• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCI Pixie Dust: SSR Upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge 1BR

LtRazor

Mouseketeer
I just got first ever pixie dust and it was from RCI. We were staying 2 weeks at SSR and the 2nd week got upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge 1BR villa!!! My wife has always wanted to stay there so I'm so excited I just had to shout it out.

Not to poopoo on your party but as an SSR owner I wouldn't necessarily call it an "upgrade" unless of course your villa type was upgraded from a studio perhaps to the 1-bedroom? We do like AKV as well and stay there often. I'm just not sure I would call the resort itself an upgrade. The points charts are comparable between the 2 resorts and we often go there as it is actually slightly cheaper on points usage.

That is fantastic! I've only stayed at AKV once in a studio and LOVED IT. It was in Jambo House. I would love to stay there again.

Not to poopoo on your party but as an SSR owner I wouldn't necessarily call it an "upgrade" unless of course your villa type was upgraded from a studio perhaps to the 1-bedroom? We do like AKV as well and stay there often. I'm just not sure I would call the resort itself an upgrade. The points charts are comparable between the 2 resorts and we often go there as it is actually slightly cheaper on points usage.

To me it is just because my wife has always wanted to stay there and it was not avail via RCI exchange when I originally booked. So far I've been able to get Beach Club, Bay Lake Tower in past and now Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom now(Typically, through RCI, see only SSR now, sometimes AKL or OKW). Realize I pay considerably less dues and fees than DVC members ($350 per year dues and cost of unit was $500 originally) so ANYTHING I trade into at Disney is an upgrade.. For this year, I booked into 3 different weeks that would have cost me rack rate of 11K but I am only out of pocket less than $2,000 with dues and fees. Definitely upgrade for me.

Also note, this is my first stay at SSR so I could be changing my tune once I see AKL but I'm excited none the less. Personally, with all the places we have stayed at, our all time favorite is Port Orleans Riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter