Rates seem to be up exponentially in 2007

TexDisney

Earning My Ears
DLR has put dates for 2007 into their system, and I'm at a loss as to the price increase.

For instance, a standard view at the GCH goes for $280 during the value season in 2006.

I priced 7 nights for March 2007 (which is value season) and it came out to $400 a night room-only.

Similarly, a DTD view is almost $500 a night room-only.

A week @ the GCH with a DTD view and 8-day hopper would cost me ~$2400 going through AAA in 2006, the same week for March 2007 will be $3000.

Well we were going to do an entire week at the GCH, but with these rates I think we'll do the first four nights there and then three more nights at either DLH, PPH, or the Best Western depending on how our budget turns out...

I guess I need to call and get Room-only AAA rates for three nights (can't do room-only on AAA's site it seems).

Matt

Rates have not gone up that much if you do an apples to apples comparison. I put in a 6 night, 7 day park hopper trip at the grand for dates this Oct and next Oct. The same dates and type of room. One a 6 night trip there was about $145 difference. Thats what, $25 a day? Not even close to the $120 you were coming up with.

Arriving on 05/22/07 for 4 nights;
2 Adults, 1 Child (age 5)
$1,564.00
Room Type: City/Standard View
Package: None
Ticket: None

$391 per night for Standard View seems significantly higher to me

PrincessMira said:
Arriving on 05/22/07 for 4 nights;
2 Adults, 1 Child (age 5)
$1,564.00
Room Type: City/Standard View
Package: None
Ticket: None

$391 per night for Standard View seems significantly higher to me

$391 a night would breakdown to:

$330 a night
$10 resort fee
$51 (15%tax)

That is $50 over the standard rack rate for this year. Yes, it is an increase. But the standard rack rate is not always available, so its hard to compare it to that. There are only a few rooms that go for that rate. The GC has never been a cheap place to stay!

As a comparison to your May price, you could go Feb. 1-5, 4 nights at the GC, 5 day hoppers for 2 adults and 1 child for $1943. And in addtion to the room and hoppers you would get a $150 gift card. So for $448 a night (1943 minus the value of the gift card because you could spend that to cover other costs) you could stay at the GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter