---rant---

I haven't been on these boards or on VMK (except maybe one time) since the announcement of VMK closing. I even had vmk.com set as my homepage and re-set it to buildabear.com. :) Anyways...

So, my husband saw the TOT pictures on vmk.com the other day, so I decided to log on and I purchased everything. Then today, I looked at the site and saw there were other new realeases. Oh my goodness, this is so sad. I stopped playing since the news to try to wean myself off of VMK. Now, these new items are bringing me back - but for what? For me to not be able to play with them a month from now.

I was at Target today and was checking out the PrePaid cards they have for sale for other online games. None of them can compare to VMK. Not even ToonTown, Pirates, or Peguin. None of them have anything DISNEY in it... like the kind of stuff you think of when you think of DISNEY... princesses, rides, etc.

Well, I really wasn't going anywhere with this. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I am so sad that this game is going away. And I would gladly pay to keep VMK around. Yes, I'm just echoing what you all have said.

Have fun.. possibly see you in another online world.

The problem is that many people are just moving on.

They may say they don't want it to close and they may say their willing to pay for it, but they're not doing anything about it.

Maybe VMK is trying to desert us, but we don't have to desert VMK yet.

But, what I think we need to remember is that the VMK Staff did not make the ultimate decision to pull the plug on VMK. I personally do not believe the VMK staff is trying to keep us quiet. To be honest, many of them would probably like VMK to continue as well. I really believe that these designers worked very hard to create so many beautiful items and fully expected them to be released over time or through games and quests. I think they are trying to release these items for all of us to get to enjoy during the time we have left.

I feel sad because this is a sign that VMK will indeed be gone after May 21st. But, I think of it this way. Life is but a vapor, we should be enjoying every minute while we can - on VMK and in our day to day life. Am I heartbroken over this loss - Yes. But, I compare it to someone who finds out they only have a short time left to live. Do they just give up and die the day they receive that diagnosis or do they live life to the fullest during those last days? I am going to quest, build, ride, and visit friends as much as I can in the time we have left.

Hugs Everyone. :grouphug:

I think so too. Its sad to accept VMK's closing and look at all the memories and friends we've made. But we'll just have to move on. I still hope we can get them to change their minds but we should live our VMK lives to the fullest and as much as we can as well :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter