Rci availability

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Casemily, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Casemily

Casemily Mouseketeer

Hey all, just tried to login to rci via the dvc link, i checked the agreed box, then got an error message. I called MS to check availability and points requirements and since I wasn't in the rci computer yet the cm put in a request and said I should call back in 24-48 hours.

Basically I'm looking for availability and points cost at a hotel in kona/kihie for feb 4-10 or feb 4 for a week, not sure how it works. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it! One or two bedroom, doesn't matter. Thanks!
    Emily

2. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you were talking about Feb 2014, but 2013? You need more lead time. Good luck.

3. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

FWIW, I don't see any Feb 2013 or Feb 2014 weeks in all of Hawaii (any island) using my direct-access RCI account. (I searched using an RCI account that is not restricted to DVC-approved properties.)

EDITED TO ADD:
    • I was searching only RCI Weeks -- not RCI Points. As DVC uses both, there might still be some hope for an immediate match.
    • RCI Weeks does show two properties in Kailua-Kona available as rentals not exchanges. I doubt DVC MS will offer these to you -- but they are out there.
    • I would recommend using a waitlist / open search. HI tends to pop up periodically very close to travel dates as folks cancel.

EDITED a 2nd TIME TO ADD:
    Ok, I fired up the DVC>RCI portal. There is a match for Feb 2013 via RCI Points, but in Kapaa (on Kauai) at the Pono Kai Resort (#2491) with check-in 2/2/2013. There is a 1BR unit available for a partial week (arrive 2/2; depart 2/5).

4. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

A 1 or 2 BR should matter because it's the difference between 160 & 270 DVC points for a week. Most options for the few that are available for HI will be a full week starting normally on a Fri, Sat or Sunday. Partial weeks will be proportional to the above numbers with higher weekend costs. It's very unlikely you'll get anything starting on Monday for 6-7 days for HI but you might get something for a week and waste a day or 2 by arriving later. I'd look for a cash rental or a condo. Timeshare work best with advanced planning, esp exchanges. IMO, anything under a year out is short notice.

5. Casemily

Casemily Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the great info! I couldn't find any info about if there was a point difference between 1 or 2 bedrooms but I figured there would be. And thanks for looking at availability for me too. I just received my membership so I figured it was too last minute to find anything this close. Have a great night all!