Re-using Resort Mugs: The end is near

Wouldn't this be something similar to what they do in the water parks? I always thought those mugs were date bar coded so could only be used that day? You have to scan those before the drinks machine will work.

The waterparks have a sticky label barcode that is not date coded but day of the week coded....if you went on Monday say, then the next time you went was the following Monday, you could in theory get away without purchasing a new sticker...we always buy a new one I will add!

Felt the need to post so I could peek at my ticker! :banana::banana::banana:

People are never happy when changes are introduced. This seems to be particularly true of devoted Disney guests. There was a major uproar when they dropped gratuity from the DDP a few years back. But people still buy it - yes buy it, not get it free. The dust will settle and it will be business as usual :)

It is human nature to resist change .... and then adapt ;)

Doesn't really affect us as we will still be buying new ones when we return in November. I wonder if they will have extended the scheme by then?

Something I was wondering though, as it stands currently.....

If I stay at All Stars & buy we buy a mug each. If we had the mug with us in our backpack, could we use it at another resort? For example, we like to go see the gingerbread house at GF. Could we use our resort mug there or is it only meant to be your actual resort?

Doesn't really affect us as we will still be buying new ones when we return in November. I wonder if they will have extended the scheme by then?

Something I was wondering though, as it stands currently.....

If I stay at All Stars & buy we buy a mug each. If we had the mug with us in our backpack, could we use it at another resort? For example, we like to go see the gingerbread house at GF. Could we use our resort mug there or is it only meant to be your actual resort?

It's only supposed to be used at the resort purchased from. Since Disney stopped doing individual mugs for each resort, it's impossible for them to stop this other than introducing this RFID system. But then, they are apparently staying you can reuse the same mug for split stays in the same trip??!!

The supposed 5 minute delay until you can refill the mug really annoys me. I know this is designed to stop mug sharing, but it also penalises those who might want to chug down part of a mug and then top up before leaving.

Seems to me to be mis-presenting the description of "unlimited refills" if you can't refill as often as you like, plus is pretty petty as the soda costs Disney next to nothing.

To be honest, this is just one in a long list of reduction in benefits and quality for WDW guests, and it is starting to turn us off WDW. We visited DLR CA last year, and are tending towards visiting there more in future (combined with visiting the rest of the West).

Seems to me to be mis-presenting the description of "unlimited refills" if you can't refill as often as you like, plus is pretty petty as the soda costs Disney next to nothing.

While this is not an issue to us, I can quite see someone who can swig back a full mug of soda in a few minutes being inconvenienced by the new system. Minds you, I should probably brace myself for my indecisive DD to take AGES to decide what to drink now :rolleyes1 She likes to tap the levers quickly, dispensing a tiny shot of soda to taste as she works her way across the selection before settling on what she wants ... eventually. Telling her that she now needs to decide before she pours it probably means we would need to allow an extra 15 minutes for soda selection with our meals! :rolleyes:

ooh imagine having to pay for something every trip - really shocking next they'll be expecting you to pay for each meal, flight and tickets instead of them being never ending lol ;)

ooh imagine having to pay for something every trip - really shocking next they'll be expecting you to pay for each meal, flight and tickets instead of them being never ending lol ;)

:lmao: Now that would be Disney taking the ::MickeyMo

Seriously though, I think a relatively small percentage of guests do try cheat the system. But it is just slightly annoying for those of us who buy them every time :goodvibes

It clearly states when you buy the mugs that they are valid for the length of your stay.

Am I missing something???????

It clearly states when you buy the mugs that they are valid for the length of your stay.

Am I missing something???????

Nope. It's as clear as day :thumbsup2

I think my previous post may have come across as a bit ambiguous with a badly phrased sentence. I had intended it to read that it is annoying for those of us who pay for our mugs to read up about those who clearly wish to violate the policy to save a few bucks, unhappy about being forced to keep to the rules. I should also clarify that I do realise that many who are unhappy about the changes are not ones trying to 'cheat the system.

would be better if they also went back to resort mugs with year on and not the generic ones they have now our collection of these is huge
Paul

we always buy them each time and end up using them maybe twice....

we're either too lazy to drag our tired bodies back to the food court for a drink...
or we forget to take them with us if we go to the food court to eat and then we're too lazy to drag our sorry derrières back to the room to get the mugs..

our collection of these is huge
Paul

:rotfl: Likewise!, but we still refuse to throw them out :rotfl:
Maybe they will become collectors items in years to come.
I can just see these on Antiques Roadshow in 50 years time! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter