that you have come such a long way that even though you know it was tough, it does not deter you. I am sorry you got sick. I did that ~80 yards from the finish of a half. It was a terrible half, I went out so fast, I was running 7:30-8:00 mins miles for the first 8 miles and I thought I was going to kill my PR. Then it hit me and I was struggling the rest of the way, stopping, walking, holding back getting sick, until I couldn't hold it any longer. I still finished under my goal of 2 hrs, but it was awful and I learned the power of pacing. Now I know, the crappy happens with the good. I am so proud of you for continuing on despite how you felt and for looking forward to what is next. That is the inspiration in what you do, moving no matter what!

I was recently criticizing myself for my race photos, but then when I looked closely I saw a person who fought and beat cancer, is stronger inside and out, and is doing something that is benefiting her health. That in and of itself is beautiful So when you see those race pictures, put on a new lens and see someone who fought through a difficult time and is stronger for it! You are beautiful even if you ugly cry at the end of a race (which I have done).

Good for you for resting and getting a massage. My yoga has taken a back seat to running, CrossFit, and Spinning. I was just thinking that I need to work at least 1 day in there. It may be that I start doing it at lunchtime at work.

Tough Races happen sadly. My husband had that lesson about pacing at the Memorial Day Race in 2015 - similar to you. You are right - crappy happens with the good. We all have those days.

That is awesome you are able to look back at your photos and see how awesome you look. You are amazing for having beat cancer!

I just avoid looking at my photos after the initial look as we don't buy them - although with the new passes I guess I'll be getting them for free when I renew my AP.

I think if it wasn't for my yoga - my mind would go crazy. I just really love my teacher!

I'm sorry your half wasn't super magical. I really enjoyed the course (it was only my second Disney half so I'm still in the honeymoon phase) but can see how it could be rough in some spots if it wasn't your day. You should feel great that you mentally won out even if the physical race wasn't your best. Keep at it!

What's next for you runDisney wise?

I am happy I finished the race mentally!

Next runDisney is the Wine & Dine Challenge this fall and we'll do Rebel Challenge & Dark Side Challenge in 2017. What are your next races?

May Training Update

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 8.47.47 PM.png

May started off with my debating on how to continue my training. I looked at a few different training plans online, particularly ones for a 15K/10 Miler. I’ve read good things about Hal Higdon’s plans here on the disboards and figured a non Run Disney race would be a good one to try it out on. Then week 1 got away from me for various reasons like having a Cinco De Mayo dinner with friends and then May 7th, the day my friend was supposed to get married, wanted to go out as she didn't want to be alone.

WH1mumv.jpg

Pn4VAlr.jpg

0ofbEAF.jpg

wC5197R.jpg

Don’t Buy Shots!

May 8th - I had an event with my husband’s work to see Captain America: Civil War…

3ubSZr7.jpg

Then Week 2…

Then Week 3....although the only thing that happened special that week was a Sushi Cooking Class at Roy’s Hawaiian

RWXrc96.jpg

dD3owTT.jpg

Beach Yoga

Then life kinda exploded on me.

My mother called me that her husband was in severe pain and went to the hospital. Then began a series of tests and it was determined to be cancer. More scopes and tests were done and it has been determined it is Stage 4 Liver Cancer stemming from the Pancreas (apparently Liver Cancer is usually a secondary cancer)

This has hit her hard as it seemingly has degraded really fast for his quality of life. I have to be the emotionless sounding board for her to keep her calm on the phone. I’ll be going up in 2 weeks to assist. I haven’t had any motivation to really work out and I just feel emotionally exhausted - like take at least an hour or two nap everyday exhausted. Luckily, my husband is being really supportive about all of this.

My husband and I had the Memorial Day 10K set for May 30th - when I got to the race I knew I wasn’t anywhere near ready to attempt to complete a 10K. I stepped down to the 5K and my husband did the 10K. We both had terrible races for ourselves…my mind wasn’t there from the family issues and my husband had an issue after Mile 4 where his heart rate jumped up past max and freaked him out and then when he slowed down - his knee started hurting him. As he completed his first 5K at a 9 minute pace - he was close to a 12 minute pace for the 2nd half. He was really disappointed but such is life. We still really like this race though as it is a great set up and it goes to the Veterans in the Charlotte County. They also started a 5 Year Race Series this year so if we do the race each year - we’ll get some awesome bling! This year’s bling was pretty cool as well as it was an Apache Helicopter!

I completed my 5K in 51:12 - my husband did his in 1:06:58

vaBTlBe.jpg

May Mileage: 12.45 miles
2016 Mileage: 181.33 Miles

Thank you as usual for the running support and advise you offer and congrats on your race regardless of distance/time....You still did it! More importantly, I'm thinking of and will pray for your moms husband. I lost my father to lung cancer three years ago and it's devastating. It's also difficult to be a strong support to a mom who needs it, so stay strong and take care of yourself too. I'm thinking of you!

So sorry to hear about your mom's husband! You and your family are in my thoughts. :hug:

O-M-G! I ran today for the first time in 4 weeks and about died! I'm so out of shape and my knees killed me! This may seem like a really silly question, but does anyone have a specific warm up/stretching routine or do you just do whatever? I feel like I just do whatever and it must be my problem. It's not working! Not to mention, I've don't nothing for a mo the so I lost tone and quad strength. Just needed to vent.

I'm catching up on everything now, very sorry to hear about your mom's husband, cancer definitely sucks. I can't even imagine the toll of all the stress but I'm sure things will get better for you and you will have time to relax when you go to Hawaii next month! Looking forward to your trip report as we booked a Hawaii vacation for October and i'm looking forward to your dining reviews. It's not Aulani but still it's Hawaii and I think I have convinced my husband to do Disney World and a short Disney Cruise in 2017 (fingers crossed). Take Care!

Thank you as usual for the running support and advise you offer and congrats on your race regardless of distance/time....You still did it! More importantly, I'm thinking of and will pray for your moms husband. I lost my father to lung cancer three years ago and it's devastating. It's also difficult to be a strong support to a mom who needs it, so stay strong and take care of yourself too. I'm thinking of you!

Thank you! I am glad I did it even if I did step back in distance - still got a cool medal out of it! Thank you for your prayers. Sorry to hear about your father. My husband lost his father to small cell lung cancer also three years ago - which is why he's been a good rock for me as I help as I can with my mother. He's been super helpful and ordered some better tasty protein powder for me to bring up when I went to St. Augustine along with a couple of things for my step-father to try to make sure he keeps up his protein intake despite not wanting to eat anything. It totally has helped make it a bit less of a struggle.

So sorry to hear about your mom's husband! You and your family are in my thoughts. :hug:

Thank you :)

O-M-G! I ran today for the first time in 4 weeks and about died! I'm so out of shape and my knees killed me! This may seem like a really silly question, but does anyone have a specific warm up/stretching routine or do you just do whatever? I feel like I just do whatever and it must be my problem. It's not working! Not to mention, I've don't nothing for a mo the so I lost tone and quad strength. Just needed to vent.

I truly get that! I barely ran in June and I'm sure once I run in July - its going to be bad as well (although the heat doesn't help)

I don't do a specific warm up/stretching. I just make sure I haven't eaten anything in at least 2 hours and start out slow before going a bit faster in my intervals. I don't stretch until afterwards as cold stretching can actually be damaging to muscles versus when they are warmed up. Its one of the reasons why most yoga classes start out slow until you get warmed up and you do the more difficult poses 1/2 to 2/3rds into class - or at least the teachers I go to do it that way.

I'm catching up on everything now, very sorry to hear about your mom's husband, cancer definitely sucks. I can't even imagine the toll of all the stress but I'm sure things will get better for you and you will have time to relax when you go to Hawaii next month! Looking forward to your trip report as we booked a Hawaii vacation for October and i'm looking forward to your dining reviews. It's not Aulani but still it's Hawaii and I think I have convinced my husband to do Disney World and a short Disney Cruise in 2017 (fingers crossed). Take Care!

Cancer totally sucks. Hawaii was the thing that got me through June - I'm sure I annoyed everyone at work whenever it was something particularly stressful, I stated the amount of days until I left for vacation.

Thats awesome you've booked Hawaii for October! Where are you staying? I hope you get to do Disney World & a Cruise in 2017 - we haven't planned much of 2017 yet outside of the Star Wars Races (so Disneyland in January and Disney World in April) - I'm sure we'll have more weekend trips to WDW but those are easy trips with being 3 hours away and DVC. I'm waiting to see how much my bonus is in August as we may do Italy in October 2017 but we may hold off until 2018 depending on things.

June Training Report

Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 2.16.33 AM.png

As you can all see, the first half of June was pretty much an exercise detox for me. Between getting sick with Bronchitis and dealing with helping with my mother & stepfather, exercise just wasn’t my priority. I did at least do my yoga on Wednesday though as that teacher is my favorite part of the week! I was sad when it was cancelled on June 1st thanks to the horrible rain and her inability to host at her house b/c her son was sick.

Star Wars Registration

June 7th was probably the most easy experience I’ve had signing up for a race on opening day. I had chrome and IE open at work for the noon opening for AP/DVC registration. As DVC didn’t get the link up quickly, I went through the AP link (which luckily is still available on my account with my husband’s AP as mine expired May 1st) I was able to quickly get myself and my husband signed up with no server issues! It seems like this year the Rebel Challenge and Star Wars Half aren’t as popular as it has been in years past.

We still need to decide for sure on the hotel. It is like a $100 a night difference between Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel and we’ll be there for a week.

St. Augustine - Disney Springs Travels Home

On June 12th, I drove home from my long weekend helping my mother in St Augustine (plus I think she just needed me there for emotional support) The drive from St Augustine to Naples is long, at least when driving solo. I stopped at Disney Springs around 10:00AM to get a break during the drive as I wanted to pick up cupcakes from Sprinkles and grab lunch/brunch. I love the new town center at Disney Springs!

Sprinkles wasn’t crowded at all but then again it was 10AM on a Sunday Morning.

RXPNkSLl.jpg

Watching Them Decorate

I picked up a six pack + pup cakes for the dogs. They were really happy with it once I got home that afternoon, just look at them! My husband and I really liked the three we got to have.

sdNz7aPl.jpg

JQDdz9ul.jpg

Ou2gwJEl.jpg

It was 10:20AM when I was through with Sprinkles so my options for lunch turned into Brunch options - so I went to the bar at Raglan Road to order off their Sunday Brunch menu. I was alone up there but the bartender was really attentive and made time go by fast! I stuck with only one cocktail as I did have a 3 hour drive home - I also had multiple glasses of water! My food was super tasty as I was craving protein and these two dishes totally hit the spot with the garlicy shrimp and super tender ribs.

0zlkEsUl.jpg

Blood Orange Bourbon - Bulleit Bourbon, Nolet’s Gin, San Pellagrino Blood Orange

KsVjFpVl.jpg

Kiss Before Shrimp - Pan Seared Florida Coast Shrimp in a Garlic & Chili Lemon Butter Sauce

HhemDJfl.jpg

Heaven on Earth - Baby Back Ribs Tossed in Guinness Glaze

1500 South

If any of you have been following the new restaurants opening at Disney Springs, you may know Art Smith is opening a new place there called Homecoming. Well, about 2 months ago, he opened a new place in Naples as well at the Naples Bay Resort. If my experience here was any clue on how good Homecoming will be, it will be an amazing meal! Every single one of us loved our meal and totally overate as we couldn’t leave anything behind on our plates as it was that good. We also lucked out that Art Smith was actually at the restaurant as he is summering in Naples as the Disney Spring’s restaurant gets built so that he is nearby!

HglU0WXl.jpg

Jid3PeUl.jpg

The Jasper Peach - Peach Moonshine, 1500’s sweet tea & mint

QqsOXEzl.jpg

Fresh Whole Milk Buratta - Pickled Heirloom Beets, Blackberry Ale Vinaigrette, Florida Orange and Toasted Hazelnuts

uYbZiEUl.jpg

Chef Art’s Famous Fried Chicken - House Hot Sauce & Rosemary Biscuits

pzGHcTUl.jpg

Molten Chocolate Cake - Hazelnut Gelato & Caramelized White Chocolate[/u]

bORUvoBl.jpg

Art Smith w/ my group of friends

Beach Walk
On June 17th, a couple friends and I did walk the beach at Wiggins Pass for sunset!

Yej3gp6l.jpg

Second Half Restart

When I went to the doctor on the 13th, I kinda realized how much I backslipped in my health goals; however, I’ve really been struggling mentally on getting to the gym so I wasn’t going to force the issue. I have tried to make myself run outside at least on days where it wasn’t running and I didn’t have something else planned. I don’t start my training plan until August for Wine & Dine so I just need to keep up with getting my muscles moving. I think I did ok with keeping up with doing stuff more than I had earlier in the month. I had decided after life exploded in May, there would be no way for me to train well enough to do the 10 Miler on July 2nd as I was really far from ready. I think that was a smart choice.

June Miles Ran: 5.84 miles
2016 Mileage: 187.17 miles

(And on July 1st - I flew to Hawaii - Trip Report is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wa...-pre-trip-now-trip-report-update-7-2.3467739/ )​

Stay strong! I'm sure you're a great support to your mom and stepdad even though you're likely exhausted!

1500 South looks fabulous!!!

I cannot wait to hear about Hawaii! I'll be following along!

June running got better for me as well. We're in NY for the summer at our lake house and the weather has been cooler. I ran a 5K at our local strawberry festival and won first for females ages 30-39! Granted it was a small race but it was my fastest pace 8:57!!! My cousin is also in town, so it's nice to run with another runner. We did 6.57 miles yesterday. Still a long way from 13.1, but I'm getting there!

June total: 50.06 miles
Year total: 166 miles

Glad to see you back and posting. Bronchitis is no joke, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Love your detailed reports. Sorry to hear about your mother's husband. Sometimes running (although it can be a stress outlet) needs to take a backseat to life.

Stay strong! I'm sure you're a great support to your mom and stepdad even though you're likely exhausted!

1500 South looks fabulous!!!

I cannot wait to hear about Hawaii! I'll be following along!

June running got better for me as well. We're in NY for the summer at our lake house and the weather has been cooler. I ran a 5K at our local strawberry festival and won first for females ages 30-39! Granted it was a small race but it was my fastest pace 8:57!!! My cousin is also in town, so it's nice to run with another runner. We did 6.57 miles yesterday. Still a long way from 13.1, but I'm getting there!

June total: 50.06 miles
Year total: 166 miles

The month of June was super exhausting. If I didn't have Hawaii to look forward to, I"m sure at one point I would have broke somehow. 1500 South was fabulous! I can't wait to go back there again with my girlfriends (not exactly vegetarian friendly for my husband) but I'm also really excited to try Homecoming in the fall - although I need to decide which trip that is - the girls trip or the Wine & Dine one!

Hawaii has been AMAZING so far! I'm so sad I'm over half way done with the trip and having to go back to the real world soon :( We've changed plans a bit from what we originally laid out but I think its worked out better for the two of us - zero fights so far (outside of his comment about my flying clothes...)

That is awesome you got so much running done in June and that you run your age group for a local 5K! I'm so proud for you :) If you can get to 6.57 miles - you can get to 13.1 with keeping up the training right!

Glad to see you back and posting. Bronchitis is no joke, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Thank you! I think we all go through spurts about not really posting - especially when its all not positive (I've been reading along with your struggles and I know you haven't been in a good running place either - although that can happen when you have to adjust the goals you have set out) The bronchitis sucked! I was just happy I got it taken care of before it turned to something worse. Those Z-Packs are amazing things along with the coding cough syrup.

Love your detailed reports. Sorry to hear about your mother's husband. Sometimes running (although it can be a stress outlet) needs to take a backseat to life.

Thank you! I agree that sometimes running does have to take a backseat to life. My stress outlet has really been my weekly Wednesday yoga lately. My teacher is AMAZING and I really love her and am so thankful I have her and her type of teaching in my life. Although I haven't run yet in Hawaii this month, I did at least get some yoga in! I need to get to running more seeing as Wine & Dine will sneak up on us in no time!

Thank you! I think we all go through spurts about not really posting - especially when its all not positive (I've been reading along with your struggles and I know you haven't been in a good running place either - although that can happen when you have to adjust the goals you have set out) The bronchitis sucked! I was just happy I got it taken care of before it turned to something worse. Those Z-Packs are amazing things along with the coding cough syrup.
Yep, drover of the struggle bus right here :wave2:

I had bronchitis for the first time ever in 2014 (right after Princess weekend...someone gave it to me at some point in the parks. Thanks?)...I swear, among the sickest I have ever been in my life. It knocked me on my @$$.

And yes, Z-packs are amazing! :lovestruc

July Training Update

Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 5.55.30 PM.png

July Miles Ran: 4.44 Miles
2016 Miles Ran To Date: 191.61 Miles

July started off with our vacation to Oahu, Hawaii! We left Southwest Florida early on the 1st and didn’t return until the evening on the 9th!

Trip Report Here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wa...-pre-trip-now-trip-report-update-7-3.3467739/

My husband and I both DNS’d the Kaena Point 10 Miler we had signed up for months ago. I had decided against doing it during the Memorial Day 5K as I knew I would be undertrained. My husband waived back and forth. He was trained for it but decided to not risk injury on the first day of vacation as the trail went over a lot of different ground options - including sand, walls, mud, leaves, etc. I think that was the better decision for both of us. It let us get a lot of other stuff done!

