Reading the tea leaves re FP+, EMH, tix changes

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by OklahomaTourist, Feb 20, 2013.

1. rrushford

rrushford Earning My Ears

My concern with canceling EMH is the wait for buses at the end of the night if everyone leaves at once. On the plus side, the EMH park of the day is usually more crowded and this might spread things out. I do hope they extend park closing somewhat as I prefer nighttime there

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

There is a lot of speculation about all of this. Based on quotes from the V.P. Nick Franklin and the Terms and Conditions and the number of FP available in a park, it looks like 3 FP in advance will be the magic number, and I doubt there will be anymore available for the day of. Epcot and Animal Kingdom don't even have enough capacity for 3 per person now, so 4 or more doesn't make sense.

Magic Kingdom has a big surplus in FP based on 3 FP+ per person, which allows them to use it as an incentive some how. I don't see Disney, taking that extra surplus at MK, that now has a lot of value and then just giving them away to the first people who can make it to the park and get on their phones to grab FP. That seems like a waste of "economic power".

Just my thoughts. I have heard that 4 FP+ could be the number on the initial rollouts If only a few resorts go online at a time - Disney can build some good will with that information, but once all resorts, all AP holders, and all off-site guests are online with the system - it can't support 4 FP per person and more at the park. Unless of course they build quite a few more rides.

The other problem with the FP+ numbers is that the FP+ slots are counting on people accepting FP+ for Its A Small World, Jungle Cruise, Primeval Whirl, Nemo and Figment and The Great Movie Ride - when typically those rides don't really need FP. If people get to book 4 advance, there are going to be a lot of people "stuck" with those rides and Stitch and Pirates of the Caribbean and Spaceship Earth and Indiana Jones Stunt Show and getting special seating at the Festival of the Lion King (which I can't imagine would be necessary).

4. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I would pay for EMH again. I'm not so sure about being nickel and dimed for extra fastpasses though.

5. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Bingo.

Perhaps.

Who Knows.

No one really.

6. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

I posted in another thread that a CM friend of mine told me today about FP+ for BOG. It will be tried at WL, GF, and CR first.

She also told me they will give out fast pass+ for resort guests BUT the value guests will a certain number, the mod guests will get more than the value guests, and the deluxe guests will get more than the mod guests. It is monetizing the FP+ because those who spend more will get more.

7. Ladcassidy

Ladcassidy Mouseketeer

DH was clamoring for this option on our trip a couple of weeks ago. He was primed to pay whatever it might cost to avoid standing in one more line. . .

8. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

There is a VIP tour that avoids the lines. It costs between $275-$315/ hour with a 6 hour minimum. You can tour 1 park or ride and see all your favorites in all 4 parks.

9. fairy8i8

fairy8i8 Spread the Magic!

True! Disney already has an unlimited Fastpass system in place for people willing to pay (and it costs A LOT). I think the value of this service will increase as more rides will now be Fastpass rides.

One of the press releases concerning Fastpass is that it is geared to be more future friendly-- meaning that they are trying to make the parks accessible to generation Y that will soon be having kids and bringing them to the parks. The hope is that they can turn many of the one time visitors into repeat visitors. While I love Disney, most people I know consider Disney a once in a lifetime childhood trip, so getting them back would be a huge new revenue stream.