Reactions to Are you 23? Announcement

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by saturday97, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Stevegriswold

Stevegriswold Mouseketeer

I was up at midnight going to disney.com/23 and disney.com/d23 since that is the site they have been talking about forever. The page is blank and at midnight nothing new. I still could not find any info about the promo until I came here.

I paid $20k to join DVC and pay $1k every year in dues. So I figure I am already in the most expensive Disney Club there is and would like to see some additional benefits for DVC members instead of this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BellaOfTheWorld

BellaOfTheWorld Mouseketeer

I'm going to reserve judgement on d23 until we get more info. What would make a big difference in the value of membership is what's included in the 4 day event going on in Disneyland...if there is a lot of stuff included in that, then the $75 might be mrs than worth it...if you can Make it to DL, of course.

And supposedly, the magazine (4 issues) is more like a coffee table book than a flimsy magazine.

And also little things like the pen help justify the cost - a little - depending on what all else will actually be offered.

Generally, I think it's ok...especially if you're going to the DL event.

4. luke

luke SeƱor Mejor

As his Facebook status has just said, "R U kidding me!!" :lmao:

Like you I hope he's not too chilled from his day on Castaway Cay to give us a classic rant popcorn::

:goodvibes

5. KristinU

KristinU DIS Veteran

I feel like I did one morning almost 6 years ago at DL...when they had left a message about a "special announcement and celebration" happening before the park opened. We trotted ourselves out there at o'dark-thirty to watch them announce the Disney credit card - wah wah wah wah. DH and I looked at each other and said "don't forget to drink your Ovaltine...a lousy commercial!" What a let down this D23 thing is.

And I agree that the pen has GOT to be a joke, or a typo or something!!! At $49.95 it would be overpriced, IMHO.

6. kafitty

kafitty <font color=purple>yep, that almost sent snot flyi

Seriously? This is it?? :confused3

i just don't understand how Disney is so out of touch with their core fanbase...it's not like we're in hiding or anything. :laughing:

ITA that this should be something offered to AP holders or DVC members.
    Or, why doesn't Disney do something like the cruiselines, where you get certain perks after so many stays on property? That's actually a pretty good idea, if i do say so myself, lol.

can't wait to hear Pete ranting about this one. :rolleyes: ;)

7. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

:confused3 Disney obviously doesn't have a clue as to what thier most devoted fans think or what they want. Very disappointing.

8. wishspirit

wishspirit <font color=teal>When you wish upon a star!<br><fo

If you buy the membership, you don't get to go to the conference, you get reduced price tickets, big difference.

Just another way of getting people into the parks IMHO

9. Geef

Geef A persona of a cartoon

7 mins 9 secs and counting

10. Matt@WDWR

Matt@WDWR Mouseketeer

Typical Disney arrogance.How about a club where I have the privilege of buying exclusive reasonably priced merchandise? I can overspend on Disney crap everywhere on property. This, fellow Disney fans, is exactly what the Disney corporation thinks of you.

11. Disneybridein2k3

Disneybridein2k3 I am and I'm not afraid to admit

And an insulting discount at that, all things considering....
    How much will the Expo cost?

General Admission: Adult 1-day $37 Child 1-day $27 Child 4-day $81 (4th day free) D23 Member Admission (D23 members may purchase up to four discounted tickets per membership): Adult 1-day $30 Adult 4-day $90 (4th day free) Child 1-day $22 Child 4-day $66 (4th day free)

12. Geef

Geef A persona of a cartoon

At least they are consistent... The countdouwn calendard was a let down as well! It counted to 0:0:00:00 and then started in negetive numbers!

Oh-Well

13. Matt@WDWR

Matt@WDWR Mouseketeer

At some point you would think people would be fired over things like this.

14. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

There is a conference call this afternoon. I'll report back any info I hear.

15. Commando2319

Commando2319 Mouseketeer

$850.00 for a pen.

It looks like with this new Are you 23 campaign, Disney is going after two new groups. The insane and the stupid.

16. nedac

nedac Mouseketeer

I am personally looking forward to the 'Australia' themepark, that should be cool.

17. Commando2319

Commando2319 Mouseketeer

Wow. They have instructions for the pen. I take back what I said. It is totally worth $850.00 if they tell me how to use... A PEN.

18. Jennygt

Jennygt DIS Veteran

Well said.

19. steve76

steve76 Mouseketeer

20. dkostel

dkostel DIS Veteran

So the wrap around women's t-shirts are actually cute, but they say d23 so folks would know you paid $75 for the privilege of paying $25 for the shirt. I think the most telling thing here of how out of touch they are, is that they have "launch day" apparel. Like anyone is sooo excited about this that they would need to wear a shirt announcing that they had to join on day 1:sad2:

21. maroo

maroo DIS Veteran

Seems like they are advertising a "community" where you can share all of the things you love about Disney.

Uh...

I think we got one of those already. :thumbsup2

For free.

(Pete - Don't get any ideas!)