RCCL Granduer fire, out now.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Tonka's Skipper, May 27, 2013.

1. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

I love the ramblings of those who do not know. I get the popcorn out when i read there page.
    I saw the the same pics but on Yahoo. They ones I saw were damaged but not deployed. The difference being that if a co2 cylinder meant to inflate the raft failed it would have taken out most of the canister it was in. Assuming more then 1 failed they wouldn't be sitting neatly in the racks like they are shown. Thered be pieces of plastic and raft all over the back deck. There like bombs going off. Matter of fact we just had a fatal fire on sat.We found smoked broken glass over 100 feet from the fire. We think that the glass got there when the o2 bottled failed and took out the front windows.

One of the other thing I find funny is if they bothered to look into SOLAS regarding life raft/ boat capacity theyed know there's more then enough on 1 side alone to handle everyone. Including crew.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

Could be or they have to make some things from scratch like the winches or rebuild the crew bar that was supposed to be right over the fire.

4. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Ho I agree, the canisters would be all over the place, I did in the video notice 1 canister by itself on the port side, intact, so I was thinking maybe there were more then the racked units. Maybe some that were indeed blown all apart.

Like you didn't even pay much attention the ambulance chaser's comments on the crew member and life raft capacity........let him rant.:lmao:

AKK