We didn’t really exercise a ton during the trip formally. I did do Sunrise Yoga on July 4th and found it to be nice. It was a different type of class than what I'm used to as it was totally easier than normal. We did hike Diamondhead and that totally killed me - partly because of the incline - partly because I’m not as in shape as I had in my mind that I was for cardio wise. We got a decent amount of swimming in as well. I came back so very tan!

Coming home wiped us out as we didn’t get a ton of sleep on the plane so we spent my birthday being lazy at home after we got the dogs from their kennel. We also accomplished a whole bunch of laundry!

I focused more of the week and a half on just normal cardio and yoga.

On July 15th, a few girl friends and I went to Marco Island for dinner and walk around afterwards. I love the sky there!

ZMR7n5i.jpg

I actually was planning on going for a run on July 17th in the afternoon after my brunch with friends but plans changed. I knew my friends and I were going to go for brunch for my birthday (a week late) since I had been traveling the previous weekend and it just wouldn’t have been smart to go out. My best friend had let me know to be ready at 8:30AM in “cute workout clothes” with a sweater or a cute coverup. I went with semi cute workout clothes (a cute sparkle skirt + a blah top) but my coverup was adorable at least!

Imagine my surprise when I walk out of my door and see this!

cvYMDE7h.jpg

My best friend totally got me and rocked! Inside were three of my other friends even though they were from different friend circles. I was completely surprised! They wouldn’t tell me where we were going but we were fed granola and driven over to Seagate Beach in Naples. My surprise was a private beach yoga session with my favorite yoga teacher I go to every Wednesday!

QqjDTL4.png

jy76Nhh.png

She had written the class with me in mind as well and had it be a runner’s focus (she doesn’t know I’ve been the worst runner ever lately, I mean, look at my awful mileage in May, June and July) and had it be a lot of hip openers and stretches and a more gentle flow for a Sunday Morning. I couldn’t imagine a better way to start a Sunday with my friends! After our hour long class, we headed back to the limo where we opened sparkling wine and took the Limo to the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort for Brunch at Lemonia where another one of my friends joined us (she isn’t a yoga fan) I couldn’t have been more thankful for all of the surprises! It was such a great way to finish up turning 30.

pNyvcDih.jpg

My friend, Elise, had invited me to attend her favorite yoga teacher on Monday evening so I went there. He was a very yogi yoga teacher which is nice sometimes but I couldn’t do that regularly. It is good to switch it up from time to time though!

On Wednesday, July 20th, I shocked myself at my beach yoga class. The class was very small (4 students, all regulars) because it was very iffy if it was happening or not because of the rain tracker. Ultimately she decided to chance it and start class 15 minutes early. Part of class this week focused on inversions and getting into Tripod.

Here is how you start to get into it. After Step 4, you put your legs up!

TRnHRBSh.png

Normally, I can get to step 2 or step 3 and never beyond that.

Not tonight!

While this photo is showing my teacher spotting me (I have a problem of going too far forward) I totally did it! Not just once but twice!

RDvuStzh.jpg

I also did supported headstand without a wall but again, we were bad at getting the camera out until I was falling out of it…

A88uSF8h.jpg

I felt pretty strong as well, seeing as I weigh a lot, that is a lot of weight for me to have supported by just my hands and head!

When I got home from work on Thursday, July 21st, I was happy to see that my order from Sparkle Skirts had arrived for 3 group customs! I had been on the waitlist for one of them and in the group for the other two. This gave me the motivation to run finally! Funny enough, I didn’t wear one of my new skirts but one of my other ones but I got 1.44 miles done at a 14:43 pace which I’m pretty happy with!

nk6PuKyh.jpg

With Sports Authority going out of business, I was able to pick up a new pair of shoes for $63 in the chaos that was that store. They were men’s size 8s, Asics Gel Kayano 22 which is an amazing deal! I didn’t need the shoes yet as my Noosa Tri and Saucony Iso Hurricanes still have a decent amount of life in them but at least when the Noosa die by the time Wine & Dine Challenge Training ends, I’ll already have shoes around. I also picked up a yoga block and yoga strap for $3.99 each!

IGiiufQ.png

In July 2015 I had only ran 167.85 for the year so being at 191.61 now for 2016 despite having 3 months of barely running is good. At least I was way more active this month than I have been in recent months.

With Wine & Dine coming up in November, I've decided to use Hal Higdon's Novice 2 Plan for this race. It will start officially on August 16th for me. My husband is debating between his Intermediate 1 or 2 Plan for himself.​

Wow!!! What amazing friends and what an amazing way to spend a birthday celebration!! How awesome! Great job on the advanced yoga poses too! I love love love the skirts!! I'm about to place my first order. I think I may order the tickled pink swing style. I'm nervous to spend the money as I'm not quite sure the size and style but I'll be able to wear it twice this year I hope!

I just ran my farthest distance today. I ran 8.86 miles at a 11:42 pace.
Which brings my totals to:
July: 49 miles
2016: 207 miles

Wow, what an awesome birthday surprise! Great job getting into those headstands, especially on the beach - that seems like it would make it so much harder.

Wow!!! What amazing friends and what an amazing way to spend a birthday celebration!! How awesome! Great job on the advanced yoga poses too! I love love love the skirts!! I'm about to place my first order. I think I may order the tickled pink swing style. I'm nervous to spend the money as I'm not quite sure the size and style but I'll be able to wear it twice this year I hope!

I just ran my farthest distance today. I ran 8.86 miles at a 11:42 pace.
Which brings my totals to:
July: 49 miles
2016: 207 miles

This was definitely the most I've celebrated a birthday in years! I guess 30 is one of those you can get away with that. Next year will be a lot less exciting!

I have the Playful Pink one (I wore it for Princess) The skirts can get addicting. I have 7 now - 1 that is a race only skirt (White Linen w/ BB8 Embellishment) - the 3 Group Customs I just received, another Group Custom called WaveRunner, PurplePlaid, HighlandFling and the PlayfulPink.

With the size with them - follow their size guide! In most workout clothes, I'm pretty much an XL. For some reason, with Sparkleskirts, I'm a L. I had bought an XL for my first skirt (Fiesta) and it just didn't work well! It kept falling off my bum! I was able to sell it though on FB for a decent price.

You could always try to buy a used one through one of the groups online or their sale sections as they are expensive!

That is awesome mileage for far for the year! Keep it up! You are going to do great!

Wow, what an awesome birthday surprise! Great job getting into those headstands, especially on the beach - that seems like it would make it so much harder.

It was such a wonderful surprise! My friends did so well in surprising me! It's two of theirs big birthdays in the coming year - one of them is turning 40 in October and my best friend turns 30 in February so I have time to plan something nice in return.

Beach Yoga is definitely a lot harder than yoga in the studio format. Which is why I'm so shocked and happy I was able to get up like I did as usually when I've gotten up before - its because I've had a wall to spot me (so help my fear as I know its there to support if I feel uneasy) Probably why I got annoyed at Aulani's 'beach' yoga which was actually on a grassy lawn! That isn't beach yoga! I mean the ground is stable!

2017 Dark Side Challenge Registration

August 2nd was DVC Registration for Dark Side Challenge. With the amount of things going on with work, I had been horrible in following along in the thread and the rumors and such. I was glad I had set the alarm in my work to remind me to register. The only problem was I could only afford to pay for registration for one of us this day without tapping into savings since Hawaii had taken most so much of our extra spending money, at least until my yearly bonus check for work hit our checking account literally the next day.

I got myself registered at noon with no problems and then didn't think twice about it.

When I got home, I started to see that the thread here had blown up why, well it seemed Disney had actually updated the website with information about this race mainly this info:

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 4.48.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 4.48.02 PM.png

That was a surprise since last year the race started at EPCOT and ended at Wide World of Sports for the 10K & Half. This had its own set of issues.

Originally when planning on doing these races, we figured we would stay at either Beach Club, Boardwalk or Saratoga Springs with our DVC Points depending what was open at the 7 Months Mark. We did not like having to use the monorail to get to start of the half marathon especially when it started later than it was supposed to! This is why I didn't make reservations at 11 Months out for Grand Floridian.

Well, this start/finish location change gave us a change of plans.

VGF would actually be a really smart choice now, as would the Polynesian but why wait until 7 Months when I had home resort advantage? The thing that does suck about this weekend is that the point values are SO HIGH! 123 points would be a week at other times of the year! Still better than having to pay money out of pocket.

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 5.05.50 PM.png

Wednesday Morning when I woke up (5AM) I was happy to see that I was able to registered my husband for the challenge as for some reason it hadn't sold out in record time unlike last year!

Disney Races definitely have reached their saturation point. I'm ok with this to ease the stress involved in registration.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter