Re-Hitching Ceremony

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by FallDisney, Jul 24, 2003.

1. FallDisney

FallDisney Mouseketeer

My husband lost his wedding ring, and has come up with an "idea". He thinks we should purchase gold bands and do the re-hitching ceremony. The only thing I know about the ceremony is what little I've read on the boards. Will this work? Will they let us do that? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disney queen

disney queen DIS Veteran

great idea, but i don't have an answer. so bumping up for you!:tongue: :tongue:

4. CK1

CK1 DIS VET / DVC member

Are you referring to the "re-hitching" ceremony they do at garden Grille at THe Land in Epcot?

If so... dh and I had this "sprung" upon us by well-intentioned SIL and BIL on our trip last year. It consisted of a ceremony, of sorts, with the staff playing the role of minister, characters there as witnesses I suppose. DH and I had to sort of re-take our vows, and then "lock lips for 100 seconds". (They then let you get by with 10, or at least, that's what they did for us, b/c dh was positively fuschia with embarrasment ). It wasn't what I'd call a serious event, by any means -- a very lighthearted, fun sort of event. (afterall, Mickey's in that less-than-attractive farmer suit that "makes his stomach look all weird", as our kids pointed out more than once... how serious could it be?)

Cindy

5. FFerret

FFerret <font color=336699>Will do a Happy Ferret Dance fo

Called this morning to do it during the Ice Cream Social the first Sat in Oct :)

Gonna spring it on hubby (we had eloped way back when)--have no idea how he's going to take it!

Any more reviews about it?

6. PaulaJ

PaulaJ <font color=FF66FF>Hostess of the new Tag Fairy Ch

hOW DO YOU SCHEDULE A rehitchin'? When making PS's or when you get there?

7. disney queen

disney queen DIS Veteran

PaulaJ, we have always requested the re-hitchin' when making the PS arrangements. sometimes the CM has no idea of what you are referring to,but just ask nicely that it be noted on the reservations. and then when you get to the restaurant, be sure to mention that you had requested the ceremony. we have had no problems w/this in the past.:tongue:

8. kinggoofy

kinggoofy DIS Veteran

I just booked the re-hitching cermony to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. (DW does not know, so its kind of a surprise.)

I called and made a PS for Garden Grille for Aug. 15th. The CM took down all the information. He said all the characters are on hand for the event.

We did it for dinner. Its an "all you can eat" menu for $21.99 per adult.

We have never had dinner at the Garden Grille but the ceremony sounds like it will be fun and the food sounds like its good.

He did say to remind the host/hostess when we check in.

9. Jakesmom1

Jakesmom1 <font color=red>The Tag Fairy shows herself to no

Can someone explain to me how this works? I think it would be fun to do, but im not sure exactly what it is?

Actual "ceremony" at your table? Extra charges?

Thanks

10. rjjr

rjjr Mouseketeer

FFeret,

I called last night to book this as well for the ice cream social. The CM didn't know what I was talking about which I had kind of expected because of what I had read here, but after putting me on hold for 10 minutes, he old me that they can't do it at the ice cream social.:mad:

I booked my PS anyway. Did your person note it for you? Mine said that there wasn't a spot to note it for my PS. Very confusing!

I'm trying to do it at 2:50pm on 10/4 - same time as you??

11. FFerret

FFerret <font color=336699>Will do a Happy Ferret Dance fo

rjjr--
    Yes, on the 4th at 3:10. I've been seeing conflicting reports lately about the Fantasmic Package too, where CMs say it's not available to others but then they let me do it when I called.

DEFINITELY call again when you can and just tell them to make a note; they should be able to note it on your PS. The first person I called to do it--who hung up on me when she was trying to figure it out (accident--it's fine)--had me on hold forever til it was disconnected. The second person didn't know either, but after putting me on hold said she did make a note.

Either way please let me know what they tell you. Maybe we can do a double hitching :)