rci - having $199 sale again

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by spiceycat, Oct 17, 2012.

1. greenclan67

greenclan67 Callie35

Thank you so much Dawn for all of the info! It is greatly appreciated. We are also a family that loves to "budget travel" We usually go to Florida for once a year for 2 weeks as well, and in the summer we do a week somewhere. Wish I had known about these when we were in Wisconsin Dells this summer. We paid through the nose, kids loved it, but it was expensive! I will def be buying some. With the fact that my hubby is the "boss" at his job, and I run my own business, we can work around dates, to accomodate certain things, as long as we have a few weeks notice to give customers, it works. We are actually looking at Jamaica or Bahamas as well one of these years. So these may work for that as well! You are awesome for sharing!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Using the Keyword function, type in "Resort Certificates" and see what pops up.

4. queenofthehive

queenofthehive DIS Veteran

Wow, I never knew about Skyauction... Can someone explain the upgrade option? Lets say I have purchased my certificate for the $249 to use until Aug 2014. I go the the certificate redeeming site and look for a resort. Under the upgrade tab, I see a resort I would like to book. It has a price in red. Is that price "in addtion" to the cost of my certificate?? It is not very clear... Thank you!

5. BonnieA

BonnieA I don't need no stinkin tag

Yes, it is in addition to your certificate.

6. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

If you PM me the name of it I can tell you if I have seen it listed in the non-upgrade section.

Some condos are often available without an upgrade if you just wait and keep checking back.

Dawn

7. danda22

danda22 Earning My Ears

did you book this? we are staying at silver lakes 5/31-6/7! I also booked through resortcerts! it was easy peasy!

8. DCTM

DCTM Mouseketeer

No, we never booked...Still trying to decide when we want to go and where we want to stay!

9. danda22

danda22 Earning My Ears

that is more than half the battle just figuring that out isn't it!! My certificate was going to expire in 4 days and I had to make a decision and book it! :-)

10. Tissa

Tissa DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I never heard of Skyauction before. They do not have the resort certificates right now but I won a bid for a 2 bedroom in Sliver lake for $350. Just canceled the over $4000 package I had for onsite. I am so happy for the savings!

11. danda22

danda22 Earning My Ears

:banana: happy dance for you!!