WL
AKL
Poly
POR
PORFQ
CBR
CSR
Values
Never had a bad time in Disney no matter where we stayed!

Pop 4/5
AKL 4/5
WL 5/5
Contemporary 5/5
POR 4/5
CSR 3/5
AoA 3/5
Swan 4/5
All Stars 2/5
FW cabins 3/5
CBR 3/5

I also stayed at the Poly as a child but don't remember enough of it to rate it!

Our favorites are (in this order):
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)
Contemporary/BLT
Pop
French Quarter

Least Favorites:
Boardwalk

Oddly, the ones I thought I'd HATE the most (Pop and AKL) were my very favorites when I finally gave them a chance. Boardwalk was just awful. Also not a fan whatsoever of GF and wouldn't stay there unless it was free.

Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)
Wilderness lodge
Polynesian

Animal Kingdom Lodge (kidani) next trip, so we will see where it ranks. There was always one thing that stuck out the most at each hotel that was amazing and unforgetable.

Contemporary - Location, location, location! Nothing like being able to walk to and from the Magic Kingdom when the monorail is busy. The new upddated rooms were very nice, clean, and well, "Contemporary", just our taste. My daughter said the room was "so beautiful", not bad considering she was 4 at the time. Chef Mickeys and great quick service dining and gift shops as well as beautiful views. Easily our favorite.

AKL - Lobby is beautiful, especially at Christmas. Animals everywhere, great for my daughter, and very nice unique restaurants. The smell of the hotel was great as well. Pool was great, as well as the slide, pool seemed very big for some reason. Only downside was slower bus transportation but what can you do.

Wilderness Lodge - Great hotel, amazing lobby! Good location without having to pay for monorail hotel access. Best quick service sandwiches i've ever had. I forget the name of the place. Whispering Canyon was good and has a great atmosphere as well.

Polynesian - Very nice hotel as well, Kona Cafe was incredible, very friendly service staff, and great location. Captain Cooks was pretty good as well. Loved the zero entry pool with the ducks swimming right into it with you. The hammock was where I tood my one and only nap at Disneyworld. Can't complain about any of the hotels so far!

Wilderness Lodge 8/10
Animal Kingdom Lodge 8/10
Boardwalk 9/10
Yacht Club 9/10
POFQ 8/10
CSR 8/10
PORS 5/10
CBR 1/10
Pop 4/10
AS Sports 3/10
AS Music 5/10

Every Resort is a 5/5 for me. I love them all, I do have some dislikes at each resort, some of my dislikes are nitpicky....

Grand Floridian 5/5
Love the elegance, location, dining options, great choices in TS & CS !
Dislike the self parking distances.

Wilderness Lodge 5/5
Love the theming & energy of the resort, love Roaring Forks the QS location
Dislike lack of a second option for a mod priced relaxed table service meal, you are limited to pricey but wonderful Artist Point or loud fun Whispering Canyon.

Beach Club 5/5
Love the pool, theming, and location
Dislike - they have a CS location but it is limited in offering and seating.

BoardWalk 5/5
Love the location, proximity to both DHS & EPCOT
I love the TS options. and I luv CS options such as BW to go, Pizza Window, Bakery etc but not always open. Would like to see a true CS choice like Roaring Forks. I really dislike the clown pool that barfs children

SSR Tree House 5/5
Love the remote forest feeling, love the large decks (can comfortable have a family meal). Love the three bedrooms
Dislike - no sliding doors onto the deck, just the self closing doors very easy to lock yourself out. Dislike the multiple bus transfers no dedicated bus service from Tree houses to parks. A car is a must have. Great CS & TS option at SSR but need to drive to them.

SSR Villas 5/5
Love the theming and the main "house" lobby, the CS choice & the Turf Club. Love the new pool
Dislike - open corridors to the villas and the resort being so spread out

AKL - Kidani 5/5
Love everything, only disklike is the distance to Mara to CS choice, love how the parking is under the building, very convenient. Wish they had a CS choice

AKL - Jumbo 5/5
Love everything

Mine!

Deluxe:

Contemporary
AKL
SSR

Moderate (very close in rankings):

POFQ
CBR
POR
CSR

Values :

Music !!!

(Next three rank close)

Sports
Movies
Pop

Then:

AoA LM (very distant 5th)

Beach Club
Beach Club Villas
Bay Lake Tower
Old Key West
Boardwalk Villas
Art of Animation
Pop Century

Boardwalk 5/5
Location is wonderful. I just have a fondness for this resort. Maybe it's the porch with all the chairs. Reminds me of days spent down the shore (Atlantic City) with my grandmother when I was young.

Grand Floridian 5/5
Spent our honeymoon here. It was also our very first trip to Disney ever. Fell in love immediately.

Beach Club 4/5
Location is great. I loved the quiet pool. SAB is not a favorite of our family. We like small and quiet. Room was a dormer style so it felt a little cramped for our party of 5.

Yacht Club 5/5
Location and just a beautiful and relaxing place to be. Had a great room with a view of the quiet pool.

SSR 4/5
Beautiful grounds and rooms were amazing. Resort is very spread out and didn't like having to walk far to get a snack or something to drink.

OKW 4/5
This is another resort that is beautiful and relaxing. But it is spread out and you really need a car to get around unless you get a room near Hospitality House which we did. Nice pool.

