Re-categorization of Disney Dream & Fantasy rooms eff. Oct 18, 2011!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by HallsofVA, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TLinden16

TLinden16 <marquee><font color=royalblue>Scotty and Ray at J

So, have they started issuing refunds yet? I was looking at my credit card statement, and I have $1.03 credit from DCL, and I'm wondering if that is the refund for my downgraded room. The credit is dated before the date of the e-mail I received from my TA.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. simbasmom2

simbasmom2 Just waitin around till boarding time!

When I booked another cruise online today for 2013, I booked on the otherside of the ship for June and they had room 5656 a cat. 4E. The DCL CM said it is now a 4E and charged me for it. I think when I was looking at the deck plan page and scrolling over the rooms, yes, it was showing up 5E. They must not have updated yet. HMMM...

4. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Might you have any photos of the interior of the room or of the view of the porthole from these rooms? Thanks, MJ!

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Why yes I do....check out this thread.....I don't have the view from the porthole but it was slight off to the starboard side. You would see the bow of the ship and off to the port.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2818366

MJ

6. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

You are so speedy- thanks,
    Ps....I also found the picture you had posted on this thread. :happytv:

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

$1.03 seems too small for this. I'm guessing that is a refund on port charges or taxes.

8. TLinden16

TLinden16 <marquee><font color=royalblue>Scotty and Ray at J

Thanks, TDC Nala. Not that I'm expecting a huge refund or anything, but $1.03 would be just an insult. ;)

9. chernabogfamily

chernabogfamily Mouseketeer

I am booked in this room for a 2012 cruise. What did you complain about in regards to the stateroom classification and price? Should I be worried or excited that it is being reclassified?

10. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

We are "lucky" I guess - our school calendar is already posted on the school system website for 2012-2013, which actually surprised me. Our Spring Break is not even close to Easter this year, or next. (This year it's the week of March 12th, 2013 is the week of March 9th). The deals were on the last 2 cruises in March - apparently there was a "glitch" and before ~11am, a 7-night Fantasy in a Cat 7A was $1169/adult, which was cheaper than the inside/oceanview cabins. Of course, they fixed the "glitch" and it went up to $1771/adult. :eek: Yikes!!

Glad you found something - that looks like a great room choice. We have a cruise on the Dream sch in Feb to "seal the deal" for Gold as well :thumbsup2 (Plus, I think it will prepare us for the 3 cruises on the Fantasy and help us get the lay of the land (LOL!))

I am interested to see Magic/Wonder 2013.......both where they are going as well as prices............

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I'm waiting for mine too.

12. IrenicMom

IrenicMom DIS Veteran

Not to bring up an old post, but....

Anyone else out there still not heard from DCL and/or their TA?

I have three of the downgraded rooms (7000, 7002 and 7004) on the June 30, 2012 sailing on Fantasy, and haven't gotten the info from my TA yet. (They went from 9A to 9C)

She said she had over 200 rooms affected, and hasn't gotten all of the confirmations yet :confused3

13. Clara Belle

Clara Belle Earning My Ears

Our cabin was downgraded from a 6B to 7A. We never heard from Disney, I found out through the boards. I contacted my TA but she had not heard from Disney either. I looked on the DCL website yesterday and it now states our room as a 7A but I am unable to see the any price change, if any, since we went through TA. She told me if there is a refund we would see it on our credit card statement...have not seen anything yet. We do not sail until Dec. 2012, so maybe we are not a priority at this time.

Good luck to all!

Clara Belle

14. Donald_Quackers

Donald_Quackers Quacktastic!

I had a Cat 9A for the April 21st cruise on the Fantasy, and it got reclassified to a 9C. I noticed it and checked with DU, found that it reduced my fare by almost $200 and I can pay it off next month!

15. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

When I checked the Disney Cruise website a few days ago, my cabin was still a 9A. Just now, I checked, and it's now reflecting the 9D category.

16. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

There's a thread on this: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2827526

17. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Bumping up

mj

18. Silverfox97

Since our "preferred" aft stateroom(s) have been reclassified from 6A to 5E, if the price is too high on future cruises, I am toying with booking Cat 7A #8662. I wonder what it would be like to open your door into the hall of the aft elevator and stairway :confused3

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I had 7666 on the Dream and it was just a few doors down from the aft elevator and stairs...we loved it.

20. Silverfox97

We just had 9648 on the Dream which was 2 doors down from the aft elevators/stairs and it was fine. 8662 opens up directly into the hallway - it's not a few doors down, so I am wondering about noise mostly.....

Hopefully, we'll be able to stay with our Cat 5E aft staterooms, but in case we aren't.............

21. Anal Annie

Anal Annie <font color=magenta>....at least I KNOW I'm a kook

I've booked 8662 on the Dream for 2013 and wondered the same thing about the location...but the "obstruction" really looks to be minimal...sort of like the old "secret verandah" cabins on the Magic & Wonder. I doubt we'll keep this cruise date - we'll likely move it forward to 2014 on the Fantasy but unless something really negative shows up on the room reports I'll likely try to keep the cabin number as it's also a non-connecting - it looks like it would be a great room (I think it only sleeps 3 tho). It is a huge savings on the price.

There is a pair of forward rooms I would consider too (8022 & 8520). They are not in the elevator lobby and sleep 4 but are connectors (we only need to sleep 3 but we like the pulldown bunk for DS so the couch remains free). The obstruction looks very slight, similar to 8662 & 8164.