POR 3/5
Just too spread out and I didn't really care for the decor and the rooms were small. Would have liked the mansions more but we couldn't fit in those rooms.

In 12 trips to WDW I have to say I have never stayed at a resort I did not like. We stayed onsite 10 of those trips. In November we will be staying at the Poly for the first time.

Deluxe
BWI x2. 5/5
WL x2 5/5
AKL 5/5
YC 4/5
OKW 4/5

Moderate
CRS 5/5
POFQ x 2 4/5

Great thread!

SSR 5/5. - love this resort. It is our dvc home resort. Beautiful grounds, love being near DTD, love the theme and peaceful atmosphere. Really nice pools.

PORS - 3/5 - really liked this but rooms a little dark. Prefer having a small kitchen in room.

POFQ - 3/5- again very nice resort, clean, friendly but rooms a little small and dated. Same re kitchen.

Soon to try out AKV kidani so looking forward to that!

In order of when we visited (for 1st time...2 resorts we visited twice and have X2). Going to give them a grade out of a possible 100% (A+)....edited to change this.
POR- 80%...not near anything and regular rooms with 5 of us
BWV (X2)- 93%...great location and plenty to do though villas are smaller
CR- 95%...great location and feel with plenty to do, but regular rooms with 5 of us (I think a villa at BLT would be close to 100% for us)
SSR- 81%...not a good location and boring theme and smaller villas (would be nice place to live, but nothing special for vacation)
VWL- 82%...didn't WOW us and takes a good amount of points and too far removed but are villas
HH- 88%...closer to home and nice trip to save $$ on not buying park passes (or flying) and plenty to do with nice villas
OKW (X2)- 84%...nice size villas with great layout and low points to stay but not near anything
VB- 79%...too far from home and too desolate and not much to do but villas and resort are nice
BCV- 96%...great location and theme and best pool with lots around but villas are older though still nice (bigger than BWV and laid out well)
up next AKV...can't wait to see what I grade it (my guess is 90-96%)

These are the resorts I have stayed at ranked from best/worst:

Poly and Yacht Club - a tie for my two faves
Beach Club
Contemporary
Boardwalk
Pop Century
Port Orleans French Quarter
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans Riverside
All Star Music
All Star Sports

I won't stay at the All Stars again (prefer Pop) or Caribbean Beach (too large for me). I also will not be staying at the Boardwalk again after staying there twice. I prefer Yacht & Beach Club when staying in the Epcot area.

This is from the viewpoint of someone using an ECV so transportation plays a large factor.

WL 5/5
AKL 4+/5
CBR 3/5
GF 2/5
POR 1/5

Mine is on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the best.

Poly 10/10 - Loved it. 4, maybe 5 times. Would be nice if it had a hot tub
CR 10/10 - Loved it. My fave restaurant Concourse Steakhouse was there when I stayed there.
Shades of Green 10/10 - Loved it. Huge Rooms
Disney Inn - 10/10 - Loved it. Huge Rooms
Disney Golf Resort. 10/10 - Loved it. Golf courses right outside your door.
CSR 10/10 - Loved it. Had a bunch of family there with us. 4 rooms right next to the pool deck in Ranchos 7B.
Caribbean Beach 10/10 - Loved it, stayed there during the fist few weeks of its opening.
Old Key West 10/10 - Loved it. 3 times. Always stayed at HH area, always had a 2 bedroom.
FW Cabins 10/10 - Loved it. Kids were small and liked sticking them in the bedroom and closing the door.
POP 10/10 - Loved it. Boys only trip with my son.
WL 10/10 - Loved it. 3 times. Love the boat to MK. Watching Wishes from our room.
AKL 10/10 - Loved it. Twice.

Do you see a theme here?

I have enjoyed every resort, every stay no matter what level of resort.

Favorite, hands down AKL jambo!!

2nd favorite is Poly, but won't be staying there again. Too much money.

Also loved PO French quarter.

The cabins were cool and I would stay there again but not during summer. Too much of a hassle to get to the pool.

Pop century was great for a value. Kids loved it.

Way way down on the list is PO riverside. I hated it in every way possible. Will never stay there again. The theme is not to our taste and it was dull, quiet and utterly boring.

Best to worst:

Poly
POR
Contemporary
POFQ
CSR
ASMu
ASsp
Beach Club
CBR

And I would stay at any of the top 7 again in a heart-beat! I would stay at the Beach Club again too, but I would make sure I either had a car, or money to blow on taxis. With CBR, while many people love it, I was not a fan. Way too many bus stops within the resort (7!!!) and a not so great food court.

We LOVE the Poly so much we did it 4 years in a row!

Poly
CSR
GF
CBR - never again!!!!

This year we are trying BC!

Our rankings:
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans FQ
Sarasota Springs

We have had wonderful vacations at all of them. That being said, we have been spoiled by the deluxe resorts and being on the monorail. But the only one we would not return to is Sarasota. Too spread out, did not like the pool, thought the service was not up to Disney standards and it felt the least "Disney like" of any properties.

We've stayed both CL and Non CL for 6 of the 8 Deluxes and rank them in the following order based on our personal preferences: (We'll be trying the CR in less than a week)

1) WL
2) GF
3) BC
4) YC
5) AKL
6) BWI

We've also stayed all 4 of the Moderates and rank them in the following order based on our personal preference:

1) POR
2) POFQ
3) CSR
4) CBR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter